What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Broncos R19 in Brisbane.

Trifili13

Juniors
Given the ref explicitly said we can only challenge if the player has gone into touch, we were not challenging the held decision but whether the player went into touch, by logic we should have won the challenge but still had the penalty against us but kept our 1 challenge. But logic or fairness doesn't seem to apply to all teams equally in the NRL.

since77

Juniors
Yes?. Did we still have a challenge?. I would of thought so if it even were deemed a null and void challenge?. IDK anymore
From memory the bunker from the audio said something like --- Broncos player goes into touch. Challenge is unsuccessful.
Of course the bunker can't say the momentum in the tackle never stopped........But hey the game has supposedly never been better......

BLM01

First Grade
From memory the bunker from the audio said something like --- Broncos player goes into touch. Challenge is unsuccessful.
Of course the bunker can't say the momentum in the tackle never stopped........But hey the game has supposedly never been better......
Ok. How come bunker can rule on momentum in a try scoring situation.. or momentum in if a guy is going for the ball or not in the air.. or momentum for a late hit (timing) or momentum if someone would of got there for a penalty try?

BLM01

First Grade
Can someone tell me who watched the game. How did Rava go?. I only saw the momentum swing

BLM01

First Grade
I'm a Rava fan but Lomax plays on the right, Rava played on the right, ChristianT played left and scored 3 tries so Lomax would take Rava's spot, so no room for Rava or Mat
Ta. Yeh I was a Rava fan too
I am warming to Matt F as he is showing some real go in busting the line.. in fact his brother is too but maybe they are playing for their future

AyiosYiorgos

Coach
Ta. Yeh I was a Rava fan too
I am warming to Matt F as he is showing some real go in busting the line.. in fact his brother is too but maybe they are playing for their future
Well if Sloan keeps performing that way in defence, wouldn't surprise to see Lomax at 1 and Rava and MatF on the wings, i'm not a fan of ChristianT to be honest, yeah he scored 3 last night but meh..

since77

Juniors
Ok. How come bunker can rule on momentum in a try scoring situation.. or momentum in if a guy is going for the ball or not in the air.. or momentum for a late hit (timing) or momentum if someone would of got there for a penalty try?
Exactly. The rules are made up by morons and the way they are adjudicated is moronic. I rarely agree with Phil Gould but what he said a few months ago about the NRL rules being idiotic was spot on.

TheRev

First Grade
Well if Sloan keeps performing that way in defence, wouldn't surprise to see Lomax at 1 and Rava and MatF on the wings, i'm not a fan of ChristianT to be honest, yeah he scored 3 last night but meh..
I'm not massive on CTui either but he is strong and 23yrs old (a good age)... it will be interesting to see him with a pre-season under his belt.. but he will be on the market come Nov 1, so decisions will need to be made.. and i think flanno is a fan.

Rava I think is on the way out.. but his runs were useful yesterday especially when the broncos fired up via Taupau and we were gassed.. the easiest way to get all these bodies in (including Matt) is for Sloan to have a rest.. but that lack of speed at the back could cost us in other ways.. if I was gonna pick someone id put Lomax there.

The timing for Sione Finau's injury however has been freaking awful.. hes also off contract from Nov 1, and I think he might actually make it in the NRL.. and definitely bring more speed and agility than the other options.. but with his injury he wont get a chance to prove it.. hes also off contract come Nov 1.. im not sure if hes here in 2026.. but I think he could have been if he'd gotten to play some games while Lomax was away.

KogarahWarrior

Juniors
I'm not massive on CTui either but he is strong and 23yrs old (a good age)... it will be interesting to see him with a pre-season under his belt.. but he will be on the market come Nov 1, so decisions will need to be made.. and i think flanno is a fan.

Rava I think is on the way out.. but his runs were useful yesterday especially when the broncos fired up via Taupau and we were gassed.. the easiest way to get all these bodies in (including Matt) is for Sloan to have a rest.. but that lack of speed at the back could cost us in other ways.. if I was gonna pick someone id put Lomax there.

The timing for Sione Finau's injury however has been freaking awful.. hes also off contract from Nov 1, and I think he might actually make it in the NRL.. and definitely bring more speed and agility than the other options.. but with his injury he wont get a chance to prove it.. hes also off contract come Nov 1.. im not sure if hes here in 2026.. but I think he could have been if he'd gotten to play some games while Lomax was away.
What injury is it Rev?

TheRev

First Grade
I dont blame Kyle for that captains challenge, it was very freaking confusing, none of us really understood what the ref was implying.. and it seemed like he did infact go into touch so at the very least maybe we retained the challenge.. it was a huge turning point in the game... and it was blown very late by the ref.

Latest posts