What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Broncos Back 5 - 2013

Pac

Juniors
What happened to the once entertaining Broncos?
I can't remember such a dull back 5 coming into a Broncos season.

1. Norman
2. Hoffman
3. Reed
4. Hodges
5. Copely

Pac

Juniors

1. Norman
2. Hoffman
3. Reed
4. Hodges
5. Copely

Their most feared back is their oldest as well..

gUt

Coach
Yep this is why I believe we will miss the eight. Not many points there.

WayneBennett

Juniors
Fullback Hodges Hoffman on wing, Copley on bench , Yow yippee yooyay on the other when fit. Centres Reed and Some other dude

hardbaby

Coach
It may take Yow Yeh a while to hit form but he will be a very valuable addition. Ozzie winger and all. Will they play Norman at fullback or keep Hoffman there and bring Maranta onto the wing?

Agree that the Broncos will miss the 8. What happened with their recruitment?

Pac

Juniors
Hodges too old for fullback. He could get away playing 1/3 of the game at fullback.

Loudstrat

Coach
Hodges to fullback. Norman possibly to pivot - still think with time he will be their answer, maybe with Prince as half.

Whoever is in your backline, your forwards have to fire and that pack looks tired, especially swapping Te'o for Stagg.

Pac

Juniors
Their forward pack is fine.
Is their backline that would struggle to put on points without flukey bombs and bounce of the ball.

hardbaby

Coach
Gillett needs to stand up and Thaiday needs to lose the captaincy. Their pack is good if they play to their potential.

Pac

Juniors
Fullback is their biggest problem.. Any chance Bond or Kahu might get a gig there?

typicalfan

Coach
Agree with Gillett stepping up, starting to enter the most overrated player conversations imo. Obviously very talented though and should be a star at the Broncos.

Silent Knight

First Grade

1. Norman
2. Hoffman
3. Reed
4. Hodges
5. Copely

Dull, boring coach likes a dull, boring backline.

BunniesMan

Immortal
The Broncos of 2012-13 are just what the Storm will be in 2014-15.

Every sunrise has a sunset.

They're feeling the loss of a future Immortal. And now they have competition for Queenslands up and coming best and brightest . It'll take them a couple years to start heading north again.

Every club experiences it.

eozsmiles

Bench
Hodges may be worth a punt at fullback. Might just liven them up.

One of the things the Broncos have going for them is Hodges running from dummy half after the FB has returned the kick. Often gets there sets off to a good start. Another good thing they have is getting Hodges 1-on-1 with his opposite number.
Not sure whether Hodges has the "zip" of the top FB's but he would add some classy touches chiming in.

I guess I'm saying that Hodges at centre is one of the Bronco's strengths and they shouldn't weaken that to fill a hole. Granted it is a pretty important hole.

Big Pete

Referee
It really depends on the halves and whether or not they can give the backs room to weave their magic.

I don't think it's as big a deal as some of you are making it out to be.

Latest posts