What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Broncos Recruitment

Snappy

Coach
Article I read in the CM says 'appears increasingly unlikely Hannant and Wallace will be on Brisbane's books next year '.

Dazzat

First Grade
Article I read in the CM says 'appears increasingly unlikely Hannant and Wallace will be on Brisbane's books next year '.

Very concerning - particularly when you look at the list of props off contract at the end of this year, and the lack of talent in the ISC.

And who could blame Wallace for leaving - just as you couldn't blame Corey Norman. Griffin has sidelined Wallace on many occasions leaving him on the bench and not even given him a minute's play in many games. For a young guy coming through this must have been devastating - regardless of how Griffin couches it.

And Hannant. Well, from the outside it certainly now looks like the Broncos are club divided. The coach's camp, and the rest.

Kiwi

First Grade
I read the article and it could be read two ways, neither will be at the club or only one will be at the club, like I said unless they have signed replacements they won't let both walk out the door, that would be suicide

oikee

Juniors
White wont get sacked and shouldn't. He is responsible for off field stuff and has done that well. He has also done what everyone wished Cullen did and kept his nose out of the on field stuff. People can't have it both ways.

He has not pushed memberships we got beaten by souths to 30 thousand. That alone is sacking material right their.
Sack him and bring in a Netball CEO.
That is how much i think of Whitey, he is useless and just another bench-warmer.
We had a chance to sign a Green bay packer lady who was in charge of Membership growth and game day experience, the best in America,,,,,,, the Broncos got Whitey, who has had his head kicked in by Souths for membership numbers.

The sooner he is sacked and replaced, the quicker the Broncos can grow.

Kiwi

First Grade
He has not pushed memberships we got beaten by souths to 30 thousand. That alone is sacking material right their.
Sack him and bring in a Netball CEO.
That is how much i think of Whitey, he is useless and just another bench-warmer.
We had a chance to sign a Green bay packer lady who was in charge of Membership growth and game day experience, the best in America,,,,,,, the Broncos got Whitey, who has had his head kicked in by Souths for membership numbers.

The sooner he is sacked and replaced, the quicker the Broncos can grow.
I admire your passion even though at times I don't agree with you.

with our on field performances we have done well to not have numbers go backwards. When Souths drop off like we have they can only hope to maintain the numbers we have. it's not often teams thrive and improve off the field when it struggles on it.

oikee

Juniors
I admire your passion even though at times I don't agree with you.

with our on field performances we have done well to not have numbers go backwards. When Souths drop off like we have they can only hope to maintain the numbers we have. it's not often teams thrive and improve off the field when it struggles on it.

Yes i agree with you. I think not having a city derby is also holding the Broncos back as well.
We need a second team in Brisbane.

Kiwi

First Grade
Yes i agree with you. I think not having a city derby is also holding the Broncos back as well.
We need a second team in Brisbane.

I dunno I think the derby we have going with the Cowboys is very strong. The one with the Titans is improving but needs a competitive Titans for it to thrive. I think we will see a Broncos v Cowboys game pack suncorp to the brim next year when we have Milford, a better attack and hopefully no Griffin.

oikee

Juniors
You had one and nobody supported them.

Today is different to 20 years ago. I mean today Brisbane is a city, not a country town.
Nobody can deny Brisbane a local derby. Maybe fools and nutters would, but not sensible humans.

The real growth of league lies in it's heartland.
Not only do we get a true local derby, but the new team also has to play the Cows and ttians, so more derbies for Brisbane.
The NRL needs 3 teams in Brisbane.

oikee

Juniors
I dunno I think the derby we have going with the Cowboys is very strong. The one with the Titans is improving but needs a competitive Titans for it to thrive. I think we will see a Broncos v Cowboys game pack suncorp to the brim next year when we have Milford, a better attack and hopefully no Griffin.

Yes it is strong, but imagine the Cows and Titans having to play another Brisbane derby team.

I dont think you understand all the extra benefits of having extra Brisbane teams, you create more than just one derby you know.

I worked it out the other day, i think if we had one extra team in Brisbane, it would create a extra 6 Queensland derby games, if we had another two new teams in Brisbane, it would create over 15 extra derby games for Queensland. ?
Now imagine the growth out of that scenario. At the moment we have two derbies for the Broncos at Suncorp.
That is where the code has failed, gone wrong. They dont understand the logistics of Brisbane growth.

(that is based on the fact you play one home game and one away game against each of those Queensland teams).

Last edited:

Kiwi

First Grade
Watching the ISC game on tv. Watching Davis run around for Redcliffe makes we wonder why we have Hoffman in the 6 even more.

Also the front rower for the coast, the hig number 10 goes alright and has some decent hands and skills. Hansen.

Big Pete

Referee
Davis has been in decent form lately but he's pretty inconsistent and I don't think he'd be able to hack it at first grade.

I know, I know 'beggars can't be choosers' but Davis isn't the man.

You've got to remember too, the Sunshine Falcons are basically one big rabble who just lost their head coach. I reckon if you put Hoffman against them, he'd look like a decent player too.

Unsure what's going on with Hanson, but I agree he had a good performance in a well beaten side. He was apart of our side back in 2010 and played Australian Schoolboys with Macca, Hunt & Watene.

League guru

Juniors
Wasn't Hansen tied to the broncos previously when he was at norths. I thought Davis carried on a bit to day? a few cheap shots in a pathetic referring performance.

Big Pete

Referee
A better performance from Kodi, couple of good individual runs but I hope fans pick up on his defence (and total lack thereof) and the fact that it was his running game that was the only feature on show.

His passing and kicking both need work.

Dazzat

First Grade
Maranta and Wallace. Maranta the player who's been given plenty of game time and finally come good. Wallace, the player who's been given limited game time and hopefully one day will come good despite spending more time sitting on the bench than on he field.