What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brisbane2 Bid News

Which Brisbane2 Team Name?

• Total voters

Frailty

First Grade
I would like to see Crushers... But I don't think that would ever happen.

Why not Brisbane RLFC?
Yes I am taking the piss

Frailty

First Grade
How is this for a logo:
304464_1_S.jpg

That's better than:
EDIT: Whoops side banner...

EDIT II:
27536_114395645244024_4931_n.jpg

I think we should stay away from the horse-related mascots. We already have Broncos and Cowboys. And I don't know why Brisbane would be associated with horses at all anyway.

As I have said previously, I like Brisbane Bucks because it uses the red deer on the Queensland coat of arms and it's a cool logo. But apparently that's too American for some reason.

smithie

Juniors
Wow, what a let down…

edit: I just don’t get it. Why on earth would you limit yourselves to the Brisbane B-whatevers. It’s just copying exactly what the Broncos are.

Rivercity Kookaburras is not bad but I thought the entire point of this bid was to be called Brisbane… Also what’s a Bayliner?

I agree. This is hugely disappointing. I think a bayliner is a boat.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Spartans is too similar to Titans, and Redcliffe has the rights to Dolphins, otherwise Gold Coast wouldve been called the Dolphins..

The fact they have it in the list would suggest a deal may be done?

Spartans v Titans has massive marketing potential imo!

most of Sydney teams mascots are similiar as they are animals, don't see the issue.

Titans is better than Spartans though because Titans also suggests size and strength, whereas Spartans is really just a Roman thing, which has no connection to Brisbane.

anjado

Juniors
To be honest i don't really like any of those names

Bombers is alright but you have Essedon

Brewers whilst its for Milwaukee would be good if they were sponsored by xxxx or bundy or any liquor establishment.

Buccaneers isn't bad

river city is pretty strange

Trying to think of other names

Brisbane Battalions
Brisbane Brigades
Brisbane Barrages
Brisbane Browns if they played in brown
Brisbane Blades

South Queensland Scorpians
South Queensland Stars

River City Rats
River City Renegades
River City Ravers

Timbo

Staff member
Well, why not revive the Crushers moniker? It's working for the Reds?

Also whatever happened to the 'Moreton Bay' name. Whilst of the options listed 'Brisbane Buccaneers' is the only one I'd go for, I think differentiating it from Brisbane by calling it one of Moreton Bay, South Queensland, River City or East Coast is pretty important.

Timbo

Staff member
Titans is better than Spartans though because Titans also suggests size and strength, whereas Spartans is really just a Roman thing, which has no connection to Brisbane.

Greek.

Which, incidently, is the exact same place that the Titans originated.

Pierced Soul

First Grade
Also what’s a Bayliner?

like a binliner but for bays.....

what about the floods or is that too soon?

some of those are terrible and shouldnt even make a shortlist. just cos you brainstormed ideas doesnt mean you have to tell eveyone what they were.

I'd like an aussie name ratehr than some yank name

go the stingers!!!

Latest posts