What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Broncos in the ANZAC Test

broncoman

Juniors
i wonder how Hunt would handle 5/8, more so defensively, perhaps Bennett should think about a 2 or 3 week spell with him in that position just so see how he would go

salivor

First Grade
His technique is a bit of a worry at times but physically he's a lot bigger than Lockyer so I think he could handle the defensive workload on a fulltime basis. I don't see what harm would be done in experimenting for a 2 or 3 week spell like you say, maybe during origin time since we have 2 baby Broncos matches this year.

broncoman

Juniors
i dont think we will really be in the situation to have a "baby broncos" side now, we will prolly lose Lockyer, Hunt, Petero and possibly one of Stagg/Parker. not like the old days of 10 broncos in origin...

kbw

Bench
Geezus open your eyes, the guy can't tackle at all. If he does make one its luck more than good management.
I'll agree that cutie can run well and works well off Lockyer but really to think about putting him anywhere else but fullback in defense is a joke

broncoman

Juniors
hes 19, theres room for improvement in his game, even his defence, you think every player comes into first grade with a perfect defensive game, give him a chance to work on it...

Big Pete

Referee
kbw his defence is actually pretty good, he's stopped a fair few tries this season with his defence. It's just his speed at Fullback that lets him down.

I'd give him a chance during the Origin period to see how he goes.

salivor

First Grade
His defence isn't that bad and at the end of the day defending at fullback is a whole different kettle of fish to being in the front line, it's much more about placement and timing than technique most of the time.