What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brisbane v Melbourne

In-goal

Bench
From watching the today show t his morning they have tipped the game for the weekend as a sellout or near sellout with over 40,000 tickets being sold before 9am this morning(Friday)

Quite an achievment considering the Broncos slump and Melbourne being the team that alot of people want gone from our competition.

Melbourne have once again proved this season that it's a huge benefit playing out of the spotlight week in week out and Brisbane the SOO hangover is once again paramount in everyone's eyes.

Sir Biffo

Bench
Its still 1 vs 3. No matter how bad the Broncs have been over the last few weeks, to use Stuart Raper's favourite expression, they must have done something right to get to 3rd!

I reckon it will be a good game, and if the Storm are going to drop a game in the rest of the regular season, it will be this one.

axl rose

Bench
With over half of Brisbane (or more) having a dislike for the Broncos the ticket sales dont surprise me at all. I am turning up hoping for a 50 nil massacre to the Strom. After a week of turmoil though teams normally put in a good performance. Bellamy being a former puppet of Bennett may rest players as well.

Big Pete

Referee
Ekka week? I doubt that does anything but hurt ticket sales.

Good effort if true and I can't wait. Storm would generate a good crowd, them being a top team and having a ton of QLD talent.

Mr Saab

Referee
This game could be ugly if you are a broncos supporter. The bronx will come out hard, but will then came back to the field.

Stonecutter

First Grade
Sir Biffo said:
Its still 1 vs 3. No matter how bad the Broncs have been over the last few weeks, to use Stuart Raper's favourite expression, they must have done something right to get to 3rd!

I reckon it will be a good game, and if the Storm are going to drop a game in the rest of the regular season, it will be this one.

:lol: Raper truelly is the joke of the NRL.

IMO the Storm will do a number on the Broncos this week.

t-ba

Post Whore
Big Pete said:
Ekka week? I doubt that does anything but hurt ticket sales.

Good effort if true and I can't wait. Storm would generate a good crowd, them being a top team and having a ton of QLD talent.

There's a few thousand Rustics in town ;-)

In-goal said:
From watching the today show t his morning they have tipped the game for the weekend as a sellout or near sellout with over 40,000 tickets being sold before 9am this morning(Friday)

Quite an achievment considering the Broncos slump and Melbourne being the team that alot of people want gone from our competition.

Melbourne have once again proved this season that it's a huge benefit playing out of the spotlight week in week out and Brisbane the SOO hangover is once again paramount in everyone's eyes.

Melbourne being the team a lot of people want gone from our comp ??...wake up and get over it !!.:roll:

Mr. Fahrenheit

Referee
kia ora, he is on your (our) side, he was saying how although ppl want them gone, they still draw crowds (well that wsa my interpretation anyway)

make NO mistakes, brisbane will lose, i have no faith in them whatsoever, not after the last few years where EVERY game in the slump i was in the mindset they'd snap out of it, they wont, mark my words :(

mattyg

Bench
wow sunday could draw about 100,000 fans all up if we get lucky. I been hearing that apparently 30,000 tickets have been sold to the dogs game and 40,000 to the broncos game...not to mention the tigers game which could come close to selling out. if that is the case my predictions are:

Broncos vs Storm - 45,000
Bulldogs vs Dragons - 40,000

Surandy

Bench
In-goal said:

In-goal, the game is being played in Brisbane, the people that want Melbourne gone from the comp are all in Sydney.

no.2_lukeburt said:
kia ora, he is on your (our) side, he was saying how although ppl want them gone, they still draw crowds (well that wsa my interpretation anyway)

Hope you are right ??...:cool:

pantherz9103

First Grade
I don't want Melbourne gone from the comp. How could a team that is 6 points clear of the ladder deserve punting? so what if the crowds aren't great (but they have been improving). What about the crowds of some sydney teams. Do people want Penrith gone from the comp? because our crowds have gone down :roll:

mattyg said:
wow sunday could draw about 100,000 fans all up if we get lucky. I been hearing that apparently 30,000 tickets have been sold to the dogs game and 40,000 to the broncos game...not to mention the tigers game which could come close to selling out. if that is the case my predictions are:

Broncos vs Storm - 45,000
Bulldogs vs Dragons - 40,000

why is it that normally no-one goes to watch the games live? ive seen some games at aussie stadium and telstra stadium this year that have had less than 10,000 spectators?

good to see more fans going along this week with crowds of 40k+.....big crowds create better atmospheres, excellent crowd last night in melb for 6th vs 16th (62,000) just a shame about the result