What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Broncos Back 5 - 2013

Warrior@Heart

Juniors
1. Hoffman
2. Maranta
3. Hodges
4. Reed
5. Whitchurch/Yow Yeh (Just untill he's fit)

I think Maranta is the better long term prospect at fullback so once Hodges retires I think Hoffman at centre would be a good option.

some11

Referee
I have to laugh at some of the pundits who just regurgitated the same rubbish last year "oh these young broncos are the future, they will dominate for 5 years".

Copley - terrible hands
Gillett - shadow of 2010
Hoffman - no ball skills
Hunt - will probably leave
Norman - arse
Reed - meh
Yow Yeh - injured

*hoping for reverse mocker

Last edited:

JamesBrandy

Juniors
Copley improved a lot through last season and was very solid towards the end. I agree that Gillett needed a boot up the arse and Hoffman can't pass. I like Normans running game.

WayneBennett

Juniors
Wouldnt playing at FB free him up to run from dummy half more. I mean , he could just float around the field in attack and line up in the centres in defence.

Just a thought.

Big Pete

Referee
Te'os replacement isn't necessarily going to be as skilled as he is, Pete. Why gamble when you can insure.

Because he isn't going to cost as much money, allowing us to conserve our money to afford a player we could actually use.

Enter Scott Prince.

Big Pete

Referee
You couldn't say for certain.

Either way, the departure of Te'o doesn't signify our intent on retaining the services of those players. Especially when all three were treated as main priorities twelve months ago.

_Johnsy

Referee
I have to agree with IBM. Teo is a much, much better option. The key is how much extra $$$ it would have chewed up compared to Stagg's $$$ to keep Teo.

I liken Teo to a developing Kennedy style player much more dynamic.

I liken Stagg to Selleys no more gaps. Will get the job done but won't do a thing more than plug holes.

Big Pete

Referee
Brisbane didn't trade Te'o for Stagg.

Stagg is there merely for his experience and depth value.

_Johnsy

Referee
Brisbane didn't trade Te'o for Stagg.

Stagg is there merely for his experience and depth value.

I understand that it wasn't a direct swap.

Teo leaves and Stagg comes to brissy. I'm sure you knew what I meant though you antagonistic bastard ;-);-)

Joker's Wild

Coach
The Broncos still have a great backline, very capable of putting points on and are defencively sound. There are 3 Internationals in there dont forget.

As has been said before, the halves will make or break them in 2013.

Latest posts