What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Broncos in the ANZAC Test

broncoman

Juniors
how do we rate tupou's chances of being picked, i think he'd be great for the kiwis and i reckon he deserves a chance...

salivor

First Grade
broncoman said:
how do we rate tupou's chances of being picked, i think he'd be great for the kiwis and i reckon he deserves a chance...

As a Kiwi, I think he's a pretty long shot. I get the feeling that Bluey is going to show some loyalty to those that got the job done in the Tri Nations which would see Webster and Vatuvai on the wings if both are fit. Either that or he looks to the ESL and tries to get Bradford to release Vanikolo. Then next in line would be Matt Utai and even then he may be forced to put a centre out there with the likes of Vagana, Toopi, Lolesi and Whatiura all putting in a claim for just 2 centre positions.

salivor

First Grade
Big Pete said:
Yeah, but he certainly deserves a look in, don't you agree?

He's the best centre in the game at the moment and I'd select even Tahu before I'd select Cooper. Let Ricky make a fool of himself, after all the crap levelled at Bennett last year, he has proven himself to be no better in terms of having his own personal bias at the selection table.

broncoman

Juniors
i simply cant see how they can overlook Hodges, even given Stuart's history with him you have to remember this is his first test match as coach, i dont think he has all the say and power in chosing who plays, there are selectors for a reasons and i have faith that ultimately as a combined unit they will pick the best team that will include Hodges in the centres...

bluesbreaker

Bench
I was going to reply to Salivor, but then I realised that he's completely missed the point (who the hell was talking about international football anyway? :lol: Who gives a sh*t how Lockyer played in 2 games vs sh*t opposition?) and it would be a complete waste of time. Not surprised really, Queenslanders just aren't as smart as us New South Welshmen.

Big Pete

Referee
bluesbreaker you really need a hobby or something if all you can come up with is a troll post.

Ghoulies

Bench
Lockyer (c)
Civoniceva
Tupou

Are the three Bronco reps. No Hodgo (suprise, suprise), but I guess we can just look forward to him being fit and fired up for us next week.

salivor

First Grade
bluesbreaker said:
I was going to reply to Salivor, but then I realised that he's completely missed the point (who the hell was talking about international football anyway? :lol: Who gives a sh*t how Lockyer played in 2 games vs sh*t opposition?) and it would be a complete waste of time. Not surprised really, Queenslanders just aren't as smart as us New South Welshmen.

Yes I guess you were talking about club or state selection considering all the players you mentioned are lifetime Broncos and proud Qlders. You don't half like to talk drivel. And I'm not even a qlder your dribbler so you can't even win that point lol, theres a bridge with your name on it just waiting for you to crawl under it.

Dazzat

First Grade
Matt Cooper is another in a long line of New South Welshmen who have a reputation bigger than their performance ... others in the list are Fitzgibbon and Kennedy. Week after week we scratch our heads wondering if the same players that the NSW commentators are lauding are actually playing on the field or in their imagination. I look forward to Hodges giving Cooper another lesson in the State of Origin, as he did in the St. George-Brisbane game.

broncoman

Juniors
what bullsh*t, Hodges consistently dominates and has been overlooked, Cooper consistently lets his team down and hs been picked again... by god he would want to play well because theres more pressure on him than anyone else in the team imo...

Also it would be nice to see tupou do well, im not sure a test match is what he needs straight after a performance like he gave yesterday, but we all know what hes capable of....

this is awesome news for qld origin. guys like hodges, price, crocker and bowen are going to be that fired up. 3-0 qld.....GO NZ! hope they put a flogging on the NSW Kangaroos

broncoman

Juniors
Hunt as 18th man was a bit of a shock, im definately in the minority when i say its a good move. Its a step in the right direction and will give Karmichael a big boost. I dunno if he will play or not but im glad hes somewhere there cause his form lately has been very good and i know he'd do the country proud if he gets a game...

Dazzat

First Grade
I would go as far to say that Hodges is looking like the most dominant centre in the game since Mal Meninga at his peak or Michael Cronin. I can't recall any centre since Mal breaking so many tackles so consistently, and with the ability to set up his supports.

Gasnier has a good game every two or three - Hodges is blitzing them every game. Can't wait for SOO1.

Ghoulies

Bench
I can't say I agree with the selectors (re: Hunt), but congrats to the kid. Hes been in great form lately.

Mr Saab

Referee
Good luck to him. I am happy he is there, but he should buy himself 100 lottery tickets.
I hope he kills it though.

broncoman

Juniors
Mr Saab said:
Good luck to him. I am happy he is there, but he should buy himself 100 lottery tickets.
I hope he kills it though.
thats my thoughts too, all he can do now is perform, its not his "fault" the selectors chose him, so id be disapointed if the Australian fans turned against him for that reason...