What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Broncos(AKA THE FILTH)vs Dragons

silverex

Bench
I'm there with the missus. We're in the 'away supporters' bay. This is our first trip to Suncorp and can't wait!

Flying up Saturday and back Monday morning.

Young1

Juniors
Nathan Brown won us nine strait against the filth
I think Bennetts record is 2 wins 2 losses
one thing Benett wont ever understand is our hatred of the broncos,and in particular how he started it all.Remember when he lied to his own players about what Brian Smith had said before the Grand final.I wish would try similar tricks before games against the Filth

Reddragon

Bench
Dragons are one of the best supported teams in Qld.
Not sure if they're all ex-NSWers, but there's lots of Dragon fans living in Qld.
That's why Broncos fans are always confused about the sea of red & white & whether it's a home game or not.

Rocket

Juniors
Plenty of loyal Dragons fans from the pre-Broncos days when a lot of QLD talent played in the red V.

In 1993 when the Broncos moved to ANZ stadium I was at the game with just shy of 60 thousand people and large parts of the crowd were red and white.

Although I still reckon Lang Park is the best rugby league ground in Australia so those going there for the first time you're in for a treat.

The Major

Bench
Ditto. Being a Sydney based fan, I'd have to categorically agree that Suncorp is the best stadium in the nrl to watch footy.

Mong

Post Whore
Any idea what jersey is being worn? The Broncos are wearing a special charity version of theirs, was wondering if it is something Saints are participating in also..

northernsaint

Juniors
Can hardly wait. the misses & i are driving up from the Mid North Coast. Havent been to Lang Park (as it was know then) since 1979 when our son played in Amco Shield. They did it tough as everybody was against them including 17/2 penalties, however it only maid their after game drinks tast better as we won 10-4 & went on to win the final played at Leichardt. Looking forward to the ground improvements & plenty of "Red & White". I agree this is important game, go saints.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Where is the army sitting?
Bay 317

But ticketek told me it has been sold out, along with all the lower tier seats.

I did some seats next tier up and close to the rail, in Bay 516 (which is pretty much above the Army).

dclayw

Juniors
Dragons are one of the best supported teams in Qld.
Not sure if they're all ex-NSWers, but there's lots of Dragon fans living in Qld.
That's why Broncos fans are always confused about the sea of red & white & whether it's a home game or not.
Ex-Sydney in my case. Been in Brisbane 20 years now and have missed only one dragons game up here in that time.

Used to get some great crowds at QE2 stadium as well but there is nothing like a dragons game at Suncorp. I'm sure we go close to outnumbering their fans sometimes, at least it looks that way.

What has made it so much sweeter over the years is that we usually win. Looking forward to a big game from the dragons this weekend.

I'll be high in the Western stand this time, different view of the game from up there but the good thing about Suncorp is there is not a bad seat in the house.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
I'm looking forward to it St Linnane. Be sure to shield your eyes. lol