What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Broncs game

Maroon4life

Juniors
I don't see us flogging the Dragons, the Broncos haven't put anyone to the sword yet, just done enough to win. This isn't the same side as it was last year, not yet.

Your defence is good, it held for the first half vs the cows, I think it will be a contest with the broncos going 1-12.

FlameThrower

Bench
Broncos would have us beaten already, so we are well and truly the underdogs, if we come out with right attitude and get some luck go our way ,who knows what can happen. There's also that weird fact about Bennet struggling to beat his ex coached teams?
As long as we are committed and give it a red hot go, I'd be be happy, can't accept a white flag rollover again.. I'll be tipping them in my tipping comp!

blacksafake

First Grade
I'll be there with pride. I don't know, every time under Mary, we get flogged we come back next game and give it everything. He gives them a great spray methinks, and with his comments about personnel changes, the players know they are on notice. Everyone thinks we are going to get pumped but I don't. If we offload and have our forwards taking the majority of hit ups for the second phase play, who knows. See all of you there. Hopefully not too many brawls with the wankoes fans.
Dont hold your breath.When they do offload they are normally standing still or passing it to somebody who has the defence up in their faces.
The other thing they should do is when the broncos are attacking our line is to give a penalty away because bennett coached sides normally take the 2 which is better than 4 or 6.:roll:

Wittenberg

Juniors
I think two things will happen this week. Firstly, there will be no changes, Milne went off injured, so is Mann and Carr and Dufty are 'gaining experience" in the Cutters due to our fear of blooding youngsters. FFL might get a run but he is only an average footballer who the Cows didn't want. The second thing that will happen is that the team will play well this week, but will we win? Probably not, but anything Will be better than last week, but I will cheer them on as much as possible .

A week is a long time in football.

Broncs will be overconfident.

Our mob will come
Out firing like there is no tomorrow for 20 minutes.

If we score first, it could be an interesting game

duck

Juniors

Our mob will come

Love the optimism. Not enough of it around here.

Minh

First Grade

Our mob will come

Funny but true, we are like the 20 minute champs....

and we do need to score first to keep up the mojo...

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Looks like Dunamis Lui has been added to the squad.
Wonder if he is just cover or will be included in the 17.....and at who's expense?
My guess he will come in for Havili, can't see him replacing anyone else.

BennyV

Referee
Looks like Dunamis Lui has been added to the squad.
Wonder if he is just cover or will be included in the 17.....and at who's expense?
My guess he will come in for Havili, can't see him replacing anyone else.

I would say he's replace Marketo.

blacksafake

First Grade
I would say he's replace Marketo.
Hope so but i have a funny feeling he won't.I think Luis has something to offer but the main problem may be just how far off the pace he may be with no minutes so far this season.

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
Hope so but i have a funny feeling he won't.I think Luis has something to offer but the main problem may be just how far off the pace he may be with no minutes so far this season.

I hope so to...we saw what to expect with what no minutes does...classic example was Havili last week....at times Marys selections leave me speechless, so anything can happen Friday night.

getsmarty

Immortal
St George Illawarra Dragons winger Peter Mata'utai ready for Brisbane Broncos

By Andrew Parkinson
April 6, 2016, 5 a.m.
https://www.facebook.com/sharer/sha...com.au/story/3822828/tough-draw-not-to-blame/http://twitter.com/share?url=http:/...ext=Tough draw not to blame&via=theleadernews

Winger Peter Mata’utia says while the Dragons have one of the tougher draws in the competition the team saw their difficult run as an opportunity.
St George Illawarra face Brisbane tomorrow night in the second game of their three-match Queensland road trip following on from their disappointing loss to North Queensland.
While Mata’utia wasn’t in the team to play the Storm in Melbourne on the opening night he has fought back, playing every game since and putting in a number of solid performances.
The 25-year-old, now in his third season at the club, told The Leader the Dragons’ difficult draw was not an issue.
“We had a tough draw last year and I suppose it’s tougher this year,” he said.
“But this club’s built on toughness and being competitive which is what we’ve been working hard to be about.”
Mata’utia said St George Illawarra were ready to prove the doubters wrong again and was confident the team would improve on their indifferent start to the season.

“Personally I think we’re a top four team,” he said.
“A lot of people have written us off but they wrote us off last year as well.
“I thought we were unlucky to finish [where we did] last year.
“We got hit with a lot of injuries all at the one time.

“And the feeling we have here, I don’t think anything could break us.
“We’re really tight and challenge each other and do everything we can to get the two points every week.”
The former Australian Schoolboys representative said the spirit within the squad was what motivated him to keep fighting for his place.
“I set goals just to help challenge myself and have something to look forward to,” he said.

“There are quality backs in our team and it’s good for the team.
“We’re a really tight bunch and whoever gets the spot will definitely do the job.
“We’re all in it together.”

http://www.theleader.com.au/story/3822828/tough-draw-not-to-blame/?cs=3833

saintjeff

Juniors
Why not go for broke .
We played conservative and got pumped by cows, why not throw caution to the wind ,whats the difference if we get beaten by a big score at least we went for it
If relying on our defence as our best shot
I would much rather have a team who can score points , and lose rather than a team who relies on its defence and still concedes +30.
Either
A We need a new coach
B We need to go and buy new players

The Partisan

Made the late call to catch the game at the ground.

Hoping the Broncos are out of 'umph' after the two 'local' derbys and the Dragons get them on an 'off' night !

Don't like the chances of this happening though !

I'm with one of the earlier forumers comments ....throw the ball around; take a few risks, chance your arm.

TruSaint

Referee
Made the late call to catch the game at the ground.

Hoping the Broncos are out of 'umph' after the two 'local' derbys and the Dragons get them on an 'off' night !

Don't like the chances of this happening though !

I'm with one of the earlier forumers comments ....throw the ball around; take a few risks, chance your arm.

Enjoy, hope the boys put in and have a real dig tonight.