What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Broncos Recruitment

Dazzat

First Grade
I'd prefer DCE over Barba, based on attitude. DCE came out and lifted the Queensland team last night with sheer enthusiasm. Great player and just what the club needs.

Although Barba is a talent, I'm unconvinced that he'll enjoy a long career due to his personal issues.

On a side note, one wonders of Gerard Beale may want to return to the Broncs due to Dugan's signing and playing at his preferred position of fullback. Hoffman, Beale and Yow Yeh would be a fairly good back three.

H-Bomb

Juniors
:( that makes me a sad panda

get him to sign before it starts raining!!!

Lol.
I may have let out an expletive or two when I read that he probably wasnt coming to the broncos.
But I did make sure I wasnt getting my hopes too high, after the Inglis 'incident'

DCE would be an amazing get. That kids got amazing ability. Prob wont happen, but him in a broncos jersey is a nice dream.

Pierced Soul

First Grade
i think DCE got locked up for a few more years just last year, so unless manly are trying to shed more players i cant see why they'd release him.

whilst i'd love to see DCE at the broncs (ahead of barba) as a league fan i'd love to see him and foran play out their careers together

broncos2010

Juniors
Is there any semi decent halve on the market please tell me the broncos are doing something?

I can not take another year of the worst halves in the comp in Prince and Wallace.

Anyone even from ESL?

Rengi Chase???

Dazzat

First Grade
None that I'm aware of. Heck even Luke Walsh, who has guided the Panthers into the eight, behind a team far inferior to the Broncos would be worth it ... but he's going to ESL.

unbreaK

Juniors
There is no good halves on the market, our halves combo next year will be either -

Hunt, Wallace

or

Prince, Wallace

Take your pick.

broncos2010

Juniors
Can't believe we are not in the market for guys like rengi chase and tomkins considering we need a fb and halves.

We may as well throw away next year if we run with the same guys in the halves.

unbreaK

Juniors
Similarly, the pressure on Wallace and fellow veteran Scott Prince to turn around the Broncos' stuttering season has taken its toll on Griffin, who is understood to have told Wallace over the weekend that he should start looking around for potential suitors with Brisbane "heading in another direction".

Interesting.. either Hook is extremely confident in the combination of Prince and Hunt.. or we've signed someone starting with the letter D, and ending in CE.

Bretto

Bench
DCE + Hunt as our halves... Sign them up for the next 7 years. Build a team around them. Giddy the f**k up.

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
Interesting.. either Hook is extremely confident in the combination of Prince and Hunt.. or we've signed someone starting with the letter D, and ending in CE.

I still don't get this DCE speculation - he's signed to Manly until the end of 2015.

Unless they release him (as if they would), we wouldn't get him until the 2016 season. Signing someone nearly 3 years in advance of when you can use him is not a smart decision.

Dazzat

First Grade
I still don't get this DCE speculation - he's signed to Manly until the end of 2015.

Unless they release him (as if they would), we wouldn't get him until the 2016 season. Signing someone nearly 3 years in advance of when you can use him is not a smart decision.

I agree - DCE won't happen.

Barba - due to his ex-girlfriend moving to Queensland - is a strong possibility.

And Hunt is currently playing reserve grade and is a strong possibility as well. Someone like Hunt wouldn't enjoy being out of the top grade, and playing State of Origin again would also be attractive to him.

Then of course Cameron Smith would be the cream on top, but it looks like he'll be staying at Melbourne. Can't say I'm sad about that as we have two promising hookers playing Queensland Cup.

unbreaK

Juniors

There was speculation a while back that he was considering asking for a release because Manly weren't fulfilling some 3rd party parts of his contract, haven't heard anything since though..

The latest rumour I've heard is Josh McCrone --> Broncos.. A slightly younger version of Wallace, how exciting

lockyno1

Post Whore
So we go after the wrong Raiders half when Sam Williams was on the market all year.

So far Gee has stuffed up...Inglis, Dugan, Sam Williams (+ any other good half)....and who has he signed...

Griffin and Gee...it is like watching Dumb and Dumber again

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
According to the Mole, Prince has been given his marching orders as well?

1. It's 6am in Georgia and Moley is feeling frisky, peeps.
    Expand

</div>
  2. Tim Evans &#8207;@qlder82 4h
    @RLW_Mole any news on where Wallace and prince might land after being told to look elsewhere for next season ?
    Expand

</div>
  3. The Mole &#8207;@RLW_Mole 4h
    @qlder82 Princey may look at UK, Tigers may have a crack at Wallace

</div>
Is he talking out his arse, or has anyone heard anything about this?

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
There was speculation a while back that he was considering asking for a release because Manly weren't fulfilling some 3rd party parts of his contract, haven't heard anything since though..

Yeah, I remember DCE coming out and squashing that talk pretty quickly though. Would be hard to believe Brisbane could keep negotiations like that quiet for this long.

As others have said, any player who is seen to be considering other options is going to be "linked" to us until we announce something.