What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Broncos R19 in Brisbane.

In the NRL game preview one ‘Stat Attack’ makes me cranky.

“The Dragons have won only one of their past 11 games without Ben Hunt”.

E’ffing media, always promoting bloody Ben Hunt as the only factor dictating a Dragons win.

I swear some of these media NRL experts have NFI - Do they even watch?

This year Hunts only missed one (Panthers) and we won. (Albeit a depleted Panthers)

I’m praying for Marschke and Kyle to engineer another win without the sook

since77

Juniors

E’ffing media, always promoting bloody Ben Hunt as the only factor dictating a Dragons win.

Yeah context would be a nice thing, HOD!!

This would be more accurate ----->>> The Dragons, who have been a complete shit show since the end of 2011, with three of the worst coaches in the history of the club, have won only one of their past 11 games without Ben Hunt. By the way they also struggle to win when Hunt is actually in the side due to his terrible game management, useless kicking game, terrible 5th tackle options and his inability to ice games in clutch moments......

TheRev

First Grade
Let our other attacking players SHINE WITHOUT Hunt. Who knows what defence we'll get, hope R. Couchman gets into the side somehow.
We have a huge advantage in the forwards (and big backs).. if we're up for the game.. we shouldn't need fancy attacking plays.. were just gonna run over them and hopefully win it convinsingly in the 2nd half...

My main fear is the crowd/ref keeping them in it.. and they have points in that backline if they do get their share of the ball.

sammymills

Juniors

This year Hunts only missed one (Panthers) and we won. (Albeit a depleted Panthers)

I’m praying for Marschke and Kyle to engineer another win without the sook
i swear whenever i listen to the media talk about our club, its like they have NFI. They always say how good ben hunt is, when you ask any dragons supporter their view of him and its vastly different.

TheRev

First Grade
i swear whenever i listen to the media talk about our club, its like they have NFI. They always say how good ben hunt is, when you ask any dragons supporter their view of him and its vastly different.
Man it drives me bonkers.. so many blokes being paid to give opinions on podcasts and TV, swear to god.. I dont know if they have ever watched a dragons game.. it takes 1-2yrs for whats actually happening on the field to propagate into the mouths of the 'experts'.. its why guys like Dufty had years of non-stop praise before finally 1 day someone dares to suggest something different..

The real problem though.. is these crap opinions hit so many ears that they become established fact amongst the community... its very hard to change points of view once it happens.

Gareth67

First Grade
Rav is more of a beast on the field where his ever so solid frame takes a devastating toll on his opponents.

But the NRL did not particularly like the fact that he was doing so much damage with perfectly legal tackles and decided to outlaw him .

He could only tackle below the knees , yet sods like JWH from the rorters could do high tackle all match long and only receive a smile from the ref !

However I have always like Rav’s style of play and the man himself appears to enjoy his game . He may not be a true fleet footed athlete as most wingers are , but he does his job and at the end of the day that’s whats counts . 😇

Rav is more of a beast on the field where his ever so solid frame takes a devastating toll on his opponents.

But the NRL did not particularly like the fact that he was doing so much damage with perfectly legal tackles and decided to outlaw him .

He could only tackle below the knees , yet sods like JWH from the rorters could do high tackle all match long and only receive a smile from the ref !

However I have always like Rav’s style of play and the man himself appears to enjoy his game . He may not be a true fleet footed athlete as most wingers are , but he does his job and at the end of the day that’s whats counts . 😇
Yeah, I'm a bit of a Rava tragic!

I think the success of Zac at wing has come at the cost of Rava's form.
That forced Rava to the other side without ZAC, his partner in crime..

Like Zac, he prefers one side of the field and Zac's high jumping covers Rava's weakness.

Looks like he's still not on preferred side with Christian Tuipulotu listed as Zac's replacement.

Hopefully being dropped is still burning Rava and he responds aggressively.

Long live the beast!

Last edited: