What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Broncos targeting Jason Demetriou

I find it funny if it is true then whats the whole story about coming home for family reasons just to walk away less then 12 months later to the state he left in the first place.

BringTheNoise

Juniors
I find it funny if it is true then whats the whole story about coming home for family reasons just to walk away less then 12 months later to the state he left in the first place.

12 months working under McGregor and those family reasons probably went out the window. From JD's point of view I doubt it was a tough decision.

emu62

Juniors
True or not true this shows the Broncos who reputably have one of the best coaches in the league are forward planning for his succession a few years away
We, who currently have a inept fool of a coach who would struggle with a team of 6 year olds, have no succession plan whatsoever
Any wonder why we are in the position we are in

Dragsters

First Grade
Tough decision or not for JD, if this is true (and for the record, I too will wait for official confirmation) then the decision to stick with Mary and not take the smarter, cheaper and more obviously correct decision to promote JD could turn out to be the worst decision the board has ever made and will probably come back to haunt them for a long time to come.

Did anyone actually expect the club to promote JD.

It was never going to happen that was so obvious when the club didn't have the balls to sack Mary after his drink driving charge.

Hell even Gordon thinks the club is a joke why do you think he isn't going to offer the NRL money to buy more shares he knows the club is totally stuffed.

The committe they have brought in his laugable and throwing Coyne in was a trick play to try and appease the fans.

I see David Walsh taking over the Cutters and they will go backwards.

Gareth67

First Grade
I did Coast , I really believed that J.D. would be at the helm after 6-8 weeks .
After that I thought that the team would improve and . . . . .

I would like to wait for confirmation , however the way that the Dragons Board operates this comes as no surprise .

Possibly both Demetriou and Gordon gone in the same day , where will it all end ?

I did Coast , I really believed that J.D. would be at the helm after 6-8 weeks .
After that I thought that the team would improve and . . . . .

I would like to wait for confirmation , however the way that the Dragons Board operates this comes as no surprise .

Possibly both Demetriou and Gordon gone in the same day , where will it all end ?
Mary will last the year thats the way i see it.

Beyond that who knows but i just don't see him getting the sack after just a few games.

Gordon i honestly can say now he may just walk away his token offer isn't what the NRL is looking for they want their money and nothing else.

The Dragons are basically pushing shit up hill and that shit pile is getting bigger.

Reactions: Qdf

Dragonslayer

First Grade

Beyond that who knows but i just don't see him getting the sack after just a few games.

Gordon i honestly can say now he may just walk away his token offer isn't what the NRL is looking for they want their money and nothing else.

The Dragons are basically pushing shit up hill and that shit pile is getting bigger.

This exactly Coast

Gareth67

First Grade

Coast , brutally honest as always , however it would appear that will be the case .

We certainly cannot blame the NRL for expecting Gordon to repay the outstanding debt , with ' real ' money and not the reported free advertising - cannot believe that he would put that proposal forward .

As for that ever growing shat pile , one can only hope that the Board members drown in it.

Jubileeboy

First Grade

With respect Coast...we are well advanced in discussions with WINCORP and much further down the track than another re-hashed article from the Mole and RLW would have you believe. As this is a milestone in the JV and NRL licensing models, due diligence from the St George side is ongoing to ensure we end up with the best fit for all. Again, Old Moley is off the mark with this one.

Bench
Do you blame him if he left, not me, he would be walking into a well oiled organization

Do you blame him if he left, not me, he would be walking into a well oiled organization

Maybe JD understands that the club is chasing an experienced Head Coach for 2018 (Hasler reported) and understands if he stays he might get the gig for only half a season.

Can't blame him if that's the case.

However everyone can see he seems to be a very strong coach / leader so it's a big decision either way for the Dragons.

Try and keep the fans happy and target an experienced Coach (as we have all been asking for) or give the gig to another rookie (yes the best by a country mile from the other two "waterboys") and then risk failure again and fans threatening to burn he grandstand down.

True or not true this shows the Broncos who reputably have one of the best coaches in the league are forward planning for his succession a few years away
We, who currently have a inept fool of a coach who would struggle with a team of 6 year olds, have no succession plan whatsoever
Any wonder why we are in the position we are in

The rumour must be false.

Surely Uncle Wayne wouldn't even dream of taking anybody from the Dragons to a club he is now at :confused:

Gareth67

First Grade
With respect Coast...we are well advanced in discussions with WINCORP and much further down the track than another re-hashed article from the Mole and RLW would have you believe. As this is a milestone in the JV and NRL licensing models, due diligence from the St George side is ongoing to ensure we end up with the best fit for all. Again, Old Moley is off the mark with this one.

Geeeze , I hope you are correct about that .
The Dragons need someone to pay of that debt , and inject some much needed capital into the Joint Venture coffers .

At this stage I don't care if his name is Bruce Gordon or Ned Kelly , as without that financial assistance I cannot see a future for our team .

Tez

Juniors
When Shaun Nona ( who's had a very good working relationship with JD over recent years ) reversed his decision to go back to North Queensland it appeared to be an indication JD was staying. It could have been just the chance to play NRL, so I too will just wait for an official announcement.

denis preston

First Grade
Well glass half full scenario..... JD knows that Hasler is taking over in 2018 and like Bennett before him Dessie has had a say in what we do next year ( unofficially and off the record of course ) The club won't stand in JD's way to go to the donkeys as they don't want to risk him being a great success as caretaker coach next year from mid season ( a la Paul Roos at Swans ) With coaching and ownership in hiatus at present it looks like either way 2017 is going to be a sacrificial year.

Sigurd

Juniors
If the Broncos are really planning on having him take over from Bennett, it doesn't bode well for his ability based on previous experience. Unless the Broncos are doing it without Bennetts input. I mean, supercoach Price and Ivan Henjak, both enthusiastically promoted by Bennett, didn't turn out so well.