What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Broderick Gone

The P Eel

Juniors
That is incorrect,

I and a few other fans spoke with Brod at the Wenty game. Gave everyone the low down, I am not going to repeat it as I also spent time talking to his Mum about other things.

Disappointing for sure, but one of the things Brod said was it was a goal to come back.
Fair enough MITS - i did not speak to Brod nor did i spend time with his mum talking about other things. I was simply passing on information that was told to me at Ringrose on Sunday by a Parra "person".

Thanks for the good oil though MITS - shame to see him go.

salvy71

Juniors
Cordoba, Lowrie and Tautai would actually free up around 450K if im not mistakes. Sign someone like Bailey or Poore plus to lesser signing and you realise how bad our managment of players have been. None of those 3 players deserve over 100K but yet they all are played more than that.

Beautiful - if that's the case bye bye josh, Todd and Taulima .......

Nikki

Coach
You're kidding aren't ya ? lol

Lol.. I havent made up my mind yet. I mean, every year I have hope for Parra, and they let me down. I reckon as a Cronulla fan, you would go into every year knowing you suck. Wont hurt as much...

:lol::lol::lol:

But I do have a lot of faith in Brod. I have watched him since a 16 year old, and have seen his game develop and improve. I know of the hard work he puts in, and the dedication he has had to the Eels. He is a Parra Jnr Eel for crying out loud. Im sure he is leaving us with a heavy heart, but with the hope of one day coming back. And Im hoping, that he is a player that comes back and bites us in the arse, coz I'd love to just sit back and say "I told you so ;-)"

The Engineers Room

First Grade
Good luck to him. He has been our best front row prospect for a few years. Hopefully the club has made the right decision as I am sure they have kept money for Mannah and sacrificed Wright.

oldmancraigy

Coach
Good luck to him. He has been our best front row prospect for a few years. Hopefully the club has made the right decision as I am sure they have kept money for Mannah and sacrificed Wright.

I hope they've made the Wright decision too. :eek:

I just don't understand why we didn't offer Wright a deal at all? Some sort of minimum deal or something - he's without doubt better than Oake, and I would've thought perhaps Wright could have been coached to play in the back row?

But maybe not? End of the day is that he's currently an undersized prop who is a far less exciting prospect than Allgood and Johnson from the NYC team.

I hope they've made the Wright decision too. :eek:

I just don't understand why we didn't offer Wright a deal at all? Some sort of minimum deal or something - he's without doubt better than Oake, and I would've thought perhaps Wright could have been coached to play in the back row?

But maybe not? End of the day is that he's currently an undersized prop who is a far less exciting prospect than Allgood and Johnson from the NYC team.

Anderson obviously wants agressive meter eating props unlike the Cayless type of player. Wright doesn't meet Andersons standards. You can tell he is giving different players a shot to see wether he wants them or not.

So far Cordoba and Wright look gornskissss.

I still think Anderson rates Huaraki that is why he is perserving with him. Huaraki has improved in the last two games. Anderson might be the coach that takes Huaraki to the next level that we all know he should be at.

oldmancraigy

Coach
Anderson obviously wants agressive meter eating props unlike the Cayless type of player. Wright doesn't meet Andersons standards. You can tell he is giving different players a shot to see wether he wants them or not.

So far Cordoba and Wright look gornskissss.

I still think Anderson rates Huaraki that is why he is perserving with him. Huaraki has improved in the last two games. Anderson might be the coach that takes Huaraki to the next level that we all know he should be at.

Good point - I actually thought Hauraki had his best game in a long time against Brisbane.
Held the ball in 2 hands at times and looked to be aggressive in running it.

He's still got a ways to go before I'm sold on him though!

Agree on Cordoba and Wright - is Oake being given the extended game time to see if someone will take him off our hands? (his contract extends to the end of 2010) Or is it simply because he can play in the backrow as a worker?

Good point - I actually thought Hauraki had his best game in a long time against Brisbane.
Held the ball in 2 hands at times and looked to be aggressive in running it.

He's still got a ways to go before I'm sold on him though!

Agree on Cordoba and Wright - is Oake being given the extended game time to see if someone will take him off our hands? (his contract extends to the end of 2010) Or is it simply because he can play in the backrow as a worker?

Oake is a tough one, he has decent skill even though we have not seeen it yet. But his light weight frame is the problem. He can off load and pop a good ball. Just not strong enough as is with most of our forwards other than FUI. If we keep him he won't be on much.

oldmancraigy

Coach
Oake is a tough one, he has decent skill even though we have not seeen it yet. But his light weight frame is the problem. He can off load and pop a good ball. Just not strong enough as is with most of our forwards other than FUI. If we keep him he won't be on much.

He shouldn't be on much.

Problem is that he's on too much (thanks Hagan) and until the end of 2010.

He had that nice game against the Broncos, next thing you know his contract is being extended.

Like Weller, he's on the books until the end of 2010. So perhaps they keep getting selected in first grade so that they can be 'traded' away as soon as possible? If we got rid of them both it'd free up almost 200k for the off-season.

The Engineers Room

First Grade
He shouldn't be on much.

Problem is that he's on too much (thanks Hagan) and until the end of 2010.

He had that nice game against the Broncos, next thing you know his contract is being extended.

Like Weller, he's on the books until the end of 2010. So perhaps they keep getting selected in first grade so that they can be 'traded' away as soon as possible? If we got rid of them both it'd free up almost 200k for the off-season.

$200K doesn't go as far as you might think.

caylo

Bench
well 200K is 4 players on minimum contract, which is what Oake should be on max. Etu, Jono Wright, Latimore and Lewis could be wrapped up with 200K, better than having Oake and Hauraki.

We have alot of deadwood or unproven guys on too much money... half our team is probably getting about 50-100K too much money which could be used to attract better players.

eels_

Juniors
we can't keep 6 youngsters in the hope that 2 or 3 of them might be good... We need to be able to pick 2 or 3 of them and offload the rest... it's a gamble, but if keep signing young guys in minimun contracts, that all adds up to money out of our cap...

caylo

Bench
we can't keep 6 youngsters in the hope that 2 or 3 of them might be good... We need to be able to pick 2 or 3 of them and offload the rest... it's a gamble, but if keep signing young guys in minimun contracts, that all adds up to money out of our cap...

Well considering that only the top 25 count in the 4.1 million cap. The more players around 50K means more money to sign bigger name players
Also guys like mannah, paulo and hauraki will have better impact when they are around better players. If we can pick up 2 big game players then guys we will see the best out of Mannah and Paulo

oldmancraigy

Coach
$200K doesn't go as far as you might think.

How far do you think I think it goes :?

What I'm saying is that there are 2 fellows who should be getting 50k each on their form displayed thus far who are both getting 100k each until the end of next season.

If we managed to convince any other club that their 100k would be worth taking, it frees up 200k

Add that to the (roughly) 860k that we have to spend in the off-season (Assuming we don't renew several parties) and it makes 1060k.

1060k = 3 players at 380k. That's 3 top line players which would make an ENORMOUS difference.

200k makes a difference when you've got Lowrie, Tautai, Finch, Cordoba coming off the books.

mickdo

Coach
Going to be a very interesting market for next year, that's for sure. Depending on the UK tax situation, there may be a lot more players looking to come back to the NRL as well.

caylo

Bench
Going to be a very interesting market for next year, that's for sure. Depending on the UK tax situation, there may be a lot more players looking to come back to the NRL as well.

Jason Cayless is off contract aswel.. he is playing off the bench for St Helens thou