What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Broncos team 2009

Lycon79

Juniors
Ben Hunt was out standing yesterday will he get a shot at 1st grade next year??

I reckon through the origin period it would be a good chance to blood him and see how he goes.

Hanscholo

Bench
Time to move on from last night what will the team be for next year with all the players leaving here is what i think

1. Hunt
2. Michaels
3. Hodges
4. Falou
5. Hoffman
6, Lockyer
7. Wallace
8. Kenny
9. Gorrell
10. Clinton
11. Parker
12. Thaiday
13. Stagg

Interchange:
McCullough, Taylor, Sims, palmer

Im kinda bemused as to why the bronocos bought Folau. Not withstanding the obvious. You now have two right centres, congratulations.

You cant move Hodges even though he can step off both feet, his right foot step is much better. Folau has proven a couple of times that he struggles on the left. So where are you going to play folau? In the back row or the wing? Cause he wont do much at left centre.

Keeping Ennis and Boyd imo was a much smarter move.

neddy

Juniors
1. hunt
2. yow yeh
3. hodges
4. folau
5. michaels
6. lockyer
7. wallace
8. kenny
9. gorrell
10. Clinton
11. Parker
12. thaiday
13. Setu

14. Spence
15. Marsh
16. Teo
17. sims

round 1

charlie frith

Juniors
1. Hunt
2.Michaels
3. Folau
4. Hodges
5. Yow Yeh
6. Lockyer
7. Wallace
8. Kenny
9. Gorrell
10. Thaiday
11. Parker
12. Teo
13. Setu
14. Stagg
15. Taylor
16. Sims
17. McCulloch

Young guns Hunt, Hoffman, Tupou and McGuire to get a run around Origin. Clinton and Marsh to struggle to get a start.

Go The Roos

Juniors
1.Karmichael Hunt
2.Steve Michaels
3.Justin Hodges
4.Israel Folau
5.Jarryl Yow Yeah
6.Darren Lockyer
7.Peter Wallace
8.Nick Kenny
9.Aaron Gorrell
10.Dave Taylor
11.Corey Parker
12.Sam Thaiday
13.Ben Te'o

14.Pj Marsh
15.Lagi Setu
16.Ashton Simms
17.Joel Clinton

CHRIS SANDOW

Juniors
I keep hearing about this kid ''Jarryl Yow Yeah'', is he in the steve renouf mould??? Who could you compare him to in the NRL???

emil1989

Juniors
I keep hearing about this kid ''Jarryl Yow Yeah'', is he in the steve renouf mould??? Who could you compare him to in the NRL???

he's pretty gun..he's like folau/inglis when they play on the wing..he's quick and hard to stop in the air..if folau and yow yeh are on the same side then good luck if your the winger and centre defending to the high balls

Terry-Randal

Juniors
i think the broncos have lost too much talent but could finish 6 or 7. Next year will be the Manly vs Manly show lol theres no other team out there that looks too flash.

Terry-Randal

Juniors
who softened the storm Look at manlys semis St george were thumped 34-6 and manly rested the last 20 minutes to avoid injury. Warriors who had won their last 10 out of 11 matches ,beat the storm and thumped the roosters were beaten 38-6 and manly rested the last 20 mins. then Manly thumped the storm 40 - 0 . Manly are no flukes cant wait for broncos next year i wreckon manly will make a mess out of them.

hellteam

First Grade
Tery Randall i wouldnt talk too soon look what happened to the panthers in 03 bulldogs 04 and tigers in 05... went down quick

Billigan

Juniors
This will be my team off the top of my head.
1.Karmichael Hunt
2. Steve Michaels
3.Israel folau
4. Justin Hodges
5.Josh Hoffman
6.Darren Lockyer (C)
7. Peter Wallace
8. Nick Kenny
9. Aaron gorrell
10. Joel Clinton
11. Corey Parker
12. Sam Thiaday
13. Lagi Setu

14. PJ Marsh
15. Dave Taylor
16.Ben Teo
17.Ashton Sims

I think this team could win it next year if we dont get injuries. We wont have the depth next year in the forward pack.

Big Pete

Referee
Here's an unofficial squad I posted in the NRL Board.

1. Isaak Ah Mau
2. Ryan Barton
3. Gerald Beale
4. Joel Clinton
5. Israel Folau
6. Alex Glenn
7. Aaron Gorrell
8. Tom Hewitt
9. Justin Hodges
10. Josh Hoffman
11. Ben Hunt
12. Karmichael Hunt
13. Nick Kenny
14. Darren Lockyer
15. PJ Marsh
16. Kaine Manihera
17. Andrew McCullough
18. Josh McGuire
19. Corey Parker
20. Reece Robinson
21. Lagi Setu
22. Ashton Sims
23. Michael Spence
24. David Stagg
25. Dave Taylor
26. Ben Te'o
27. Sam Thaiday
28. Will Tupou
29. Palmer Wapau
30. Tim Yee
31. Jharal Yow Yeh

Smiley

Bench
If you look on the Broncos website, they have removed Ennis, Hannant, Kemp, Emmett, Watkins, Robinson and Manihera but Boyd is still on there. Tom Hewitt is still listed along Wapau, Ah Mau and Barton.

Have Robinson and Manihera been released or just won't be in the top 25 and just dual registered?

Big Pete

Referee
I knew of Watkins and heard murmers about Robinson and Manihera but never anything official. I suppose that course of action confirms it?

ethos

Live Update Team
I swear I remember reading in the small print of an article that Robinson was being released next season.

But I haven't heard anything since, I may have misread..