What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Broncos Recruitment

JW

Coach
Andrew Gee's coight must be tighter than Hodgo's hamstrings.

Spend some coin FFS.

JW

Coach
Seriously, has Gee Gee done anything worth writing home about in his current role?

Dazzat

First Grade
Good.

Didn't want Bailey.

I kinda agree - post 25-year-old English props trying Australia for the first time don't have a great record in the NRL.

If they come younger, like the Burgess brothers and Adrian Morley, they usually go OK, but its harder to adjust old habits developed through playing the Super League style of prop forward.

HOWEVER, Tasi aside, not a peep from the club about new signings.

And, the key to this story is this: The Broncos can no longer just waive around the horse logo anymore and expect players to sign up. The club DID approach this guy and he said (obviously in an English accent), "No!".

The club has become that guy in the nightclub, who goes from girl to girl asking for a dance, and ends up sipping a vodka in the corner.

The only dance he can get is the pensioner almost retired Queensland grandma who has come home before the retirement village.

Dazzat

First Grade
Marshall will probably sign with panthers or another sydney club
http://www.nrl.com/benji-marshall-seeking-tigers-release/tabid/10874/newsid/73478/default.aspx

Don't think he's worth the coin he'd be asking for. Such a red hot and ice cold player. But wherever he goes I am sure we'll see better form come out if he's happy

Marshall's problem is his early success - winning a grand final so early and being so well paid at such a young age.

He would benefit greatly from going to a team with an established captain and a strong coach - neither of which I believe we have at the Broncos at the moment.

It's very sad to see the decline of such a great player - but sorry Benji - it's not all about you.

Big Pete

Referee
From our side of the fence it sounds like we didn't have much if any dealings with Bailey at all. It was all just manager talk.

gUt

Coach
Marshall will probably sign with panthers or another sydney club
http://www.nrl.com/benji-marshall-seeking-tigers-release/tabid/10874/newsid/73478/default.aspx

Don't think he's worth the coin he'd be asking for. Such a red hot and ice cold player. But wherever he goes I am sure we'll see better form come out if he's happy

Said it for a while but I reckon Wallace (or Hunt) and Marshall would be a good halves combo. Wallace to get us down field and Marshall to put the tries on.

Too bad there's no one to score those tries at the moment though, except Hoffman.

AceAv

Juniors
word is he is heading to Union anyhow. Not that Broncos would even glance at the idea of buying a talented #7...

Dazzat

First Grade
These Barba rumours are continuing to circulate. So agonising ... the club should be coming out with a statement surely.

Big Pete

Referee
Hear it's cooling down lately which sucks.

Club can't officially say anything since they're not supposed to negotiate with under contract players.

Dazzat

First Grade
Just saw the Mole on Twitter say he's likely to stay at the Dogs.

Wouldnt surprise me.

The rumour was always that Barba would leave to make way for Falou at the Bulldogs. If Barba is staying, not sure if they could fit both under the cap when you consider their superstar forward pack.

I'm sure Andrew Gee is hopping on the phone to Falou's agent right now.:roll:

beads6

First Grade
Heard a rumour we are having a crack at Barba and DCE last week. The rumour came from a decent source but things can change quickly. There simply has to be some big signings from somewhere otherwise it could be a sad year again next year.