What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brothers in Arms - Rabbitohs and Bulldogs

Vic Mackey

Referee
Balmain and wests did what was needed for them to survive. Wests would have been kicked out. Balmain would have survived but been the poorest club by a mile, win a handful of games and year then in a few years merge with parramatta/Canterbury, move to the central coast/Perth or die.

Souths fought to get back in, won and good on them. However it wasnt for Russell Crowe/phac buying them they would have continued on like they were from 2002-2006, bottom 2 or 3 every year then eventually relocate/die.

I still see them as exactly the same club they always have been.

The west tigers are an entirely new entity and in my eyes (old balmian fan) a true merger. I support them with the same passion that I supported balmain, if they had of merged with parra/Canterbury it would have been a take over and I don't think I could have supported them.

LRC69

Juniors
No, it literally was their attitude. They said so at the time. "We had to merge so f**k 'em". Except Balmain didn't have to merge. It made the 14.

And Souths fought against the "fact" that criteria had to be met, and essentially won. Other clubs didn't have that conviction.

Souths actually eventually lost the case when it went to appeal.but they were admitted back after they won the first case ... by the time of the appeal it was too late and would have been a PR disaster to remove them again. So technically the criteria was found to be legal

In relation the Dogs.... Peter Moore was on the board of ARL when the super league war hit.

He knew what was going on but kept it quiet... absolutely disgraceful !!

Peter Moore could have easily stopped the war before it started but wanted the Dogs to be the only Sydney team...

I guess karma got him in the end. The whole positioning and open supporting of Souths was because they knew they had done the wrong thing and were just trying to win over the juniors.

Anyway..its great to have ll these old team back..I dont care about expansion or the storm etc..I dont know any of their fans so its not fun not being able to give it to anybody or taking it on a Monday morning. (Who many Perth Reds fans could you pay out on at the time??) I guess I like the tribal nature of our game more than the concept of expansion (

the dude

Juniors
Souths actually eventually lost the case when it went to appeal.but they were admitted back after they won the first case ... by the time of the appeal it was too late and would have been a PR disaster to remove them again. So technically the criteria was found to be legal

In relation the Dogs.... Peter Moore was on the board of ARL when the super league war hit.

He knew what was going on but kept it quiet... absolutely disgraceful !!

Peter Moore could have easily stopped the war before it started but wanted the Dogs to be the only Sydney team...

I guess karma got him in the end. The whole positioning and open supporting of Souths was because they knew they had done the wrong thing and were just trying to win over the juniors.

Anyway..its great to have ll these old team back..I dont care about expansion or the storm etc..I dont know any of their fans so its not fun not being able to give it to anybody or taking it on a Monday morning. (Who many Perth Reds fans could you pay out on at the time??) I guess I like the tribal nature of our game more than the concept of expansion (

+1

Would be nice if we could have 9 or 10 Sydney clubs who could all attract 20k+ at games.

Stagger Lee

Bench
+1

Would be nice if we could have 9 or 10 Sydney clubs who could all attract 20k+ at games.

Oh FMD :lol: You finally get some decent bandwagon crowds at your historical homebush / Parramatta relocation ground and you start paying out on other teams.

and you wonder why the rest of the NRL think your fans are tossers :D

Parra

Referee
+1

We did. That is why News Ltd had to have the NSWRL or their pay tv interest would have been dead in the water.

If the club bosses who bailed to superleague had any balls then the sport could have made the deal it deserved back in 1994/95.

Funding interstate cheats and merging clubs never had to happen.

the dude

Juniors
Oh FMD :lol: You finally get some decent bandwagon crowds at your historical homebush / Parramatta relocation ground and you start paying out on other teams.

and you wonder why the rest of the NRL think your fans are tossers :D

Someone is sensitive..

I wasn't bagging other teams at all. Even Souths, easily one of the most supported clubs in the game, averaged 19,000 this year..

Then you've got clubs like Manly, Penrith, Cronulla, etc. who would still only average about 15 or 16k in their best years.

