What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brisbane Jets

I hope this is all for laughs....... Joh was a demagogue with strong authoritarian desires, not someone to celebrate. Sure he did some good but he did a lot of shit things too. Plus I don’t think anyone under 35 would even know who he is- you seem like a rarity that has some idea of history.

Also, no need to do anything with the Titans- they have it right. Everyone forgets how much merch was out there for our first few years- our fall came from the original owners f**king over the community for the Centre of Excellence, then the slide in form looking for a quick fix. Watch the crowds come back once some more sustained on field success comes with the new team.
Joh definitely had his bad points. What I liked about him was his vision and the fact he was a country boy who worked his way from the ground up. He wanted to build a world trade centre at South Bank and the tallest building in the world. Things got done when he was around. We haven't built a dam in this country in 30 years.

Titans are due for a logo change. If they were to use a full body version of the crab-like gladiator mascot they have at their games it would suit the team better, as he looks like a mythical sea creature that kids would like.
17EC44E3-010C-4EB2-86C8-6CCB2353277B.jpeg

Last edited:

MugaB

Coach
Joh definitely had his bad points. What I liked about him was his vision and the fact he was a country boy who worked his way from the ground up. He wanted to build a world trade centre at South Bank and the tallest building in the world. Things got done when he was around. We haven't built a dam in this country in 30 years.

Titans are due for a logo change. If they were to use a full body version of the crab-like gladiator mascot they have at their games it would suit the team better, as he looks like a mythical sea creature that kids would like.
View attachment 47359
A giant Blue Swimmer Crab or
THE KRAKEN!

yeah a Titan isn't a roman or greek soldier, its a general term for the giant monsters like a dragon, kraken, golem, hydra or cerebus and many more, all these mythical creatures were called titans and were the "gods" rivals, so if we follow stories of Perceus or Hercules, Melbourne Storm would be the Zeus/God represented club, up against the Kraken/Monters/Titans of Gold Coast...
Its like calling a team the Sentinels, but instead of a Towering Robot, the logo is a terminator like half man/half machine

Last edited:

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
A giant Blue Swimmer Crab or
THE KRAKEN!

yeah a Titan isn't a roman or greek soldier, its a general term for the giant monsters like a dragon, kraken, golem, hydra or cerebus and many more, all these mythical creatures were called titans and were the "gods" rivals, so if we follow stories of Perceus or Hercules, Melbourne Storm would be the Zeus/God represented club, up against the Kraken/Monters/Titans of Gold Coast...
Its like calling a team the Sentinels, but instead of a Towering Robot, the logo is a terminator like half man/half machine

Yep, i think the Titans definitely need a soft reboot for their logo.

Sea monster definitely works (“Titan” meaning “big scary thing”), but it would be a huge jump and maybe too hard to justify.

In smaller jump would be too keep the humanoid and just make it relevant. Maybe a Sun God / Ocean God

orig.jpg

latest

Something like this against the GC skyline/sunset would be great. And from there, build on the idea with merch crap (tridants, crown beanies, ect)...

Last edited:

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
^^^^^^

An aside, i always thought the Titans should have used a 7-point star somewhere (in the logo or as the badge outline)

1200px-Commonwealth_Star.svg.png

It would be a lovely subtle claim to being the “Patriotic” team, the “Australian” team

MugaB

Coach
I saw you post this previously

Yep, i think the Titans definitely need a soft reboot for their logo.

Sea monster definitely works (“Titan” meaning “big scary thing”), but it would be a huge jump and maybe too hard to justify.

In smaller jump would be too keep the humanoid and just make it relevant. Maybe a Sun God / Ocean God

orig.jpg

latest

Something like this against the GC skyline/sunset would be great. And from there, build on the idea with merch crap (tridants, crown beanies, ect)...
Im not sure you read my previous post correctly, gods vs titans, titans are NOT gods, they are the enemy of the gods, even an ocean god

ReddFelon

Juniors
Im not sure you read my previous post correctly, gods vs titans, titans are NOT gods, they are the enemy of the gods, even an ocean god

Incorrect. The Titans in Ancient Greece were the Gods who preceded the Olympians. Zeus father Cronos was king of the Titans.

Santino Patane

Juniors
Nope, they were giants, monsters, even kronos was regarded as one
View attachment 47372
The Titans in Greek mythology were the generation of beings prior to the “Olympian Gods” that ruled the Cosmos. The Olympian Gods (Zeus, Poseidon, Hera etc) were literally the offspring of the Titans. So on this explanation of the Titans, I think it is logical to consider them “Gods”

MugaB

Coach
The Titans in Greek mythology were the generation of beings prior to the “Olympian Gods” that ruled the Cosmos. The Olympian Gods (Zeus, Poseidon, Hera etc) were literally the offspring of the Titans. So on this explanation of the Titans, I think it is logical to consider them “Gods”
Its the whole human vs mutant (x-men)
Issue, no one can prove or disprove, what the titans actually looked like other that they were giants, kronos offspring could have been smaller than giants, but still larger than the average human, thus still being considered god like. Most movie depictions of both gods and titans show this too, not that thats evidence of course, (im going off hercules, and wrath/clash of the titans)

Last edited:

Santino Patane

Juniors
Its the whole human vs mutant (x-men)
Issue, no one can prove or disprove, what the titans actually looked like other that they were giants, kronos offspring could have been smaller than giants, but still larger than the average human, thus still being considered god like. Most movie depictions of both gods and titans show this too, not that thats evidence of course, (im going off hercules, and wrath/clash of the titans)
I’m using a deep understanding of the Classics, not Hollywood.

MugaB

Coach
I’m using a deep understanding of the Classics, not Hollywood.
Thats also subjective,... should we make the logo a picture of Denzel Washington as he was the coach in the "Remember the Titans movie"
:rofl:

Whats deemed a "classic"

Kids growing up now think that Iron man is real, and that star wars is in a galaxy far far away..... it could be for all i know

Santino Patane

Juniors
Thats also subjective,... should we make the logo a picture of Denzel Washington as he was the coach in the "Remember the Titans movie"
:rofl:

Whats deemed a "classic"

Kids growing up now think that Iron man is real, and that star wars is in a galaxy far far away..... it could be for all i know

upload_2021-4-8_21-51-30.png

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade

I understood your point. But i think this is a debate between technical accuracy and broad community awareness.

Does the average Australian know (or care) that the Ancient Greeks used the word "Titan" to discribe mythical monsters? There is definately space for the club to "build awareness", but at that point the club would be better creating their own story.

I think the majority of people inagine Titan to mean "Mythical warrior gods" (which is a good place to stat with branding). Keep the humanoid logo and just make it relevant to GC local culture (beach stuff obviously) with a Sun God / Ocean God imagery.

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
Already did this last year, i even sent to them to use it if they so pleased for a old boys day or promotional usage, whatever they pleased, they replied with thank you and they might do in future
View attachment 47354

I incorporated the Giant, with a titans style helmet, added a few seagulls in the background to show depth, and a city in front to build the giants scale, then had the giant holding a bolt to pay homage to the chargers

Yeh, i remember seeing this a while ago.

I never noticed the seagull (Tweed) or the lightning bolt (chargers). VERY nice touch.

Latest posts