What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brisbane Double Header?

Bodsy

Juniors
Talks of a possible double header in July, two days after State of Origin.

Two games to be played on a friday night, one at 6:30 the other at 8:30

Broncos vs Rabbitohs and Bulldogs vs Titans.

I hope they go through with it.

MrBubbles

Juniors
Talks of a possible double header in July, two days after State of Origin.

Two games to be played on a friday night, one at 6:30 the other at 8:30

Broncos vs Rabbitohs and Bulldogs vs Titans.

I hope they go through with it.
Double header in QLD? Everyone in Qld has two head?

Please Explain?

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I love how the Tele exclusively reveal this, despite the fact the Bulldogs game was announced as a Suncorp game back in January. The scheduling was always going to aim for a double header. I'd personally prefer a Sunday quad-header where they play both Toyota matches before each match to allow the ebb and flow of fans from each game:

1pm Toyota Dogs/Tits
3pm Dogs/Tits
5:30 Toyota Broncos/Souffs
7:30 Broncos/Souffs

Timmah

Staff member
No idea why they don't play more double headers at the cavern in Homebush.

They did it last year with us and the Tigers... I imagine there's probably one on the cards in Round 25 when we play NZ and Souffs face Saints on the same weekend.

hellteam

First Grade
I love how the Tele exclusively reveal this, despite the fact the Bulldogs game was announced as a Suncorp game back in January. The scheduling was always going to aim for a double header. I'd personally prefer a Sunday quad-header where they play both Toyota matches before each match to allow the ebb and flow of fans from each game:

1pm Toyota Dogs/Tits
3pm Dogs/Tits
5:30 Toyota Broncos/Souffs
7:30 Broncos/Souffs

Nahhh I doubt they'd do that I'd say Toyota Cup should be at 1 and 3. I wouldnt want to have to watch a Toyota Cup game in between the two NRL games I would rather just be there for them.

I hope they do this as well cause I would definitely be there.

Timmah

Staff member
I reckon lots of people would like the Sunday idea yeah.

Although the only reason I put forward my idea hellteam is so that Nine can have their news and still show two games.

mattyg

Bench
i like the friday night idea...coz im going up to qld for origin 3 with my dad who goes to souths and we're staying the weekend. I go for bulldogs, but we were actually gonna avoid all the club games on the weekend as we wanted to do other stuff than 3 footy games in the 5 days we're gonna be up there. Weds/Origin and Fri/Double Header would be awesome...would give us Thursday Night and Saturday Night

dragonfire

Bench
not being a fan of either team i would wanna go for two nrl games back to back, though suncorp is close to full house most of the time anyways

Timmah

Staff member
not being a fan of either team i would wanna go for two nrl games back to back, though suncorp is close to full house most of the time anyways

Like yesterday when it was only 52% full? :sarcasm:

Timmah

Staff member
I think this is better off on a Saturday or Sunday, especially seeing as the Titans have the Monday night game the week before.

Good point. If history's anything to go by, can't be a Friday game. Although if they want to do that, I won't complain :sarcasm:

Jason Maher

Immortal
Brilliant idea, and there should be more Sydney double headers on a Friday or Saturday night. Bring back the round 1 double header for a start (although I understand the Broncos-Cowboys match probably prevents this these days). Make proper use of the massive stadium we have.

Dogs Of War

Coach
No idea why they don't play more double headers at the cavern in Homebush.

Agree. Dogs and Souths should work on it, as they could probably get there 2 poorest drawing games into the double header, and draw a decent crowd (games against the Warriors/Raiders/Cowboys/Melbourne).

Bodsy

Juniors
I am heading up there if it's confirmed, which it should be confirmed tomorrow.

Could be the top 4 teams by then ;)

Hass

Juniors
I think the best thing to do in Sydney would be to have a Double Header at Homebush on the first Saturday (or Sunday) of each month.

The idea is to make it a regular thing. Get people into a routine. Talk to CityRail and the bus companies about having special event services/timetables on that first Saturday of the month all the time.

Make it an event. Sell super passes for all six nights, or a pass that gets you into all nights when your club is playing. Perhaps this will pave the way for people to upgrade membership down the track.

The important thing is to get some atmosphere into Homebush - do that and more people will be more likely to come back.

parano1a

Juniors
Agree. Dogs and Souths should work on it, as they could probably get there 2 poorest drawing games into the double header, and draw a decent crowd (games against the Warriors/Raiders/Cowboys/Melbourne).

As long as its not on a Friday night. Great promotion for the code having Storm involved in a double header that airs at 12am and 2am in direct competition with P.Diddy spruiking proactiv solution pimple cream.