What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bryce Cartwright gone

mxlegend99

Referee
In my opinion, it simply does not matter how or why Moylan came to leave the club - he's gone now, and we have a decent replacement for him. If he was at fault or the club was or the coach was, it was obvious the parties were never going to sort it out, so here we are. It's time for Griffin to show he is a good technical coach.
I think it breaks down to this.

Moylan wanted out. The club wanted to keep him.

Both parties were at fault as far as the relationship breaking down went. Moylan just had the upper hand knowing he could walk into pretty much any NRL team and most would pay him a hell of alot more than we were.

The club settled for a trade with Maloney hoping to make the best of a bad situation. The contract somehow got f**ked up and Latu was tapped on the shoulder to leave. Which sux as Carty left not long later so there was no need for Latu to be collateral damage.

Panthers tend to release players without wanting anything in return... so the fact they fought so hard to keep Moylan here shows how important they felt he was. Likewise the fact they gave up Carty in a heartbeat shows how unimportant he was to them.

billypilgrimnz

First Grade
I think it breaks down to this.

Moylan wanted out. The club wanted to keep him.

Both parties were at fault as far as the relationship breaking down went. Moylan just had the upper hand knowing he could walk into pretty much any NRL team and most would pay him a hell of alot more than we were.

The club settled for a trade with Maloney hoping to make the best of a bad situation. The contract somehow got f**ked up and Latu was tapped on the shoulder to leave. Which sux as Carty left not long later so there was no need for Latu to be collateral damage.

Panthers tend to release players without wanting anything in return... so the fact they fought so hard to keep Moylan here shows how important they felt he was. Likewise the fact they gave up Carty in a heartbeat shows how unimportant he was to them.

Probably true, but we'll have to wait for Moylan's autobiography for the truth to out. All I know is that the season can't start soon enough. The proof is on the paddock, as they say.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
If you find it so funny why do you complain so much and threaten to leave this place?

Did I ? At least I'm honest enough to say I did. Why ? well it's actually some of my reasonings were quite personal (and i'm not going into them).

I also refuse to get into a discussion about who complains the most either.

Serfice to say I am here. Even though that upsets some greatly.

It's going to be fascinating to see the reaction of some if Penrith have a great season ? will attitudes change or they remain the same ?

OldPanther

Coach
Did I ? At least I'm honest enough to say I did. Why ? well it's actually some of my reasonings were quite personal (and i'm not going into them).

It's going to be fascinating to see the reaction of some if Penrith have a great season ? will attitudes change or they remain the same ?

I seriously doubt anyone is upset you're here. People disagree sure but that's it.

BxTom

Bench
It means they can work successfully with these kinds of players so I'd say yes.

So Penrith trying to rehabilitate Moylan, giving him time off (even in the finals), asking him to stay, giving him the captain's arm band in an effort to make him responsible was poor management but having a player go right off the rails for cocaine use (twice caught at Cronulla) and wanting to resign him regardless of an NRL drug ban is good management. Please explain how that works. I'm confident that there are a lot of people interested to know how your theory works.

Tom.

OldPanther

Coach
So Penrith trying to rehabilitate Moylan, giving him time off (even in the finals), asking him to stay, giving him the captain's arm band in an effort to make him responsible was poor management but having a player go right off the rails for cocaine use (twice caught at Cronulla) and wanting to resign him regardless of an NRL drug ban is good management. Please explain how that works. I'm confident that there are a lot of people interested to know how your theory works.

Tom.

I understand where we a going wrong now.

People in here said Moylan threw a tantrum which led to him leaving. Barba never had any of that yet they both had similar off field issues.

BxTom

Bench
I understand where we a going wrong now.

People in here said Moylan threw a tantrum which led to him leaving. Barba never had any of that yet they both had similar off field issues.

I'm not saying that our man management is perfect, even perhaps with Moylan, but I think Moylan has to take the majority of the blame for no longer wanting to be here. It happens all the time in the NRL, players going off the rails and signing for another club - i.e. Carney et al. I think that we all agree, last stop for most bad boys is the Rorters. Anyway, hurry up and start the season.

Tom.

OldPanther

Coach
I'm not saying that our man management is perfect, even perhaps with Moylan, but I think Moylan has to take the majority of the blame for no longer wanting to be here. It happens all the time in the NRL, players going off the rails and signing for another club - i.e. Carney et al. I think that we all agree, last stop for most bad boys is the Rorters. Anyway, hurry up and start the season.

Tom.

Definitely agree about the Roosters and the season starting. Going crazy with the withdrawals.

The Roosters have Tetevano who bashed his misses and blamed rugby league yet is playing for the Roosters. We think we have issues haha.

Pomoz

Bench
I have no problem believing a player can go off the rails but you don't make them captain.
Unless of course, you believe the increased responsibility may force them to have a look in the mirror and straighten themselves out. A last role of the dice, as it were, some people respond to that, obviously Moylan didn't.

OldPanther

Coach
Unless of course, you believe the increased responsibility may force them to have a look in the mirror and straighten themselves out. A last role of the dice, as it were, some people respond to that, obviously Moylan didn't.

It should have been Yeo from the start. Moylan was my favourite but there's just something about Yeo's effort and you can still build around him. Or maybe Cleary but that'd be a few years off.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Probably true, but we'll have to wait for Moylan's autobiography for the truth to out. All I know is that the season can't start soon enough. The proof is on the paddock, as they say.

For some it works: Almost like parenthood can straighten some folks up, help them grow up. How old is Moylan 25 or 26 ? Sadly in some cases it doesn't work, and your left with a mess to clean up.

franklin2323

Immortal

They simply move to us having soft wins etc etc

Latest posts