What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Broncos team 2009

wat a side we have for 2009 baby.

Hunt
Hoffman
Hodges
Folau
DeVere
Locky
Wally
Teo
Parker
Thaiday
Clinton
Gorrell
Sims

Stagg
Kenny
Setu
Taylor
Marsh

Last edited:

Alfie

Juniors
wat a side we have for 2009 baby.

Hunt
Hoffman
Hodges
Folau
DeVere
Locky
Wally
Teo
Parker
Thaiday
Clinton
Gorrell
Sims

Stagg
Kenny
Setu
Taylor
Marsh

What about Steve Michaels???
My Team would be:

1. Hunt
2. Michaels
3. Hodges
4. Folau
5. Yow Yeh/Devere
6. Lockyer
7. Wallace
8. Kenny
9. Gorrell
10. Clinton
11. Parker
12. Thaiday
13. Stagg

14. Marsh
15. Setu
16. Taylor
17. Te'o

18. Sims
19. McCullough
20. Hoffman

Big Pete

Referee
The 25 Man Squad was announced in the Broncos magazine for next year.

It includes:

Gerard Beale
Joel Clinton
Israel Folau
Aaron Gorrell
Tom Hewitt
Justin Hodges
Josh Hoffman
Ben Hunt
Karmichael Hunt
Nick Kenny
Darren Lockyer
PJ Marsh
Andrew McCullough
Josh McGuire
Steve Michaels
Corey Parker
Lagi Setu
Ashton Sims
David Stagg
Dave Taylor
Ben Te'o
Sam Thaiday
Will Tupou
Peter Wallace
Palmer Wapau

Source: BRONCO Issue 03 2008

renouf

Juniors
We should be looking at a big year for Kenny, hopefully Henjak will put Taylor into gear and Sims will get better after a season under his belt.

emil1989

Juniors
no yow yeh,wow thats a shocker..De vere wont go in the top 25..theyll give him incentive payments and all that sort of crap

cant wait to see wapau play..pretty strong roster
4 props only though..dont know bout it..lets hope it wont affect us

looks like hewitt and got spots over yow yeh which is weird..they probably want yow yeh to play qld cup first i guess because they consider that as the stronger competition than NYC

Stizyler

Juniors
The 25 Man Squad was announced in the Broncos magazine for next year.

It includes:

Gerard Beale
Joel Clinton
Israel Folau
Aaron Gorrell
Tom Hewitt
Justin Hodges
Josh Hoffman
Ben Hunt
Karmichael Hunt
Nick Kenny
Darren Lockyer
PJ Marsh
Andrew McCullough
Josh McGuire
Steve Michaels
Corey Parker
Lagi Setu
Ashton Sims
David Stagg
Dave Taylor
Ben Te'o
Sam Thaiday
Will Tupou
Peter Wallace
Palmer Wapau

Source: BRONCO Issue 03 2008
No Sweeny and Yow Yeh are the big shockers, but really a top 25 doesn't mean much, most clubs use about 30 players in a season at least. Also there is nothing on the Broncos website yet so i expect it will change dramatically.

Big Pete

Referee
Relax guys the only the Top 25 highest players make the list. The likes of Yow Yeh and Sweeney are training with the Broncos as we speak.

EagleDragon

Juniors
broncos sold so many of there good player just to get folau. also u guys are losing ur super coach, good luck to the broncos, they will really need it.

Big Pete

Referee
While Folau didn't help things the likes of Hannant and Kemp were offered hefty contracts believed to be 350K and 250K respectively. There was no way we could compete with those offers.

broncos sold so many of there good player just to get folau. also u guys are losing ur super coach, good luck to the broncos, they will really need it.

haha sure, look at our backline, we dnt need any luck but you'll need plenty in rnd 4 when darius marks up against Folau or Hodges, hahaha mismatch of the century.

Springwood

Juniors
Looks like gorrel is gone for the year did his acl in training suspected but fear the worst as this is going to be the most likely scenario!!!

Lycon79

Juniors
Although I was looking foward to seeing gorrell in a broncos jumper all is not lost this just gives Andrew McMcCullough a chance to stand up and I think he will going by the way he played in the NYC and NRL last year.

Big Pete

Referee
Damn that's a sour blow. Luckily though we have both Marsh and McCullough who can certainly fill in. Marsh was one of our best players at the start of the season and I rate his style of play better than Ennis' while McCullough is just a younger version of Cameron Smith who could really make something of himself in the next few years.