What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brisbane2 Bid News

Which Brisbane2 Team Name?

• Total voters

Lockyer4President!

First Grade
The promoter is (jointly and severally where applicable) Brisbane NRL Expansion Bid (ACN 147 928 783) trading as:

BB RUGBY LEAGUE FOOTBALL CLUB PTY LTD.

So I guess they wanted the alliteration in the name right from the beginning… Not a fan at all, it’s just copying the Broncos.

Special K

Coach
Brisbane - Buccaneers
South QLD - Rogues
Are the only ones I really like.

Buccaneers could be cool if they had their own ground and stole the nfl teams idea

Raymond-James-Stadium-TampaBayCo.jpg

Having a pirateship where fans can sit in - winning! All you need is Jamal Idris to do his tv show and watch the kids pick them :sarcasm:

South QLD Rogues does sound pretty good though but who in their marketing team came up with it?

rogue (r
omacr.gif
g)n.1. An unprincipled, deceitful, and unreliable person; a scoundrel or rascal.
2. One who is playfully mischievous; a scamp.
3. A wandering beggar; a vagrant.
4. A vicious and solitary animal, especially an elephant that has separated itself from its herd.
5. An organism, especially a plant, that shows an undesirable variation from a standard.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/rogue

Wandering beggar... Maybe the sharkies can merge with this team?!

Packy

Bench
I think the Eastern woudl come from the fact that this team will have links with Easts in QLD Cup.

sheepbender

Juniors
Wow, what a let down…

edit: I just don’t get it. Why on earth would you limit yourselves to the Brisbane B-whatevers. It’s just copying exactly what the Broncos are.

Rivercity Kookaburras is not bad but I thought the entire point of this bid was to be called Brisbane… Also what’s a Bayliner?

Apparently a Bayliner is a boat manufacturing brand, so I assume theyve chosen it for Brisbanes love of the water, but really cant see it being chosen..

Perth Tiger

Bench
Agree with this, our teams names need to be more Australian unless of course where there is a historical connection e.g. WA Reds and Central Coast Bears.

What can be more Australian than a Red kangaroo which is where the 'Reds' comes from.

But I agree there are still a ton of Australian names that are not used for sporting teams ie Dingos, wombats, kookaburras, pythons, stingrays, platypus etc all could either be fierce for a mascot or cutesy to attract kids.

But hopefully they will be the only Qld team without a copied american mascot

Lame. None of them are much good. Buccaneers is probably the best and still not that brilliant. The "Eastern" and "Rivercity" names are strange. Neither represents the team at all. It has to be either Brisbane or Sth Qld. What I find strange is that they are linking the first name with the nickname. I don't mind Kookaburras, but not Eastern Kookaburras. Maybe Brisbane Kookaburras would be fine but there doesn't appear to be an option to mix and match the names.

KiamaSaint

Coach
Brisbane Bushrangers - and yes I know that is the name of the Victorian Cricket side but who cares. If they called themselves the Kookaburras who would manufacture their jersey?

Latest posts