What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Broncos Recruitment

Dazzat

First Grade
I wonder whether Griffin's tenure changes anything about the way Henjack should be perceived

Doubt it ... due to Henjak's failure to inspire the Sunshine Coast club in the Q Cup. Tough job, because they had just lost their partnership with Manly, and it was before the new partnership with Melbourne.

Some guys have tough luck. I think the team won about one game under Henjak.

Bronco18

Juniors
Hodges reportedly considering retirement after this season - he'll make a call after the Origin season finishes. It's a shame he didn't make a call before Gagai resigned with the Knights, oh well.
Kahu, Copley and Reed fighting it out as the centres for next year with Jayden Nikorima being a possibility. I guess we'll be in the market for an outside back, for depth if nothing else.

EDIT: Does Jayden Nikorima have a future in first grade as a centre? I used to think he was too small but Gagai has shown that a smaller frame can still match it against the best. I haven't been following the U20s close enough to know if his skills are better utilised elsewhere.

Last edited:

hellteam

First Grade
Nikorima would be quite a bit smaller than Gagai.

J.Nikorima - 174cm, 82kg
Gagai - 182cm, 91kg

Anyway, Copley is a more than capable replacement, can't believe he can't make our team at the moment

Dazzat

First Grade
There's Whitchurch (if he can learn to hold the ball) and Opacic waiting in wings, as well as young Jordan Drew.

I was disappointed when we missed out on Gagai as he seemed the perfect replacement for Hodges.

The list of outside backs who have slipped through our fingers is long and quite deflating to read, so actually recruiting one would be awesome.

Dazzat

First Grade
Nikorima would be quite a bit smaller than Gagai.

J.Nikorima - 174cm, 82kg
Gagai - 182cm, 91kg

Anyway, Copley is a more than capable replacement, can't believe he can't make our team at the moment

Bennett preferring Maranta over Copley ... hard to believe.

Bronco18

Juniors
In other news: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...h-reynolds-in-a-shootout-20150512-ggzwvo.html

"Since that defeat though the Cowboys have settled on a spine of Lachlan Coote, Michael Morgan, Johnathan Thurston and Jake Glanville, which is really working for them."

By day Gus is a proud New South Welshman and works as Panthers GM... but by night is a true Queenslander, secretly contributing to Brisbane Broncos threads on League Unlimited.

XXXX Cap

Juniors
Whoops, I've hit some Wynnum nerve... :p

I've seen both players play and they are very similar imo. Good service, great game awareness, very good defenders, very quick out of dummy half and both can go hard from the 1st minute to the 80th minute.

I'd rate Parcell as slightly quicker and with more upside. Of course Granville's experience should and does count for something.

If Granville was still at Broncos I reckon Parcell could play NRL for Cowboys, the role Granville is doing now. Just my opinion.

Your man hasn't looked back since you mentioned him. Parcell is having an outstanding season, just hope he doesn't have to wait five years like Granville for a decent crack at the next level.

He is well bred with that Parcell blood.

GoTheBroncs

Staff member
Your man hasn't looked back since you mentioned him. Parcell is having an outstanding season, just hope he doesn't have to wait five years like Granville for a decent crack at the next level.

He is well bred with that Parcell blood.

Glad to hear he is still going well. Bad news is that McCullough has been given the captaincy this week (overtaken Glenn) so obviously the Broncos/Bennett see him as their long term option at Hooker. It's a real shame as I don't rate him.

Granville has already surpassed Macca and I fear that Parcell will also at another club. I don't wish injury on anyone but I don't think it would hurt the Broncos too much if Parcell had a 3 week window to perhaps show what he can do at NRL level

Dazzat

First Grade
It's the mistakes in his game that cruels him.

I also think he's a bit of a "square peg/round hole" player.

He needs a little bit more speed to be a top winger. He plays like a second rower, but hasn't the stamina or hands to play in the forwards.

AceAv

Juniors
Ya I agree Dazzat.

I just love his ability to get those big runs that gets our set on a roll. No other bronco can really do this at the moment. However he was well contained on Saturday and came up with some crucial errors.

He's kind of a poor mans Alex Glenn at the moment for mine. Hate to lose him of course because our depth this year has been quite good, but surely there are some good replacements coming through the ranks atm..

chigurh

There's Jordan Drew, made his NRL debut in 2013 and is still only 20 years old. Seems to have a blinder every time I watch him play

Dazzat

First Grade
Why in the blue moon are we thinking about letting go of Taylor? Fair dinkum.

Well I guess the club has resolved that Hunt and Milford will be the halves for along time to come. They could be at No. 6 and 7 for the next five-six years, so why hold Taylor back?

Taylor will be ready to play first grade in the next year or two, so if he stays at the club he'll be bumping around the Intrust Super Cup when he could be in the NRL.

I think the club is doing the right thing by Taylor.

As far as back up ... not sure what the club has in mind, but I'd imagine the Nikorima brothers will be a priority.