What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brisbane Broncos withdraw their offer to sign Melbourne Storm star Greg inglis

mrpwnd

Bench
How the f**k does any club manage to sign a player for 2 million/2 years?
I thought we had the most cap space left out of every club so far.
Even 3 years would be pushing it.

Jodeci

Bench
But I bet if we signed him, people here would whinge about his off field antics and still wouldn't be happy.

Gronk

Staff member
We we'll see how good he is in a team with crap service to the backs.

Jodeci

Bench
We we'll see how good he is in a team with crap service to the backs.

Im not saying they will win the comp.

I'm saying that he was 'on the market' and I bet if we signed, supporters would of whinged and say why did we sign him, etc

How they structure him into their plans will be interesting but he is a quality player

The "system" that is being run makes me laugh.

Souths had no more $ under the cap 2 months ago, and now, like magic, they can fit one of the top 3 players in the comp, into their team.

No wonder so many of us are becoming disenchanted with the game. No wonder people lose interest. Why would you be interested when you team is up against it from the start?

I suppose nothing changes. Moanly & Easts were doing it for years - just not as blindly obvious as the bullsh*t that is going on now.

Over it.

Eels Dude

Coach

I'm saying that he was 'on the market' and I bet if we signed, supporters would of whinged and say why did we sign him, etc

How they structure him into their plans will be interesting but he is a quality player

I'm also interested. Inglis turns up for a few games a year at club level. When's he on he's on, but he's the kind of player who relies on great service rather thasn instinctly brilliant on his own. I think he may struggle playing outside a weak halves combo.

parra pete

Referee
The "system" that is being run makes me laugh.

Souths had no more $ under the cap 2 months ago, and now, like magic, they can fit one of the top 3 players in the comp, into their team.

No wonder so many of us are becoming disenchanted with the game. No wonder people lose interest. Why would you be interested when you team is up against it from the start?

I suppose nothing changes. Moanly & Easts were doing it for years - just not as blindly obvious as the bullsh*t that is going on now.

Over it.

Me too....Not just OVER IT...REALLY OVER IT.....
Join the Club of the disillusioned. The NRL is becoming a bloody joke. How can you follow a Club these days with the same passion of previous years. Blokes you cheer this season, you are booing the next..Contracts mean sfa, Handshakes no longer have any meaning..
You are better off going and supporting your local Club (or pub side) side...I support the local boys and I know they are having a red hot go for their Club and their community. I derive much more satisfaction out of that these days.
It is more personal, and you are not made to feel like a pawn in a huge game of chess....

his contract will be heavily backloaded we are squealing now it will be the souths fans turn in 2013 when they have to offload half the team to keep him

strider

Post Whore
i think i heard somewhere that his contract will be heavily back loaded ... not sure where :-k

Joshuatheeel

Staff member

They should play him at fullback and give him a free rein. He is wasted at centre. He needs to see the ball a lot more

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
I'm also interested. Inglis turns up for a few games a year at club level. When's he on he's on, but he's the kind of player who relies on great service rather thasn instinctly brilliant on his own. I think he may struggle playing outside a weak halves combo.

not if he plays fullback, he would be forced to get involved and take a more leadership role within the side