What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Broncos in the ANZAC Test

broncoman

Juniors
The test team will be announced in a couple of weeks and it seems we will have our lowest ammount of rep players in a long long time, realistically thres only 3 guys in with any chance of playing for Australia...

Darren Lockyer - Captain of the side, even if they dont pick him at 5/8 u'd imagine he will be the fullback, i think its better for the team to have him at 6 though, he will get the job done.

Justin Hodges - Brisbane's best player by a long way this season, his form should see him get a test jumper but his past indescretions could see him miss out, Gasnier will obviously get one spot in the centres however its hard to mount a case for any other centre to be picked in front of him.

Petero Civoniceva - Will probably get a spot on the bench at worst, injuries to Bailey and Ryles as well as O'Meley's lack of game time and Steve Price's poor form mean he should be the first prop picked. He's coming off a couple of pretty good games and is definately in better form than last year.

I cant really give anyone else a chance of making the side, obviously webcke would if he was available, but even these 3 guys arent certainties any more...

Mr Saab

Referee
Lockyer will be the only one picked.
Hodges is an outside chance, but I dont know if he will get in ahead of Cooper and Gasnier.
Petero is 10000s

Meanie

Juniors
Yeah, it'll only be Lockie. Depending on injuries Petero might get a look too. I think Justin's gonna have to go through Origin before he gets a test call up.

Pistol

Coach
Tate may be an option when he returns seeing as he is an incumbant player and his form last year was pretty good, but he probably has too much work in front of him.

Tony Carroll will probably be mentioned as a possible candidate for the lock position. Not touring last year allowed Kennedy a chance to take the position. With Kennedy out of rep football, this may be the light at the end of the tunnel.

Locky, is a certainty. I dont see the selectors moving him to fullback with Minichiello winning the Golden boot last year and playing well this year.

Hodges was selected in the train on squad last year for the tri nations but didnt tour because of injury. A definate outside chance for a centre spot.

Mr Saab

Referee
Tonie Carroll is 10000000000000000000000000000s to be even considered for the Oz team.

Pistol

Coach
I wouldnt be lying if I said he was at long odds, but many ppl thought the same when he made his debut in 2004. I dont think its likely Stuart will pick him, but I wouldnt rule it out.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Lockyer and possibly Hodges (depending on when Cooper is back). Civonoceva would be a option as well.

Smiley

Bench
Hodges man handled cooper on Sunday. But i think the centres will be gasnier and tahu.

salivor

First Grade
I don't even know if Lockyer is a given for selection. As we near the time I'm sure there will be a push for Johns and Thurston to partner each other in the halves and a reluctance to move Minichiello from Fullback to accomodate Locky, especially with Stuart at the helm. Wouldn't be the worst thing in the world IMO, he needs a break from rep footy and it'd put a bit of hunger back into him.

The only one I'd really like to see selected is Hodges as his form warrants it, not only this season but the majority of last season. The rest I'd rather see in Brisbane colours as we need all hands on deck at the moment.

Big Pete

Referee
Big_Bad_Shark_Fan said:
Not many from broncos
sorry bennet isnt there to just give it to any bronco any more

Never see anymore Sharks do you?

Heck Covell went to NZ who lacked depth and still couldn't get a look in.

bluesbreaker

Bench
Haha, the truth really hurts doesn't it? Lockyer hasn't deserved selection at 5/8th for 1 moment of his career there. Overshadowed by minicello in 03, overshadowed by Fittler in 04, overshadowed by just about everyone in 05. Overshadowed by Thurston in 06?

At least he's consistent :lol:

Pistol

Coach
Since when has Minichiello played 5/8??

Fittler only played origin in 04

And I seem to remember that Darren Lockyer was 5/8 of the year in 04
and runner up for the golden boot.

Latest posts