What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bryce Gibbs Arrested

hybrid_tiger

Coach
Willow said:
If people want him sacked over the assault charge, that's fine. Its opinion.

But the presumption was one of guilt based on past incidents, and the bizarre notion that we are to compelled to jump to conclusions before the matter even goes to court. That's where we have to give a polite reminder of the rules. Please be sure to let me know if you have a problem with this.
lol. Right.... delete everyone's posts because you can't keep your assumptions in check.
Fact: Past incidents have nothing to do with the current incident.

It was a polite request on my part. I'm guessing the message has been received?

Feel free to PM me if you need further clarification.

I've said what I have to say.

meltiger

First Grade
Willow said:
If people want him sacked over the assault charge, that's fine. Its opinion.

Oh I know, they are entitled to their own opinion.

I also gaurentee if it happened to them, they would sue their employer if they were sacked for that very reason :)

Someone else has pointed out to me this is just an excuse to get rid of him because of the way he has been playing .... The Tigers have much bigger problems than Gibbs right now.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Players have been sacked for less, but other players are kept on by the club after being charged. Individual cases and circumstances will differ of course.

meltiger

First Grade
^^ Ahh it's just my opinion mate, I see the whole 'need to be a choir boy' attitude we take towards the players as being a bit meh & over the top.

Some cases like Andrew Krakour, LaFranchi, those ones if proven in court are obviously a lot more serious and the respective leagues would have a duty to deal with them in an appropriate manner, but a case like this? Seriously, you see worse each and every weekend all around the country.'

I understand where people are coming from, but at the end of the day, what they do on the field is what matters (There is zero chance the Tigers would lose sponsors out of it), I can see the argument some are making that he deserves to be dropped on performance, but to use this as the excuse is silliness.

simon says

First Grade
On the few occasions I have been asked to leave an establisment.....guess what???

I leave......

When I get a taxi home after a big night out.......guess what????

I pay for it and get out.

Dead set........some of these footy players are dead set boneheads.And this one plays for my team which makes me it even yuckier.

I dont ask for them to be choirboys,and this whole role model stuff is BS as far as Im concerned.But surely one would think that this behaviour is not only digusting,but places the club and his job in jeopardy.

Maybe he needs a month holiday.......from footy and the great pay,and work in a factory for a month on 470 bucks a week.That might just adjust the attitude,but in this case I severly doubt it.

PS......I thought Gibbs had his best game this year for us on the weekend and this incident has come at a terrible time for him.

smeghead

Bench
meltiger said:
(There is zero chance the Tigers would lose sponsors out of it), .

Oh dear. You really believe that. A club who is having as yet zero on field success in 2007 and you think that this may not be the final straw for a sponsor. Do you remember the sponsorship fall out Newcastle suffered after their pre season incident

Willow

Assistant Moderator
meltiger said:
I can see the argument some are making that he deserves to be dropped on performance, but to use this as the excuse is silliness.
Paul Green springs to mind as a player who was 'sacked for less'. The Cowboys moved against him after he supposedly negotiated with another club. There was a view at the time that Green was hard done by and the club was looking for an excuse. Correct me if I'm wrong but I recall that Green later won an out of court settlement.

Danish

Referee
Willow said:
Paul Green springs to mind as a player who was 'sacked for less'. The Cowboys moved against him after he supposedly negotiated with another club. There was a view at the time that Green was hard done by and the club was looking for an excuse. Correct me if I'm wrong but I recall that Green later won an out of court settlement.

whoever it was at canberra who was sacked after receiving a package at the club which was not addressed to him which allegedly contained some sort of illegal substances in it was also a bit of a joke....

As was the Tilse incident and several others.

Then again some of the non-sackings just defy belief.

sharko

Juniors
It is only the end of the third round and already 2 first grade league players are prominent in the mainstream media for alleged violence that has now involved the police.
The players should be reminded that there are clauses in the large sponsorship arrangements with the NRL that a party can walk away if certain standards of conduct are not met.
I wonder if by round 6 we can expect more allegations against other players.
I think the multi nationals that are propping up the NRL thru advertising will be most displeased that their images are associated with such conduct.
Gallop is right to be very nervous that the stupidity of some players will endanger more than a few nasty headlines, it will start to hit the NRL hip pocket and that is when it can and will get ugly.

Rockin Ronny

Juniors
sharko said:
It is only the end of the third round and already 2 first grade league players are prominent in the mainstream media for alleged violence that has now involved the police.
The players should be reminded that there are clauses in the large sponsorship arrangements with the NRL that a party can walk away if certain standards of conduct are not met.
I wonder if by round 6 we can expect more allegations against other players.
I think the multi nationals that are propping up the NRL thru advertising will be most displeased that their images are associated with such conduct.
Gallop is right to be very nervous that the stupidity of some players will endanger more than a few nasty headlines, it will start to hit the NRL hip pocket and that is when it can and will get ugly.

I wonder if his wife loves everything about him.

BrisVegas

Juniors
simon says said:
Maybe he needs a month holiday.......from footy and the great pay,and work in a factory for a month on 470 bucks a week.That might just adjust the attitude,but in this case I severly doubt it.

One thing the Melbourne Storm do is make all new recruits undertake 2 weeks of labouring during the off season, their pay going to a charity. It's a good idea IMO, it gives the players a sense of how good they have it, and no doubt keeps them a bit more grounded. Other clubs could do well implementing a similar policy.

meltiger

First Grade
smeghead said:
Oh dear. You really believe that. A club who is having as yet zero on field success in 2007 and you think that this may not be the final straw for a sponsor. Do you remember the sponsorship fall out Newcastle suffered after their pre season incident

Yes, I do belive that.

If a sponsor dropped the club because of this ... They are looking for an excuse. ie: You would have eventually lost them anyway.

No way does the club lose a sponsor over someone getting into a minor stink when pissed.

Get a grip ffs

smeghead

Bench
As I said. Minor indiscretions have led to it in the past.

I do not think it will happen this time but to say zero chance is a ridiculous statement to make

meltiger

First Grade
^^ Not at all.

The club would not lose a sponsor over this incident solely. No way in the world.

However, a club may lose a sponsor looking for an excuse to drop the club, yes this I will concede.

TITAN1

Juniors
I wonder,was there any comment passed by Dawn Fraser on this incident?
Or did she lit it pass 'cause it just happened to concern a west tiger player?:roll:

To be fair the wests tigers are more likely to lose sponsorship from having a supporters group like the `Wests Tigers Fanatics'. For the unitiated these are a group of obese, Lowes shopping, jester hat wearing, face painting mongoloids, 95% of whom are virgins (the remaining 5% have had sexual relations with family members)

aids

Bench
WeakLemonCordial said:
To be fair the wests tigers are more likely to lose sponsorship from having a supporters group like the `Wests Tigers Fanatics'. For the unitiated these are a group of obese, Lowes shopping, jester hat wearing, face painting mongoloids, 95% of whom are virgins (the remaining 5% have had sexual relations with family members)

pfft
we don't wear face paint.

simon says

First Grade
He does have a point on the Fanatics though doesnt he.......???

There are some unsavoury elements are there not???

No masks???

Latest posts