What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brisbane Jets

Smiley

Bench
they’ll be paying in a national dump, not just in Queensland lol

It’s easy to switch colours when your a team has little to no history (West Coast Pirates) but the Dolphins have played in red and white for over 70 years.

There are plenty of examples of teams in the same competition with the same colours. That is why they invented clash jerseys.

flippikat

Bench
It’s easy to switch colours when your a team has little to no history (West Coast Pirates) but the Dolphins have played in red and white for over 70 years.

There are plenty of examples of teams in the same competition with the same colours. That is why they invented clash jerseys.

Pretty sure the Dolphins have said they'll add a third colour (to be confirmed) to their NRL team jersey, if selected.

Makes sense to distinguish themselves a little more from the Dragons & have another point of difference from the Qld Cup team.

[EDIT] From the look of their bid merchandise it looks like they're adding 2 colours - black and a little bit of gold. I honestly would have gone with black and silver, but ah well...

It's just taking a trick from Port Adelaide adding teal for their top tier AFL team.

Last edited:

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
Boring navy again...please no more I'm becoming blinded by the amount of navy in our game, plus the raiders are trying to gain that colour scheme too but the bottle green is a good start, ipswich should be heavily pushed if they want to win this bid, ipswich colors, ipswich mascot, ipswich juniors, ipswich training base, keep on trucking with Ipswich, but just remember to call yourself Brisbane and play at Suncorp!
I'd have gone with Western City Jets,
Much like WSW or GWS in Sydney, but a suppose "city" needs definition, to the casual viewer

I like the idea, if the Jets or Dolphins get the nod, I would go with SEQ Jets or SEQ Dolphins. It differentiates them from 'Brisbane' Broncos, it allows them to represent their heritage (Redcliffe and Ipswich are both in South-East QLD) whilst also branching out. It also runs along the WSW and GWS lines like you point out.

Last edited:

flippikat

Bench
I like the idea, if the Jets or Dolphins get the not, I would go with SEQ Jets or SEQ Dolphins. It differentiates them from 'Brisbane' Broncos, it allows them to represent their heritage (Redcliffe and Ipswich are both in South-East QLD) whilst also branching out. It also runs along the WSW and GWS lines like you point out.

If the Dolphins or Jets use South Queensland Dolphins or South Queensland Jets, they may also consider using the old Crushers jersey in Dolphins or Jets colours as a heritage design.. as a tip of the hat to the original "2nd Brisbane team".

You know, like how the Titans used a butcher-striped Gold Coast Seagulls design in Titans colours as a heritage jersey.

If the Dolphins or Jets use South Queensland Dolphins or South Queensland Jets, they may also consider using the old Crushers jersey in Dolphins or Jets colours as a heritage design.. as a tip of the hat to the original "2nd Brisbane team".

You know, like how the Titans used a butcher-striped Gold Coast Seagulls design in Titans colours as a heritage jersey.
Redcliffe used a jersey like this from the mid 90s through to the mid 00s.

flippikat

Bench
Hate the logo, no need for another team with blue/navy, don’t really like the shade of green. Even just for a bid logo, I don’t like it

I think the main colours appear to be green & silver, with navy & white secondary to that (trim?).

So I guess if the Dolphins bid is going for a San Francisco 49ers-style palatte, this Brisbane Jets bid may be akin to the New York Jets.. for colours anyway.

The Great Dane

First Grade
You know, red and black, yellow and black, green and yellow, etc, etc, all some of the greatest colour schemes in the sports industry are unclaimed in the NRL, yet every team seems insistent on having bloody blue as a major colour in their colour scheme.

Honestly I think we're at the point where the NRL needs to step in and approve clubs (new and old) branding decisions before they make them, and they need to force some of the clubs to move away from blue.

MugaB

Coach
You know, red and black, yellow and black, green and yellow, etc, etc, all some of the greatest colour schemes in the sports industry are unclaimed in the NRL, yet every team seems insistent on having bloody blue as a major colour in their colour scheme.

Honestly I think we're at the point where the NRL needs to step in and approve clubs (new and old) branding decisions before they make them, and they need to force some of the clubs to move away from blue.
Auckland warriors reverted back to their blue a few years ago, which i approve, and this Jets Bid seems to only use it as a trim, looks like Silver and Green is the main, which i like, not sure if the NYJETS will have issue, but i think they are just green and white.
Instread of navy tho, probably a royal "Newtown" blue would be a cool idea,
If they are indead looking to feed them.

Looks like the promise of an orange team isn't happening, as i don't see easts tigers getting a look in

T-Boon

Coach
I say which ever of the 2 bids (Dolphins or Jets) loses they should get offered the Perth license. Maybe with a couple home games in Brisbane.
Western Jets sounds good to me.

flippikat

Bench
Instread of navy tho, probably a royal "Newtown" blue would be a cool idea,
If they are indead looking to feed them.

Looks like the promise of an orange team isn't happening, as i don't see easts tigers getting a look in

I think a royal blue would be getting a bit closer to the Warriors, so the Jets bid maybe settled the combination they have to avoid matching all the other teams.

The Warriors are mostly royal blue, with green & white 2nd colours - so avoided overlap there.
The Rabbitohs have a green & red with black trim shirt, so the Jets use navy instead of black as trim, and have grey which isn't in the Rabbitohs colours.

The closest to colliding with another team's look is the Raiders - especially the controversial new jersey this year, with navy & silver in the trim... but the Jets look like they're going for more silver AND a darker green, so should be OK- especially if public pressure forces the Raiders back to a more traditional look by 2023. To be honest, it looks like that's being felt already with the Raiders getting a lot of use out of their "Heritage" design.

Zoe Palmer

Juniors
This may have been discussed previously but why not an association with the Newtown Jets
The Brisbane Jets could use them as a feeder club in the same way the storm uses their QLD team as a feeder or Roosters use the Bears
Surely everyone would like to see the old Jets logo back in the NRL

Santino Patane

Juniors
This may have been discussed previously but why not an association with the Newtown Jets
The Brisbane Jets could use them as a feeder club in the same way the storm uses their QLD team as a feeder or Roosters use the Bears
Why would a Brisbane team that is linked through the Ipswich team need or want a feeder club in NSW? This idea is completely going against growing the game in Queensland. That’s a no try for me.

Didn't the NSWRL kick up a stink about dual registrations a few years back?