What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Broncos Recruitment

Kaiden

Juniors
@Big Pete

Do you think that Oates could be a potential replacement for Hodges in the Centres in years to come?

Back 5, 2015 ish:
1. Barba
2. Hoffman
3. Reed
4. Oates
5. Yow Yeh/Copley

Big Pete

Referee
No.

He might slot in there from time to time but his position is definitely in the backrow.

Kiwi

First Grade
@Big Pete

Do you think that Oates could be a potential replacement for Hodges in the Centres in years to come?

Back 5, 2015 ish:
1. Barba
2. Hoffman
3. Reed
4. Oates
5. Yow Yeh/Copley
why when we have Kahu.

Tera

Juniors
Watched him play in Round 6 V. Cowboys.
He scored two tries in the first half off of flat balls into gaps. That's when I started to like the look of him.

So he could basically be what Te'o provided for us last year?

Kaiden

Juniors
Another thing also. Our best players are back rowers: Thaiday, Gillete, Parker, Glenn etc.. And with great up and coming players in Timu and Oates coming from the 20's, more back rowers will be added to that list. It just sucks that all our decent depth comes from the back row, and not where we need it (Back 5 and halves).

unbreaK

Juniors
Not sure where they're going to all fit, I think Hook understands that Thaiday needs to be in the #12 jersey, which means probably Glenn, Timu, Oates are going to be either coming off the bench or not playing, we might lose a couple of them.

Chainshada

Juniors
Any thoughts on Zac Santo from the cowboys? With them having signed Hezron Murgha he probably won't get the call up next year, I think he'll be 21 so into QCup.

He's pretty bad defensively and seems to make a lot of errors..

2389(170 average per game) metres, 25 errors, 13 line breaks, 91 tackles, 23 missed tackles, 12 offloads, 93 tackle breaks, 4 try assists and 7 tries in a team tied for the wooden spoon.

Dazzat

First Grade
Oh ... according to the rumour mill, the club was supposed to announcing the signing of Barba today, or early in the week.

On another note ... in our desperate bid to sign anyone ... anyone at all ... how about Clint Greenshields from the Cows. With Hezron Murgha being hailed as Bowen's replacement, he's probably looking for a new home and he's still unsigned for next year.

gUt

Coach
Sandow is not as bad as most seem to think he is. In the right environment he could mature and become a consistently dangerous half.

Pierced Soul

First Grade
no to sandow and greenshields. whilst sandow potentially could be a better player than he is i dont see it happening for a while. especially since out attack seems so structured and predictable i think he'd struggle even more.

greenshields looks like he retired for 5 years and has only just started playing again...

lockyno1

Post Whore
Sandow is not as bad as most seem to think he is. In the right environment he could mature and become a consistently dangerous half.

Only with a defensive number 6, not sure a Sandown/Hunt combination will work. Sandow's best year had Sutton at 6, who basically just tackled.

hooch is crazy

Juniors
http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...hodkinson-to-stay-at-dogs-20130710-2pqrb.html

That's a really disappointing one. Hodkinson was ripe for the taking and is at the perfect time in his career to move to a new environment without losing momentum in his development. If he isn't worth grabbing to replace Wallace/Prince, then who exactly are they banking on? I hear talk of young Ashley Taylor from the 20s team being the next Broncos halfback but surely he's a couple of years away, at best.

Jason Simmons

Juniors
Sam Williams just signed with Dragons...

Two clubs with halves issues. One signs Williams and Widdop. The other signs no-one...

Should see us move forward well into the future...

Sigh.

Dazzat

First Grade
Broncos and recruitment - oil and water.

Don't worry - we have the Under 20s and the Queensland Cup.