What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Broncos Recruitment

Dazzat

First Grade
To be honest, Maranta has had 15 terrible performances, and about four/five reasonable performances - where he has just done what wingers should do. Don't get me wrong ... I think he's improved, but he should consider himself very fortunate in winning this re-sign.

blaza88z

Coach
Maranta's been one of our best, especially defensively when defusing high kicks

I think people just hate him because he doesn't break 3 tackles to score a try each time

Dazzat

First Grade
Maranta's been one of our best, especially defensively when defusing high kicks

I think people just hate him because he doesn't break 3 tackles to score a try each time

No ... it is because over the previous two years he has probably bombed more tries than anyone in living memory ... sometimes by falling over in front of an open line.

Dazzat

First Grade
Just watching the Norths/Burleigh game ... Darren Nichols is showing some very promising signs. Great vision, great passing - and can kick goals from the sideline.

One wonders if the coach is even considering moving a proper half into the top job to replace Hoffman, or he's just going to keep going with the experiment/joke/disaster.

hellteam

First Grade
Nicholls looked great today and would be by far a better option than Hoffman. Unfortunately it would probably take about 6 losses in a row for him to get a shot.

We are just in limbo at the moment. We're not that bad and are winning a few games but its just going nowhere significant. Griffin will eventually get sacked and Hoffman will eventually return to the outside backs. Everyone knows this.

The problem is it will take an absolute collapse for anything to change and I don't think it will happen, we'll just cruise along, come 7th/8th and we'll be back in the same position next year

Dazzat

First Grade
Nicholls looked great today and would be by far a better option than Hoffman. Unfortunately it would probably take about 6 losses in a row for him to get a shot.

We are just in limbo at the moment. We're not that bad and are winning a few games but its just going nowhere significant. Griffin will eventually get sacked and Hoffman will eventually return to the outside backs. Everyone knows this.

The problem is it will take an absolute collapse for anything to change and I don't think it will happen, we'll just cruise along, come 7th/8th and we'll be back in the same position next year

Totally agree, however I'm open to being pleasantly surprised by Griffin if he chooses to change is modus operandi.

blaza88z

Coach
when you got fullbacks signing for 700k, 450k for a key playmaker with as much upside as Ben Hunt that's a bargain

Dazzat

First Grade
As the only half with first grade experience on the books at the club right now - Hunt should be an absolute priority. I put you this - what if we lost him? Plan B is ....?

Kiwi

First Grade
If Hunt was going to walk it would have been last year. He was still stuck on the bench as a back up hooker when he signed a two year extension. The way he is playing right now will certainly see him on a 500k+ contract with us. Right now even with Barba in the side and next year with Milford coming Hunt is the go to guy, he is creating for us, his running game is the best of any halfback in the comp, and his kicking and passing is improving with every game. I hate to say it, but his stint in hooker has made him a better player, especially in defence, we have a halfback who welcomes contact and can handle it.

Bronco18

Juniors
We don't lose him. That's Plan B, C and D as well.

If he has another season like this next year though and we're still to wrap him up, I could see a team like Melbourne making a really big play for him. You'd hope he'd stay though, he had plenty of chances to go to another club when he was out of favour in the years before, it seems he just wants to stay at the Broncos.

blaza88z

Coach
when Wayne Bennett wanted him at Newcastle and he knocked back the great man.. that said to me he's had a lifelong dream of being the main man at the Broncos

even if we pay overs, we simply cannot lose him to other clubs, outside of Hunt we have nothing in the halves currently or up and coming

Kiwi

First Grade
By the time Hunt's contract expires, we'll have plenty of up and coming halves.

Who may or may not be better. I would rather they take the 7 from him than be handed it. The 7 is Hunt's to lose. If he decides to leave then no need to panic sure, agree there, but we should be trying to keep him, Barba, Miflord and Hunt like every other player should need to perform to keep the next batch at bay and the next batch should need to be better to knock one of them out.

blaza88z

Coach
By the time Hunt's contract expires, we'll have plenty of up and coming halves.

who are they do you think BP?

I know you pay attention to 20's and QLD Cup, I just don't see anyone ramming that door down in the 20's like Hunt was when he won player of the year