What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Broncos targeting Jason Demetriou

Gareth67

First Grade
It appears that many of us realise all too well , a disturbing aspect of the Joint Ventures business acumen - it just does not exist .

Bennett is doing what all successful clubs do , he is planning for Brisbane's future , whereas the Dragons do not . Our Board is living in today , and to a certain degree yesteryear , and tomorrow . . . . well that will take care of itself .

As has already been said , make a press statement to the media of their intentions concerning Jason Demetriou's future with the Club , put our fears to rest , but whatever , do not just sit still and hope that it will all go away , as that is how cobwebs are formed . Those same cobwebs will eventually suffocate the Dragons , as a team and a Club .

Perhaps the Joint Venture's board should be in the Funeral industry , as they would be quiet successful in that business .

Last edited:

betcats

Referee
Dousty is one Mary contract extension away from having a lynch mob burn down his house and slaughter all of his descendants.

Jubileeboy

First Grade
I was happy to lose Demetriou if an experienced coach was appointed. I struggle to see how losing him before that has happened is a good thing - but of course Jubileeboy has no trouble finding the bright side of every steaming turd that trickles from the club's gaping anus

Where have I expressed my joy in this, you clown? You really are quite obtuse.
You do understand what a question is, right?

Saint-Fez

Juniors
Last year we finished 11th, only scored 36 more points than a team who won 1 game all year (Newcastle) and the coach was done for DUI. With stats like that you'd think it was all but certain that the board would be looking for a new coach, however not only does the board refuse to do this, they strangely make a public statement backing the coach, needlessly limiting their options moving forward.

Meanwhile, the current NSW cup coach has been involved in 3 consecutive premierships, with 3 different teams, in 3 different competitions.... yet that is not enough to be considered for a coaching role. It has been widely publicised that due to our financial situation we can't afford an experienced head coach, taking that into consideration I honestly don't see how someone could be more qualified for the coaching role than JD.

FlameThrower

Bench
I find it amazing that the club, with all this noise happening, releases no statement or press release on any of our issues. Instead lets just feed them player reviews, that will keep the masses happy.
The Board for all we know are probably sunning themselves on holiday in the Bahamas or somewhere similar, totally oblivious to the "goings on" of the football club.
Where is the update on recruiting? Vaughan and now Shaun Nona, who else are we targeting, seeing pre-season begins in 2-3 weeks. Who is our new head of medical (replacing Ayoub) and who are the support team around him/her? Where are the words of wisdom emanating from our illustrious HC eg: plans, ideas etc for 2017? Who will play in what position and what is being done to prepare them for pre-season?
Yesterday, the Dogs announced the signing of 6 players, including our own Tom Carr. We release SFA with regards to anything.......just player reviews (whilst entertaining in some aspects, the reality of statistics clearly show how pathetic we were this year).
Now we have the issue of Jason Demetriou. Probably, heir apparent to a first grade gig, when the opportunity arises (with any club). We have him at the moment, but that means nothing in today's world. Millward and Co (Doust etc) will probably say "well he's contracted to us for 2017", however, so was Ayoub and last year Mullholland. They will probably sit dumbfounded at this development, heads buried in the ground, hoping it will all go away.
With membership meandering (I think someone posted we are now on 3800), you would think alarm bells would be ringing through the halls of our management, but dare I say the lights on but no-one's home.
The Board and Doust have foolishly backed themselves into a corner, publically stating McGregor is the future and that we should back our team and club if we are "true" supporters. They have severely underestimated the tidal wave of discontent that poorly worded, and poorly intended press releases have caused amongst the masses.
The "Committee" headed by Mark Coyne, seems to be, at the very least, trying to uncover the truth of the Dragons current demise. However, like all well intended plans, our club's Board will politely look at the recommendations, thank them for their time and then file under "things to do in 2019".
W need serious help to not only become a power club again, but to at least take the first steps to recovery. At the moment we are legless and headless, and no body in our management circle seems to care as long as the flesh isn't rotting. Little do they know, it already has.
So in summary...we are farrrked..

FlameThrower

Bench
With all the toys being thrown out of the cot, does this mean that those same people are happy to have another rookie coach for at least the next 2 years?
I think JD is a better coach than McGregor but is he what we need? Because that's what will happen...
(Any established coach would be better than McGregor)
Due respect - which other established coach??? Cleary without a job and knocked us back apparently...the cupboard is empty.

FlameThrower

Bench
If he leaves I am over this mob.I have been a champion of supporting our great club but this is the game breaker for me.Doust and his grubby in house mates can stick it up their proverbial.
Spot on...but 3000 odd reckon it's all good and have renewed membership..

TheOnlyTeam

Juniors
Who knows, those 3800 member renewals maybe feeling stupid now.

Why is everyone so sure that Mary will be sacked if we fail again next year. All measures of competence have failed yet he is still around and the board say he has a bright future. The players will get the blame for failure, even the juniors won't want to play for us.

If JD leaves the great committee have failed their first test.

THE CHAMP

First Grade
In situations like this you will always get a decent number of renewals because plenty of people will see it as a great opportunity to improve their seats.

I still don't see why he left the Cowboys with his family wanting a return to Sydney just to move on again.

That was the reason why he returned in the first place he made that well known.

He also stated how great the season was for the Cutters and how he is looking forward to next year.

If he does go and Ayoub has gone then the coaching staff as medical will be an utter joke.

Emu01

Juniors
This is just the icing on the cake! I can't believe how incompetent this club is!!

We cannot sign any decent players. The club doesn't sack the worst coach ever, and lets the best up and comer coach in game go!

words can't describe how bad this club is running atm..I still don't know why Mary was retained for next season should have sacked him as soon as the season finished..

Maybe that was the final straw for JD aswell..

dragons77

Juniors
Mary is very stubborn and does not involve others to assist. JD threatened to go to bronx, all of a sudden Nona gets a contract. This is the board trying to get JD to stay. Nona is miles ahead of hutch, if anyone thinks hutch is fg, think again. Our club is un chaos and sooner we get rid of mary and some of the board, the better. Boys club has to go.

Latest posts