What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Broncos Recruitment

Dazzat

First Grade
Another fullback - meh ... we already have three on the books for next year. One more won't do any harm.

bfoord

Juniors
If we signed all the players we are linked to, we'd have a $10 million team running out every week. We are used by player managers to bump up the price of their clients.

And because the club never talk about recruitment and retention publicly, these player managers can get away with it.

gUt

Coach
If we signed all the players we are linked to, we'd have a $10 million team running out every week. We are used by player managers to bump up the price of their clients.

And because the club never talk about recruitment and retention publicly, these player managers can get away with it.

Just like the good old days, right LU?

Big Pete

Referee
Guerra would seem to be the ideal fit being a Qlder and all. What's Vaughan's allegiance?

Vaughan played for NSW Country earlier this year.

Broncos don't need another mobile forward, a big boppa wouldn't hurt.

Reckon the Broncos should try and bring in another back. With Yow Yeh retired and Mills leaving, think we should if we can pick up another Vidot type and turn trash into treasure.

Dazzat

First Grade
Vaughan played for NSW Country earlier this year.

Broncos don't need another mobile forward, a big boppa wouldn't hurt.

Reckon the Broncos should try and bring in another back. With Yow Yeh retired and Mills leaving, think we should if we can pick up another Vidot type and turn trash into treasure.

Vaughan weighs in at 107 kg (according to his profile) and is listed as a prop/lock. Looks a very likely player and more like a front-rowers build.

I haven't heard anything about the club approaching him, but seemed an ideal player for the club because of his aggressive approach.

Big Pete

Referee
Vaughan wouldn't be a bad signing but I don't know about him necessarily being aggressive rather he just has really good foot-work.

hooch is crazy

Juniors
Tom Symonds should be a target if they insist on letting Hannant go. Which would be insanity. InsHannanty.

Hannant Ben done enough to deserve a new contract??

Oh, the humHannanty.

Anywho, I'd like Mahe Fonua too, if possible.

Last edited:

hooch is crazy

Juniors
Accusations of drug use after I contribute some clever punnery? Well, I never.

I'm going to have to put on my detective's hat regarding the second half of your comment/question.

Ben Roberts and Nathan Merritt. How are they related to my comment and/or the Brisbane Broncos?

Roberts is an itinerant ne'er-do-well five-eighth and Merritt is a fading South Sydney club stalwart at winger. Both share the distinction of bearing no correlation to each other in the context of Brisbane's recruitment strategy or my comment.

Both Symonds and Fonua are young up-and-comers (giggity) who fill a need for depth, and thus do bear a correlation to each other in the context of Brisbane's recruitment strategy.

I'm afraid I have to ask for clarification on your point, old sport.

Bretto

Bench
I think you're over thinking it, hooch, lol. "hooch is crazy" - Mahe Fonua - Ben Roberts - Nathan Merrit. I got it.

Nigguh+I+just+posted+something+I+found+funny+_eb401048c9e0e32681f0125b978dc203.png

Big Pete

Referee
Brisbane won't be able to afford him.

hooch - It appears Bretto and I speak the same language. We've clarified the point for each other a few times now. Basically I don't rate any of those players mentioned nor do I think they're any chance of coming up here.

I will say that I don't mind Symonds but he'd only serve as depth and I believe we'd be better served promoting a player such as Frei than trying to relocate Tom who I believe if off to the Raiders anyways.

However, I will emphasize my point on Fonua is a dud because he is.

Last edited:

XXXX Cap

Juniors
Mitchell Frei is contracted to Wynnum not the Broncos these days.

Don't think he and Griffin see eye to eye so I suspect he might head elsewhere. Certainly close to NRL standard, has the size and speed that is necessary for a start.

Big Pete

Referee
Aye, I was just acknowledging the Seagulls as an affiliate more than anything.

I'd have in my current Broncos side ahead of a few others at this point.

Kiwi

First Grade
Here is one from left field. With Kennedy probably off at the end of the year, would it be worth throwing Mason a one year contract with an option for a second in the clubs favour. He has size and does put in, I know it's short term, but lets be honest short term is what we need here, another year or two for our young props in the under 20's to mature a little and have atleast a full season in the ISC under their belts before being thrown into first grade fulltime?

A prop rotation of McGuire, Parker, Mason and Wallace isn't to shabby. Mason could play an impact roll off the bench.

Bretto

Bench
Here is one from left field. With Kennedy probably off at the end of the year, would it be worth throwing Mason a one year contract with an option for a second in the clubs favour. He has size and does put in, I know it's short term, but lets be honest short term is what we need here, another year or two for our young props in the under 20's to mature a little and have atleast a full season in the ISC under their belts before being thrown into first grade fulltime?

A prop rotation of McGuire, Parker, Mason and Wallace isn't to shabby. Mason could play an impact roll off the bench.

I started reading this and was like, "Ummm no." I was going to post that immediately, but as I read on, strangely enough it makes some sense to me.

It's unlikely we'll retain Kennedy or Hannant, so I don't see harm in a 1 year deal as long as it's not stupid money. Just tell him all he has to do is run the ball hard and fast, straight up the middle - that's it. His experience could be invaluable for our youngsters, and like you said, another year maybe in the ISC for Molo, Ofahengaue, Grenkei and Arrow to see who we'll keep.

Not a terrible idea. However, I've heard rumours we're signing, or have signed still to be announced, a young prop who is up and coming. So who knows.

Kiwi

First Grade
I started reading this and was like, "Ummm no." I was going to post that immediately, but as I read on, strangely enough it makes some sense to me.

It's unlikely we'll retain Kennedy or Hannant, so I don't see harm in a 1 year deal as long as it's not stupid money. Just tell him all he has to do is run the ball hard and fast, straight up the middle - that's it. His experience could be invaluable for our youngsters, and like you said, another year maybe in the ISC for Molo, Ofahengaue, Grenkei and Arrow to see who we'll keep.

Not a terrible idea. However, I've heard rumours we're signing, or have signed still to be announced, a young prop who is up and coming. So who knows.

Any idea who it might be?

Latest posts