What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Browny, not as abd as some might think?

Browny, is he okay or what?

• Get stuffed, he's rubbish!

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Nah he's allright.

Votes: 8 42.1%
  • I'm sitting on the fence on this one.

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • I probably could care less if you pushed me...

Votes: 1 5.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Slackboy72

Coach
I know people have a pretty low opinion of Nathan Brown but last Friday's win over the Broncos with what amounted to the next closest thing to a reserve grade squad highlighted his ability to not just come up with game winning tactics but also to get the team ready to play.

He clearly understands the game and he knows how to get a team to perform. I just think he was let down by the team iin 2005 and came up against a better team in 2006. I truly don't believe another coach could have changed that.

Slackboy72

Coach
Just some stats to compare him against Andrew Farrar (2000-2002) and Wayne Bennett (for 2003-2007)

Win %
WB 59.4%
NB 57.3%
AF 43.4%

Avg Points Scored
AF 24.6
NB 24.4
WB 22.9

Avg Points conceded
AF 23.4
NB 20.8
WB 19.5

Make what you want from these numbers...

petetheileet

First Grade
also i dont think u want points scored or games won with your coach, u want him to absolutely maximize the potential and success of the team based on the ability of his players

dragonsoul

Juniors
Come On Guys Brown Still Needs To Go As Well As Doust.lets Look At Friday Nights Game Yes We Played Well Im Glad We Beat The Broncos But Where Did They Score ?thats Right On Left Hand Side And Nearly On The Right Hand Side ,remember We Did Only Score 1 Pt In 40 Min Of The 2nd 1/2,yes I Know They Didnt Score At All So Our Defence Was Unreal.monday Will Will Change My Mind If We Win With Class Then Ill Jump Off Brown To Be Sacked.

Southernsaint

Staff member
Slackboy72 said:
Just some stats to compare him against Andrew Farrar (2000-2002) and Wayne Bennett (for 2003-2007)

Win %
WB 59.4%
NB 57.3%
AF 43.4%

Avg Points Scored
AF 24.6
NB 24.4
WB 22.9

Avg Points conceded
AF 23.4
NB 20.8
WB 19.5

Make what you want from these numbers...

Premierships:
WB: 1
AF: 0
NB: 0

The Preacher

First Grade
dragonsoul said:
Come On Guys Brown Still Needs To Go As Well As Doust.lets Look At Friday Nights Game Yes We Played Well Im Glad We Beat The Broncos But Where Did They Score ?thats Right On Left Hand Side And Nearly On The Right Hand Side ,remember We Did Only Score 1 Pt In 40 Min Of The 2nd 1/2,yes I Know They Didnt Score At All So Our Defence Was Unreal.monday Will Will Change My Mind If We Win With Class Then Ill Jump Off Brown To Be Sacked.

Oh my god, sorry Dragonsoul, I just reread the above and realised you are saying to get rid of Doust, I at first thought you said he didn't need to go, and I was headed straight for the juggular. All's well now though. :D

*Preacher calms down and heads outside for a bunger*

Slackboy72

Coach
How about some punctuation and losing the capitals.
You're not posting in the scumulla forum now.

big pat

Coach
next monday nights will show if browny has anything,while it was great beating brisbane it will be interesting to see if he can get them up for another big game..they certainly will need no motivation to beat the scum.

The Preacher

First Grade
Dakink said:
I dont mind Brownie - it's Doust I want to see the back off.

And so say all of us
And so say all of us

For he's not a CEO's arsehole
For he's not a CEO's AAARRRRRRRRRSOLLLLLLE

AND SO SAY ALL OF US !!!

big pat

Coach
The Preacher said:
And so say all of us
And so say all of us

For he's not a CEO's AAARRRRRRRRRSOLLLLLLE

AND SO SAY ALL OF US !!!
well said preach the guy is a fool,enjoy your weekend its a long wait until monday night.

Steel Dragon

Bench
I think the only reason we're seeing any improvement is because the reggies as a team have pretty much become our 1st grade team.

the more time they spend with Brown - the worse theyll get.

Father Ted

First Grade
Dakink said:
I dont mind Brownie - it's Doust I want to see the back off.

Thats right . Start at the top and keep working your way down until the problem is sorted .

drake

First Grade
Doust has to go, and take his greasy mullet and case of crownies with him.