What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Broderick Gone

The Colonel

Immortal
1060k = 3 players at 380k. That's 3 top line players which would make an ENORMOUS difference.

3 topline players would be good but then you have the problem in regard to depth..... losing five or six players if not more means we need to be replacing them either from our lower grades or from outside the club. I'd rather us sign six or sven players with maybe one or two top line players with the money that is available.

You need to provide balance to any side and can't just expect that the juniors will fill the void. That was Hagan's mistake.

The Engineers Room

First Grade
We are struggling and no one wants to come here, so we will be forced to pay more on players. It is true that those four (Etu, Jono Wright, Latimore and Lewis) would be great to wrap up but there is no way that they would all sign for minimum contracts. You would be lucky to get them all for under $350K. Of the money that gets "freed up" usually some of it is used to upgrade contracts of fringe and younger players to keep them happy so they will stay.

I think the players that we need to look at are the players that signed for big money in the last 5 years and evaluate their contribution.

What we firstly need to do is look for a few metre gaining forwards, Poore is a good idea.

The younger guys will keep coming but you need them to have a leader that dominates the collision and gets over the ad line. I think Cayless has a role if he continues to use the ball as he has recently but we need another player that will hit the line hard and use footwork and power to get the advantage at the ruck.

Pazza

First Grade
we just need a new starting front row, juniours will fill the other gaps. move cayless to the #12 and mateo back to the #13 and our defense will be sweet.

I think we need Cayless in the front, actually. The wider we push him the less effective his ball playing will be and that's pretty much his best asset now.

btaag

Juniors
Manly have seemed to get away with signing one big name a year (up until they won the premiership), and I see merit in us doing this - get a core of elite players in. Easier said than done.