What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Broncos proved themselves tonight

Nightward

Juniors
It might be premature to draw a chance through their finals chances just yet but that performance was woeful. They had a chance to put the Eels to the sword last night but considered the game won by about the 15-minute mark and clocked off, which has been a problem all season.

I expect the Broncos to be little more than cannon fodder if they make it past week 1 of the finals.

POPEYE

Coach
It might be premature to draw a chance through their finals chances just yet but that performance was woeful. They had a chance to put the Eels to the sword last night but considered the game won by about the 15-minute mark and clocked off, which has been a problem all season.

I expect the Broncos to be little more than cannon fodder if they make it past week 1 of the finals.
The Broncos didn't clock off, the Eels clocked on . . . Benny's mob gave all they had and Arthur's mongrel mob did exactly as they were told

TheFrog

Coach
I'd be waiting until these two sides meet in Brisbane before making any sweeping predictions following last evening's match. The Eels played well. The Broncos were outplayed but I would ignore the game as an indicator of likely finals outcomes at this stage.

Moses might have had his best game of the season but that only means he's not likely to equal it again for quite some time.

Tooooks

Bench

Woeful performance, what a load of crap. They were outplayed by the better team on the night.

POPEYE

Coach
I'd be waiting until these two sides meet in Brisbane before making any sweeping predictions following last evening's match. The Eels played well. The Broncos were outplayed but I would ignore the game as an indicator of likely finals outcomes at this stage.

Moses might have had his best game of the season but that only means he's not likely to equal it again for quite some time.
C'mon ol' mate, fair's fair . . . if Milford is allowed hero status after 1 good game in 10 surely we can give Moses the same accreditation

Nice Beaver

First Grade
Got to love these trackhead threads don't you?

Ray was last seen being talked off the Storey Bridge to the cries of "jump you f*cker!" from the passing motorists.

Nightward

Juniors
Woeful performance, what a load of crap. They were outplayed by the better team on the night.

The Broncos have developed a habit of racing to a 10-12 point lead and then going to sleep. They have no killer instinct and don't close things out.

At 12-0 so early in the game and a superor team on paper there are no excuses. Yes, Parra played well. But the Broncos had the firepower to blow them off the park and absolutely failed to do so.

Galeforce

Bench
Eels were impressive last night , there go forward was brutal.

I doubt that they continue that form on a week to week basis , this may have been the post Gutherson effort

However , If they could continue that form/style , they will be hard to beat in 2017. I do not think any side would have beaten them last night on their last 70 minute performance.

Pedge1971

First Grade
The Broncos have developed a habit of racing to a 10-12 point lead and then going to sleep. They have no killer instinct and don't close things out.

At 12-0 so early in the game and a superor team on paper there are no excuses. Yes, Parra played well. But the Broncos had the firepower to blow them off the park and absolutely failed to do so.

Is superor like shit?

Love the sulk though.

Pedge1971

First Grade
Eels were impressive last night , there go forward was brutal.

I doubt that they continue that form on a week to week basis , this may have been the post Gutherson effort

However , If they could continue that form/style , they will be hard to beat in 2017. I do not think any side would have beaten them last night on their last 70 minute performance.

Yep. If u could bottle that and keep it up every week u have a top 4 side. Just so sad it was against the Broncos.

Nightward

Juniors
Is superor like shit?

Love the sulk though.

Not sulk so much as long-standing issue. It's been a problem all year for the Broncos, especially when they get a good lead at half time. The reason I regard them as also-rans is because they continually put the cue in the rack and wait for time to pass rather than playing the game to win.

At 12-0 up you can see the Broncos defence get complacent. That lead to two quick tries which gave Parra the confidence to go on with it. Parra took their chances and made the most of them. The Broncos displayed the same poor attitude that has nearly cost them a number of times this year and got trounced because of it.

I could hope that this is a wake-up call but they had the same habit last year as well. Even going back as far as 2015, but they had a team that could get away with it better then.

coolumsharkie

Referee
Milford is not resilient enough for FG football, Hunt looks like he's just got the call up from Reggies (oh wait) because the star half is on the bench coming on for Mccullock. Bunji the has been. Too many Friday night games combing the hair and practicing the smile in front of the mirror on Friday afternoon before kick off.

Some of the Horsies players are good but there is no heart. I think Bennett is becoming a Coachasaurus

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
You're kidding. He's playing the Knights, Titans and Bunnies over the next few weeks. Three of the worst defensive teams in the comp.