What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brisbane Broncos Signings 2010

Big Pete

Referee
Michaels Released By Broncos
Trad McLean
Bronco Media

28/05/2010 9:10:10 AM

The WOW Brisbane Broncos have today agreed to release Steven Michaels from his 2010-11 contract before the June 30 registration deadline.
The decision allows him to take up a new contract with the Gold Coast Titans that is effective until 2012.
“It is disappointing to let Steve go but we recognise this does present him with a better opportunity than perhaps if he would have stayed with us,” said Broncos chief executive Bruno Cullen.
“He has been a terrific club man even while he has been severely hampered by injury over the past couple of years.
“The Broncos wish Steve all the best of the luck with his continuing career.”
Michaels said he left the Broncos pleased with his efforts but full of hope for the future.
“I have enjoyed my time at the Broncos, but having played little NRL in recent times I saw a greater opportunity to further my career with this deal,” he said.
Michaels made his debut for the Broncos in round 14 of the 2005 season and has played 59 NRL games, scoring 22 tries.

http://www.broncos.com.au/default.aspx?s=article-display&id=26150

beads6

First Grade
Shame we don't get to see him develop into a better player. Not a really big lose to the Broncos IMO.

Smiley

Bench
Don't know if its was mentioned but Hoffman signed for another 2 more years about a week ago.

hellteam

First Grade
Folau has gone apparently according to Fox Sports 513.... gonna announce it tomorrow.

So annoying, Sailor/Tuqiri leave us to go to Rugby, Hunt/Folau go to AFL. Why is it always Broncos?!

Looks like we will have a sh*tload of money next year then, especially with the raise in the cap as well.

We have to sign Inglis or Slater I reckon.

screeder

Juniors
Folau has gone apparently according to Fox Sports 513.... gonna announce it tomorrow.

So annoying, Sailor/Tuqiri leave us to go to Rugby, Hunt/Folau go to AFL. Why is it always Broncos?!

Looks like we will have a sh*tload of money next year then, especially with the raise in the cap as well.

We have to sign Inglis or Slater I reckon.

There's no raise in the cap next year. Maybe 2013

hellteam

First Grade
Ah alright sorry didn't really read enough into it, well we should have a lot of money at any rate.

screeder

Juniors
If Folau and Setu leave we'll have nearly 1 mil.

300k existing(inc. PJ Marsh) + 400k Folau + 200k Setu

hellteam

First Grade
Well we bought Hannant so that's a fair chunk gone, don't have a good feeling bout Hannant actually, he'll cost a lot and I think we could have got someone like Tolman who will be as good, if not better in a few years for much less.

icewind

Juniors
Well we bought Hannant so that's a fair chunk gone, don't have a good feeling bout Hannant actually, he'll cost a lot and I think we could have got someone like Tolman who will be as good, if not better in a few years for much less.

Hannant apparently signed for 1.4 over 4 years, or $350/year. Bargain imo.