What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Broncos Recruitment

Dazzat

First Grade
Garbutt very impressive against Redcliffe. Big call ... but he has a little Beetson about him.

Snappy

Coach
we knew it was coming, but its now official. Granville has signed with the cowpats for 2015, 2016

edit. Sorry this is old news it appears

Last edited:

AceAv

Juniors
Yep not too happy about this. He's an amazing player and clearly deserves a first grade spot, but he's been really effective for us on the bench..

Can't keep em all =/

hellteam

First Grade
Garbutt is a great pick up, been dominating the Q Cup for the past few years and he is still quite young for a front rower. Really think he has massive potential, if we can keep him and McGuire we are looking good in the front row.

Wonder if Canberra would be interested in Barba...

Dazzat

First Grade
Best case scenario for me ... Bennett tells Hoffman to play wing and he does so gladly, Boyd, Rochow and Willie Mason come (yes Willie for one or two years) with Bennett, Barba leaves (for Canberra or Newcastle), Glenn packs a sad and leaves for Newcastle to play under Griffin.

All good!

Kiwi

First Grade
no to boyd or any knight now that we have garbutt adding size to the pack and Bennett coming. NO to seeing Barba get dumped.

I am extremely happy with the following

1 - Barba
2 - Vidot
3 - Copely
4 - Hodges
5 - Kahu
6 - Milford
7 - Hunt
8 - McGuire
9 - McCullough
10 - Parker
11 - Glenn
12 - Thaiday
13 - Gillett

14 - Garbutt
15 - Oates
16 - Hannant
17 - Wallace
18 - J Nikorima
19 - Molo
20 - Taylor
21 - Maranta
22 - Lowrie
23 - Hala
24 - Reed
25 - M Barba

Bretto

Bench
1. Milford
2. Vidot
3. Copley
4. Hodges
5. Hoffman
6. Barba
7. Hunt

8. McGuire
9. McCullough
10. Hannant
11. Thaiday
12. Gillett
13. Parker

14. Garbutt
15. Oates
16. Glenn
17. Wallace

Kiwi

First Grade
1. Milford
2. Vidot
3. Copley
4. Hodges
5. Hoffman
6. Barba
7. Hunt

8. McGuire
9. McCullough
10. Hannant
11. Thaiday
12. Gillett
13. Parker

14. Garbutt
15. Oates
16. Glenn
17. Wallace

I think the starting forward pack we have now is our best option with Hannant, Garbutt, Oates and Wallace adding impact off the bench.

gUt

Coach
Am I the only one who thinks Glenn is worth persisting with? Yeah he's not the biggest or fastest but I think he's a fine player. Then again I thought Wallace wasn't the mong everyone else did too so maybe I'm no judge

Kiwi

First Grade
Am I the only one who thinks Glenn is worth persisting with? Yeah he's not the biggest or fastest but I think he's a fine player. Then again I thought Wallace wasn't the mong everyone else did too so maybe I'm no judge
Nope I am certainly waving the glenn flag.

Dazzat

First Grade

Despite the statistics, he's not having his best year. Looks like a player who needs a fresh start. Quality player and person ... but just seems stale.

Bretto

Bench
Glenn is a good toiler. Takes hard meters when no one else will. But, he also goes missing a lot.

We need to drop either him or Thaiday to the bench so Parker can move to Lock and we can have 2 Props in the starting line up. It's all good and well to just say, "Yeah, but Parker plays middle third anyway", well yeah, he does, but he should do it from Lock. By that I mean, we currently play Thaiday at Lock, which means he needs to play middle. He should be playing on the edge.

McGuire, Hannant, Parker, Garbutt, Wallace to play middle.

Glenn, Gillett, Thaiday, Oates to play on the edges.

That's 4 genuine Props and a Lock, and 4 genuine Backrowers.

That's just my take on it anyway.

Kiwi

First Grade
Reports in the courier mail that Hunt will test his value on the open market. We need to stop f**king around hoping we sign DCE and lock Hunt up. Offer the kid 700k a season for 2 years. That way if he keeps getting better we can reward him further. The grass isn't always greener on the other side, and if wearen't careful we'll be in really bad shape because all our young halves will leave because we seem fixated on buying someone else.

I really just wish we would concentrate on the halves we have coming through in J Nikorima, Taylor sect as well as, Hunt and Milford.

Snappy

Coach
ha you beat me to it. Hunt is the future of our club. He must be offered a big long term contract.