What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Broncos and drugs, NRL investigating

Perth Red

Post Whore
If you take banned substances to "relax" you and help you deal with the after effects of game day nerves or anxiety, isn't it performance enhancing? Whose to say Johns would have played as well if he didn't have artificial means of dealing with the stress and adrenaline playing caused him?

Ultimately players know they can't do it, if they do then they deserve whatever befalls them.

salivor

First Grade
If you take banned substances to "relax" you and help you deal with the after effects of game day nerves or anxiety, isn't it performance enhancing? Whose to say Johns would have played as well if he didn't have artificial means of dealing with the stress and adrenaline playing caused him?

If we start using that logic to determine what is and isn't performance enhancing then we'll be banning anything and everything from meditation to golf to rooting.

ozjet1

Asked why he didn't feel the need to investigate, Cullen replied: ``Because the players were on Origin duty so it was a matter for the QRL boss."
the typical bury head in the sand, or pass on the duty to someone else metality of adminisitrators in rugby league.

if this is the attitude of the boss, then no wonder the club has the culture and problems it has.

BIKER_DRAGON

Juniors
Yep the drugs have taken their toll on the Broncos

1538962817_l.gif

Sleep

Juniors
The Broncos remind me of the Bulldogs last year. Off field dramas and an embarassing performance week in, week out.

Last year people would just add whoever was playing the Bulldogs to their fantasy team knowing it'd be a try fest. People have started to do the same when teams are playing the Broncos.

_Johnsy

Referee
FFS, do you need everything spelt out to you? I said you continually post rumours, speculation and inuendo about the Broncos, did I say drugs or drug culture? I've lost count of the amount of times you've tried to speculate about the thoroughbreds "true" involvment with the club over the years. Whenever there is a rumour or speculation going about the Broncos you're always there like white on rice.

We Broncos fans should be flattered though that you put more passion into hating our club than supporting your own.

I don't invest anything when it comes to hating the Broncos, I think you have an over inflated opinion of you and your club.

Which is it, drug allegations against your golden one, or allegations regarding the thoroughbreds, make your mind up, or just keep the goalposts still.

Well you have made a dishonest claim, back it up. If you have lost count, then thats not a great reflection on you or your "education". It may be 3 times I have mentioned the thoroughbreds (passing on what a former broncos great told me in a conversation), albiet during a 6 year period, continually hey. There is no need to lie. If you can't back it up, just retract the statement.

Last edited:

salivor

First Grade
I don't invest anything when it comes to hating the Broncos, I think you have an over inflated opinion of you and your club.

Well you have mad a dishonest claim, back it up. If you have lost count, then thats not a great reflection on you or your "education". It may be 3 times, albiet during a 6 year period, continually hey. There is no need to lie. If you can't back it up, just retract the statement.

:sarcasm::sarcasm: Thoroughbreds :sarcasm::sarcasm:
http://forums.leagueunlimited.com/showthread.php?t=326735&highlight=thoroughbreds

That only took 20 seconds to find. There are more, in fact there's 2 examples I'd like to post but they're in the mods and admin forum as they were deleted hence can't be reposted.

And for somebody who has nothing invested in hating the Broncos, it's all you ever seem to talk about.

fightingirish69

Juniors

_Johnsy

Referee
http://forums.leagueunlimited.com/showthread.php?t=326735&highlight=thoroughbreds

That only took 20 seconds to find. There are more, in fact there's 2 examples I'd like to post but they're in the mods and admin forum as they were deleted hence can't be reposted.

And for somebody who has nothing invested in hating the Broncos, it's all you ever seem to talk about.

Posted 14 minutes before your extremelly clever thread search.
It may be 3 times I have mentioned the thoroughbreds.

As I said moron, three times, over a 6 year period. But it's continually isn't it. :roll::roll:

FMD is it that time of the month Sal.

salivor

First Grade
As I said moron, three times, over a 6 year period. But it's continually isn't it. :roll::roll: FMD is it that time of the month Sal.

Lol 3 times in just 2009, sorry I'm not going back over your whole posting history here of 6 years and then going over to WORL to get examples from there where you were just as bad. The only one being dishonest here is you.

_Johnsy

Referee
Lol 3 times in just 2009, sorry I'm not going back over your whole posting history here of 6 years and then going over to WORL to get examples from there where you were just as bad. The only one being dishonest here is you.

You made a claim, & you have shown that i typed the word "thoroughbreds" once, thats right once. Back your claimup. Keep moving the goalposts you merkin.

Last edited:

_Johnsy

Referee
does salivor have a thing for you johnsy?

I think so, he loves debating with only factual information when posting, yet he is more than happy to post his own opinion. I take it his opinion is fact.

He gets a bit testy when someone says anything against the broncs in any way shape or form. I would have thought you just ignore it, or maybe it's a bit of a raw nerve, or too close to the bone.

If we had established the rule that no-one can offer an opinion of the broncs that is not complimentary you cant post it. At least Sal would be happy.

fightingirish69

Juniors
I think so, he loves debating with only factual information when posting, yet he is more than happy to post his own opinion. I take it his opinion is fact.

He gets a bit testy when someone says anything against the broncs in any way shape or form. I would have thought you just ignore it, or maybe it's a bit of a raw nerve, or too close to the bone.

If we had established the rule that no-one can offer an opinion of the broncs that is not complimentary you cant post it. At least Sal would be happy.

its amazing he hasn't got the whole gang on to you.. those broncos fans seem to work in packs on this forum [thats just from what i've seen].

but if the basis of this thread is about hodges and hunt before origin 3? well it would be a maroons issue as opposed to a broncos issue