Basically more league fans need to get off their arses and actually attend games.

Parra

Referee
Basically more league fans need to get off their arses and actually attend games.

The code just signed a billion dollar TV rights deal. Basically more league fans need to buy foxtel. Going to the game takes a distant backseat to television viewers.

CrazyTiger

Juniors
How fitting it is that the one club that supported us in our darkest hour is the one to play us in our brightest moment since re-entry

If we lose today I'll definitely be supporting the doggies in the big one over the News Ltd scum down south :alcho::alcho::alcho:

I think I'll pop up to the cross after the game tonight, king hit someone and give them
CPR, and kick back and wait for his family to tell me I'm a top bloke.

FMD. (unless you are being sarcastic)

LJC

Juniors
The Easts Roosters were the only club that really did not vote to oust the Rabbitoes!

Clubs that were voting to reduce the clubs to 14 were in reality signing the death warrant many great clubs!

The Bulldogs were what I class the "smiling assasins!" They wanted reduction and inevitably it meant South Sydney!

FYI

The Roosters believed that 20 teams should have remained!

BunniesMan

Immortal
The code just signed a billion dollar TV rights deal. Basically more league fans need to buy foxtel. Going to the game takes a distant backseat to television viewers.
What ridiculous logic. An extra 10,000 people at each game would not hurt ratings and would be a huge help.

The AFL got pretty much the same deal the NRL did from tv rights but they still make millions more every week through memberships and crowds.

Also, your club only gets cents of every dollar that comes from tv rights. They get a far bigger slice of your money when you go to a game.

Parra

Referee
What ridiculous logic. An extra 10,000 people at each game would not hurt ratings and would be a huge help.

The AFL got pretty much the same deal the NRL did from tv rights but they still make millions more every week through memberships and crowds.

Also, your club only gets cents of every dollar that comes from tv rights. They get a far bigger slice of your money when you go to a game.

The game relies almost completely on TV revenue whether you like it or not.

Saint Doc

Coach
The best thing is no Souths fans are upset because their saviours, their brothers in arms, their soul-mates won. Its the sign of true love...as long as your soul mate is happy, you're happy. Congrats on souths for their win tonight. Long live super league

Lambretta

First Grade
Both sets of fans are absolute f**king scum, brothers in arms indeed

Can I say as a Roosters supporter that Tone doesn't speak for me or my mates who are Roosters supporters.

I have many good friends who are Dogs fans and I am proud to call them my mates. If they're scum, then so am I.

I know good blokes who are Souths fans too - so same applies.

dogslife

Coach
Can I say as a Roosters supporter that Tone doesn't speak for me or my mates who are Roosters supporters.

I have many good friends who are Dogs fans and I am proud to call them my mates. If they're scum, then so am I.

I know good blokes who are Souths fans too - so same applies.
The angriest human on the planet? No one holds it against the rest of the Roosters faithful

jack coburn

Juniors
The Easts Roosters were the only club that really did not vote to oust the Rabbitoes!

Clubs that were voting to reduce the clubs to 14 were in reality signing the death warrant many great clubs!

The Bulldogs were what I class the "smiling assasins!" They wanted reduction and inevitably it meant South Sydney!

FYI

The Roosters believed that 20 teams should have remained!

funny enough i remember this as well.Roosters were the only side that voted to keep all the teams.
If the bullscum dont jump ship superleague is stuffed with only sharks and panthers in sydney. I remember the scum taking training sessions down maroubra/lapa saying they wanted to give the community some support. Nothing but scum who wanted to take the whole areas juniors.as we can all see from their current side its not something they have an abundance of.I remember not buying the tele for 2 yrs because of news,you ever tried reading the herald on a windy f..in day.Where i worked there was mad souths supporters who turned up everyday with the tele and i used to blow them, they were giving money to the bloke who just kicked them out.
Mate this article is bullshit and trying to distort the truth.how anyone could say if they weren't readmitted they would be dogs supporters is fu..in beyond me.