What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Broncos Recruitment

GoTheBroncs

Staff member
I'm a bit surprised we released Gavet. Wallace/Offa have been great for us but we have been lacking a real enforcer off the bench. Would have been nice to see if that was Gavet.

Not too upset to see Drew go. Great ball runner in the under 20s but has a limited skill set.

some11

Referee
Anderson covers Drew.

Would've liked to see more of Gavet but if releasing more players nabs us Te'o I'm all for it.

Dazzat

First Grade
Teo is a gun defender and attacking weapon.

Off the field a very positive influence as well. He left Australia due to some very poor treatment by the press.

Ibleedblue

Juniors
What position would Teo play though. Glenn, Gillett and Parker have their spots tied down. He would mainly be an interchange player.

Dazzat

First Grade
What position would Teo play though. Glenn, Gillett and Parker have their spots tied down. He would mainly be an interchange player.

Glenn's form dropped off at the end of the year. Teo is twice the player of Glenn.

13. Parker
12. Teo
11. Thaiday
10. Blair
9. McCullough
8. McGuire

14. Gillet
15. Glenn
16. Wallace

That's a fair pack, even with Dodds and Gavet going.

DeeJ

Bench
Eugh, I hope we don't get Teo back. He has a bad stink about him.

I still can't get over him laughing when we suffered our worst defeat.

Dazzat

First Grade
http://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/da...eague-before-wwe/story-fndujljl-1227604119426

Sad to see Vidot go, when we still have Maranta.

Vidot would be one of the best metre eaters in the league in terms of making extra yards after he's tackled. But that's a quality you want in your forwards not your winger. I think this square peg/round hole perception of him cost him a regular spot at the Broncs where Bennett likes fast wingers who can catch bombs.

HayneKloppter

Juniors
http://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/da...eague-before-wwe/story-fndujljl-1227604119426

Sad to see Vidot go, when we still have Maranta.

Vidot would be one of the best metre eaters in the league in terms of making extra yards after he's tackled. But that's a quality you want in your forwards not your winger. I think this square peg/round hole perception of him cost him a regular spot at the Broncs where Bennett likes fast wingers who can catch bombs.

vidot was not a forward because he offered no impact after the tackle, all he was doing was dragging a few meters, but offering zero chance of an offload and simply allowing opposition defences to get their 10 meters ready as he lumbered his extra meter or 2.

Dazzat

First Grade
Wingers aren't usually in a position to offload if they are returning kicks. And generally you don't want them offloading on the first tackle, in your own half.

Paul Gallen is probably the best at making metres after he's tackled, but you are right, it's not always a great move to do so, and quick play the balls are better (on most occasions).

HayneKloppter

Juniors
Wingers aren't usually in a position to offload if they are returning kicks. And generally you don't want them offloading on the first tackle, in your own half.

Paul Gallen is probably the best at making metres after he's tackled, but you are right, it's not always a great move to do so, and quick play the balls are better (on most occasions).

gallen still presents an offloading threat as does corey parker when he trudges similar to vidot, the threat keeps defenders on their toes and presents many quick play the balls,...which vidot does not.

Dazzat

First Grade
There's been a lot of hype around Carlin. But from what I have seen the guy can't tackle. Hope that I am wrong or he can improve it.

Neither could Steve Renouf when he came to grade. Turned out to be one of the best 3/4 hitters around.

Let's hope Bennett can weave his magic again. Anderson wouldn't be in my starting 17 anyway.

Dazzat

First Grade
Neither could Steve Michaels... And he stayed shit

Michaels and Boyd came to grade at the same time. Michaels was definitely the more impressive to start off with. Boyd just used to run sideways a lot.

Then Bennett left for St George with Boyd of course. Michaels had some dud coaches. Given then right coach he probably would have been OK I reckon.

Mogsheen Jadwat

Juniors
Michaels broke his leg early on in 2006 and that pretty much f**ked his chances. At one stage he was being spoken about as being in the mix for origin so he was clearly playing well enough.

Then Beau Champion (i think) destroyed Michaels forever. That was lol.

Latest posts