What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Broncos Recruitment

hooch is crazy

Juniors
Brisbane won't be able to afford him.

hooch - It appears Bretto and I speak the same language. We've clarified the point for each other a few times now. Basically I don't rate any of those players mentioned nor do I think they're any chance of coming up here.

I will say that I don't mind Symonds but he'd only serve as depth and I believe we'd be better served promoting a player such as Frei than trying to relocate Tom who I believe if off to the Raiders anyways.

However, I will emphasize my point on Fonua is a dud because he is.

Fonua a dud? Outrageous. To make such a point and then actually emphasise it? Fonua is muscle-putty, to be shaped and moulded. Players with football brains are needed but so are big, fast, strong bastards. The ones we have are poop, I say.

hooch is crazy

Juniors
I think you're over thinking it, hooch, lol. "hooch is crazy" - Mahe Fonua - Ben Roberts - Nathan Merrit. I got it.

Nigguh+I+just+posted+something+I+found+funny+_eb401048c9e0e32681f0125b978dc203.png

I contend that it is YOU who is standing under the curved arrow, Mr Bretto sir.

hooch is crazy

Juniors
Out where? Reality? Cause..that's where you aren't. I AM lonely out here, in sense-making land. Without you guys. So...yeah. Hah. Burn.

Big Pete

Referee
Fonua a dud? Outrageous. To make such a point and then actually emphasise it? Fonua is muscle-putty, to be shaped and moulded. Players with football brains are needed but so are big, fast, strong bastards. The ones we have are poop, I say.

I just don't see it in Mahe, hooch.

I also have a strong opinion of Copley and Drew as well. We'll need to sign some depth so we can have some friendly competition for spots but believe there are better alternatives out there.

Kiwi

First Grade
Mitch Garbutt

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...rd-mitch-garbutt/story-fniabm4i-1226990115240

Good signing I guess, but we really need someone like a George Burgess who we know will make an impact, not another "maybe" or "potential" like Kennedy for example...

Considering the calibre and amount of clubs chasing him I think we did well to secure his signature. 7 clubs chasing him and we landed him. We won't be signing a George Burgess for next year, there isn't one off contract, it's either go for experienced props like TLL and Hannant or go for up and comers like Garbutt and Perrett. I would like to see us sign Lloyd Perrett still and lose Hannant and Kennedy if we have to.

hooch is crazy

Juniors
There be the final nail for Hannant. Even if Kennedy is turfed, it seems unlikely they'll use that money for Ben. Sigh.

Someone at the club needs to have a look at the game against Souths and have a look at how the forwards were walking back onside after the Rabbitohs clearing kicks and throwing arms out in defense. This was right from kickoff, too. Fatigue was not a factor.

Doubt it was a coincidence they lifted after Hannant came on and showed them how to bend the line and defend with enthusiasm.

Kiwi

First Grade
There be the final nail for Hannant. Even if Kennedy is turfed, it seems unlikely they'll use that money for Ben. Sigh.

Someone at the club needs to have a look at the game against Souths and have a look at how the forwards were walking back onside after the Rabbitohs clearing kicks and throwing arms out in defense. This was right from kickoff, too. Fatigue was not a factor.

Doubt it was a coincidence they lifted after Hannant came on and showed them how to bend the line and defend with enthusiasm.

If we keep Hannant fine, no issues with that, my issue with Hannant is for the last few years he has been inconsistent at best, he has shown in a few games what he can do, but McGuire has surpassed him as a front row leader. I certainly would mind if I saw Garbutt, Hannant, Oates and Nikorima/Taylor on the bench with McGuire and Parker starting. But Garbutt, Lloyd ( if we are smart and good enough to chase and land him ), Oates and Nikorima/Taylor looks just as good with a much longer furture.

Dazzat

First Grade
Garbutt was definitely the best of off-contract front rowers in terms of potential. It seems since Gee has departed our recruitment has improved.

Still a Hannant fan. I can't help but wonder if his inconsistent form is more to do with Griffin who dumped him for giving advice to a young player earlier in the year. The obvious best option is to pay out Kennedy and keep Hannant.

DeeJ

Bench
I think you fine that Hannant's inconsistency has alot to do with his injuries. When he's on top of them he has much bigger impact. Last year and this year he has carried injuries through most of the season.

Bronco Rob

Juniors
I certainly would mind if I saw Garbutt, Hannant, Oates and Nikorima/Taylor on the bench with McGuire and Parker starting. But Garbutt, Lloyd ( if we are smart and good enough to chase and land him ), Oates and Nikorima/Taylor looks just as good with a much longer furture.

Looks like we may lose Kodi to the Warriors.

Kiwi

First Grade
link?

also he would go from being behind Barba, Milford and Hunt to being behind Tomkins, Johnson and Townsend.