What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brisbane Broncos 2012 Thread

Goddy

Juniors
Tonight has proven to be very concerning for our hopes next year;

Sam Thaiday is not Captain material, and he sure as hell isn't as commanding as Locky. Petero is the only man I can think of who is anywhere near worthy to take the role.

The kicking game; Good christ did Lockys absence shine through. Wallace just isn't of the same calibre. Nowhere near.

Dale Copley, while he scored a try, had a few absolute howlers tonight. The one involving Reed and that try gone begging was probably a game changer. An absolute clanger.

Hodges proved that he is either still struggling with injury, or he's hugely overrated these days. Whenever he had the ball, he had no idea where to go with it. His only good moment tonight was gifted to him by a backwards kick fro Gillett.

On the subject of Gillett, VERY hit and miss tonight; the kick to Yow Yeh for the try was his only good moment tonight. He really should have scored that try when he was held up by Lyon.

Parkers kicking game has collapsed in the back half of this season; so many missed conversions. Fair enough almost all of them were on the sideline or close to it, but damn has his kicking let us down recently. His lashout at Evans cost Hala a deserved try as well.

The only player who deserves any clout tonight is Yow Yeh; Put his body on the line on behalf of the team and came up with a superb try.

A world without Lockyer is looking increasingly frightening. It's a hell of a long shot, but his performance in the Four Nations might sway him to have one more season. He is still playing some outstanding football as displayed last week.

When we fell, we fell hard, and we also fell into the same old predictable result as a result of losing Lockyer; Errors, Penalties, oblivious when in possession.

Very concerned indeed.

Last edited by a moderator:

broncos2010

Juniors
Proven time and time over again when locky is out that wallace can not lead the line.

Yes he can tackle but he sure does not have the kicking game or the passing game or creativity to be the number 1 play maker.

Couple kicks he did today to the corners where shocking and running across the line with 10 dummys with no progress.

I am not being a negative I am just seeing what I guess most of you guys see as well as a issue.

blaza88z

Coach
You're being a bit harsh mate, we had a back rower playing in a vital position, give Norman/Hunt a full pre-season with a bit of confidence from the coach, see what happens.

We played a gut busting game not even a week ago, you got to remember the bulk of the team are young guys, Copeley cost us at least 12 points (causing Reed to bomb a try and then giving away a try moments later), the boys have been good all season long, we did outstandingly well to be where we are.

Look at the positives, we've unveiled a really good coach, we've unveiled some really high potential kids and looking forward we will get Petero next season, our front row will be very very good with Hannant/Petero/McGuire

Goddy

Juniors
You're being a bit harsh mate, we had a back rower playing in a vital position, give Norman/Hunt a full pre-season with a bit of confidence from the coach, see what happens.

We played a gut busting game not even a week ago, you got to remember the bulk of the team are young guys, Copeley cost us at least 12 points (causing Reed to bomb a try and then giving away a try moments later), the boys have been good all season long, we did outstandingly well to be where we are.

Look at the positives, we've unveiled a really good coach, we've unveiled some really high potential kids and looking forward we will get Petero next season, our front row will be very very good with Hannant/Petero/McGuire

Blaza, mate, I have thought about all this; Front rowers may help us win games but the Sharks under Stewart proved that games are won by your Halves, and I have very little faith in Wallace.

beads6

First Grade
Should have played a half at 6. That said we were raped by the ref in first 10 mins with 2 early tries on us we never stood a chance of fighting back with one less attacking option.

haynenation

Juniors
Broncos wont be as good next year but still can be a good side.

Add Civoniceva to the front row and hoffman to the back and its a completely different side to tonight, as well as whoever ends up in the six.

Dont forget we were also playing the soon to be premiers who in my opinion, from a neutral stand point, also had everything go for them.

We also had a few instances (The copley/reed fiasco, the gillet held up, the last break at the end with copley etc we didnt finish on), that had it been another day we may have scored all 3 etc, plus we gifted them a try.

Take the best player out of any side and theyll be weaker, but Brisbane should be in the finals next year.

Nerd

Bench
Wallace should take someone with him to the line and either pass or take the line on himself.

He should leave the rest to a decent half...

Snappy

Coach
We were just flat tonight and havent played that bad since the loss to Penrith mid season.

Sure Locky would have helped, but still dont think we would have won. We had absolutly no go forward at all, and lost the battle in the middle big time.

Yes we will miss Locky big time, but its not all doom and gloom.

Goddy

Juniors
Does anyone know of any decent 5/8ths that are out of contract at the end of this season? I would go out on a limb and say Gillett can't cut the mustard, at least as opposed to any other experienced first grader.

We have Lockyers salary to throw around, better spend it wisely.

AceAv

Juniors
I put this game down to rd 26, if griff rested players like Bellamy Hoffman and Lockyer may well e been in this game.

I wish gaigauy got the call up still. Copley cost us 12 points that would have made all the difference. But it wasn't meant to be

Mr Fourex

Bench
Sam Thaiday is not Captain material, and he sure as hell isn't as commanding as Locky. Petero is the only man I can think of who is anywhere near worthy to take the role.

A couple of things worried me about Thaiday and his new role as the side's skipper.

a) Had his head down after Manly scored on more than one occasion

b) His sit down at the end of the game......I hope he eventually stood up and shook the Manly players hands. It wasn't a good look and it didn't inspire me

I think a lot of our players probably had their worst game of the year tonight........timing sure sucked.

Big Pete

Referee
Don't need any.

Stick with Hunt and Norman. If they don't show any promise, then look to import.

However, that's got to be a last resort.

AceAv

Juniors
I think Wallace started playing like a Half back a little more tonight. Things will be different next season. Were a well coached side and I'm confident the halves combo will synergize

Goddy

Juniors
I put this game down to rd 26, if griff rested players like Bellamy Hoffman and Lockyer may well e been in this game.

I wish gaigauy got the call up still. Copley cost us 12 points that would have made all the difference. But it wasn't meant to be

Resting Lockyer in Round 26 wouldn't have prevented Beale from kneeing him in the face.

AuDragon

Juniors
Tonight's display from Wallace was very similar to Locky's effort in 2009, when he had a backrower in the halves next to him, after Wallace's injury...

I'm not going to lay the boot on him, especially since our left side was the only one which seemed to have any direction tonight.
Sometimes the right side looked like a bunch of headless chickens running around with no clue... :?

Latest posts