What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brooks

He's doing well. Benji has a lot to do with that as well as he still has a trick or two up his sleeve and takes the pressure off Brooks.

Brooks would struggle a little more with a no-frills halves partner I believe.

gordsy

Juniors
Maybe but there are very few halves that are elite players. Morgan, DCE, Munster & Maloney are about the only halves that meet that category and Munster is the only one I consider who performs like an elite player consistently and currently.

I'd have Brooks over basically every half in the comp excluding Munster. The Souths halves are guns but I don't see them as elite players either.

The Turd, Ponga every so often, Munster and Tommy Turbo are about the only elite players I can think of right now.

I think the issue for Brooks is consistency. He is really good but he has some bad patches throughout the season.
I'm interested in what madge does for 2021. Benji will be gone by then and I'm not sure we have anyone coming through who will be first grade ready by then. Some we either by someone or go back to square one. Maybe for now we need to play that dour type of game that Melb and Cronulla are known for. That and working on basics. I watched 100% footy the other night and they showed a clip of the Storm kick chase. 10 blokes were near the guy that picked up the ball. Now if the top of the table team are doing that then we should be do. Like Warren Ryan said it's the 3-4 games you lose by 6 points that make the difference at the end of the season. Best part is, these things don't cost a cent, cap wise.

Tiger Ted

Bench
I'm interested in what madge does for 2021. Benji will be gone by then and I'm not sure we have anyone coming through who will be first grade ready by then. Some we either by someone or go back to square one. Maybe for now we need to play that dour type of game that Melb and Cronulla are known for. That and working on basics. I watched 100% footy the other night and they showed a clip of the Storm kick chase. 10 blokes were near the guy that picked up the ball. Now if the top of the table team are doing that then we should be do. Like Warren Ryan said it's the 3-4 games you lose by 6 points that make the difference at the end of the season. Best part is, these things don't cost a cent, cap wise.
A likely scenario for 2021 is Brooks & Madden 6 & 7

Fordy20

Juniors
I'm interested in what madge does for 2021.

It depends greatly on whether the club decides they want to move forward with Madge as coach. Only Brooks and Moses are signed beyond the end of Madge's contract, so there is an opportunity for a new coach to come in build the team they want from scratch. Twal also comes off contract next year and will attract a lot of interest. Who the coach is during his next contract will be a factor in his decision making process, so.the club will need to make a decision at the end of this season to either sign a new coach or to extend Madge for another three or more years.

To me, if the club doesn't extend Madge, it would be worse than the time they let Potter go.

WA Tiger

Bench
I agree DCE is earning his money HE wins games with clutch plays...He’s the captain of the team that came from about last to top 4 and he’s the captain of Queensland ....that’s elite..I don’t think you can predict a team for 2021 just yet. First I’m assuming they will retain Madge unless he loses the team with his intense personality which I think he’s learnt too much over time for that..and the whole team worship him by sounds ...Second if we get to the finals this year and then play a couple of games in hopefully including Parra so we can get rid of that bogy and then go gangbusters next year then every bastard and his dog will want to play for us and the pool of players we have to choose from will be bigger than it is now

Last edited:

Tiger05

First Grade
Twal also comes off contract next year and will attract a lot of interest. Who the coach is during his next contract will be a factor in his decision making process, so.the club will need to make a decision at the end of this season to either sign a new coach or to extend Madge for another three or more years.

The day the club is worried about Twal signing and goes and signs a coach to keep him happy would be a terrible time for the club. He is a small workhorse prop. Aloiai, Mikaele and Matterson and gun middle forwards or potentially gun middle forwards. I don't think Twal will ever be in that category.

I'd like to be proven wrong but I can't see it.

Das Hassler

Bench
Brooks has arrived as a tradesman 7.....what he may lack in the Moses hero plays he more than makes up for with his one on one defense...he's no turnstile and they mostly stop right where he hits them...hands down the toughest pound for pound player we have.
On the subject of halves. ..i think the commentators can give the Benji still going well for his age stuff a rest...he's as valiid and as good as any 6 out there at the moment...he's the complete leader right now and worth as much $wise as anyone we have....as always IMHO

Tiger05

First Grade
Brooks has arrived as a tradesman 7.....what he may lack in the Moses hero plays he more than makes up for with his one on one defense...he's no turnstile and they mostly stop right where he hits them...hands down the toughest pound for pound player we have.
On the subject of halves. ..i think the commentators can give the Benji still going well for his age stuff a rest...he's as valiid and as good as any 6 out there at the moment...he's the complete leader right now and worth as much $wise as anyone we have....as always IMHO

Benji and Brooks in the form they are in are as good as any halves combo in the game and both of them individually are up there with the best halves in the comp.

They are both better than Moses and it's not even close.

We need to be comparing these two to Munster and Cody Walker.

magpie_man

Juniors
I’d luv nothing more than the dogs & us winning this wk so we play parra & Brooks puts it over the lowlife tanka in a mom finals performance @ bankwest

I firmly believe that, if we can get past Cronulla this weekend, we'll beat either Parra or Manly the following.

The unknown

Juniors
I firmly believe that, if we can get past Cronulla this weekend, we'll beat either Parra or Manly the following.

I wasn't so keen on manly this time last week if we made it through, but now that they are depleted I agree

....Only to get flogged by Souffs or Raiders the following

Latest posts