What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bryce Gibbs Arrested

Willow

Assistant Moderator
hybrid_tiger said:
Hope he gets the sack. Largely useless.
Why?
Some people here need to work out the difference between a charge and a conviction.
Here's a hint: Being charged does not equal guilt.

Inferno

Coach
Willow said:
Why?
Some people here need to work out the difference between a charge and a conviction.

True, but then again neither does a conviction.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
I suppose there's the appeal process but that's a long way from being charged in the first place.
Too many people are ready to hang a bloke prior to any due process.

Danish

Referee
Willow said:
Why?

He explained why.

He believes Gibbs is sh*t and hopes the club sacks him either way.

Can't blame him really.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
I think hybrid can speak for himself Danish.
But thanks for your input.

Once again... any bloke deserves the presumption of innocence before posts on a forum think otherwise.

Cheers.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
Danish said:
He explained why.

He believes Gibbs is sh*t and hopes the club sacks him either way.

Can't blame him really.

As above. Gibbs is a known trouble maker and this isn't the first alledged incident he's been involved in. I understand he's innocent until proven guilty, but you can't blame people for jumping to conclusions with his history.

I don't rate him at all (except for a few good games in 05), so I would like to see him gone.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
hybrid_tiger said:
As above. Gibbs is a known trouble maker and this isn't the first alledged incident he's been involved in. I understand he's innocent until proven guilty, but you can't blame people for jumping to conclusions with his history.

I don't rate him at all (except for a few good games in 05), so I would like to see him gone.
I have no probs with most of what you said.

However you fell short with the 'but' disclaimer. People are not nessarily entitled to jump to those conclusions, despite your view to the contrary.

I don't give a screamer about his history.

Bottom line is that if you post a presumption of guilt, then we're compelled to crack down.

I'm sure you can work it out.

Cheers.

kooriguy

Juniors
so what did he do.. my mate was at the races and said the police used a takedown on someone, he didnt know it was a footy player tho.

Glenn

First Grade
From what I gather, allegedly was asked to leave a licensed premises and failed to do so, hence why the police and then the other alledged incidents (spitting at a police officer, resisting arrest etc)

meltiger

First Grade
Willow said:
Why?

Even if he was found guilty .... Seriously guys, its an assault charge.

People want him sacked over an assault charge? FMD, get off your high horses.

Danish

Referee
Willow said:
I think hybrid can speak for himself Danish.
But thanks for your input.

Once again... any bloke deserves the presumption of innocence before posts on a forum think otherwise.

Cheers.

Couldnt give a rats about his off field nonsense, his form is enough to warrant comments of wanting him dropped.

Having said that, where their is smoke there is usually fire. you need to be acting a royal fool to be thrown out of Rose Hill (i know since i have done some pretty stupid things there in my time and got little more than a laugh from security) so regardless of whether the headbutting and spitting claims come to fruitition its fair to say that Gibbs is a dickhead.

However being a dickhead is not grounds for sacking.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
Willow said:
I have no probs with most of what you said.

However you fell short with the 'but' disclaimer. People are not nessarily entitled to jump to those conclusions, despite your view to the contrary.

I don't give a screamer about his history.

Bottom line is that if you post a presumption of guilt, then we're compelled to crack down.

I'm sure you can work it out.

Cheers.

Maybe you should delete this thread and let it not be discussed at all then, FFS.

Fact: Gibbs is a known trouble maker and has been involved in incidents in the past, so it's only natural that people will jump to conclusions. It's human nature, despite you not thinking so.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
meltiger said:
Even if he was found guilty .... Seriously guys, its an assault charge.

People want him sacked over an assault charge? FMD, get off your high horses.
If people want him sacked over the assault charge, that's fine. Its opinion.

But the presumption was one of guilt based on past incidents, and the bizarre notion that we are to compelled to jump to conclusions before the matter even goes to court. That's where we have to give a polite reminder of the rules. Please be sure to let me know if you have a problem with this.
hybrid_tiger said:
Maybe you should delete this thread and let it not be discussed at all then, FFS.
lol. Right.... delete everyone's posts because you can't keep your assumptions in check.
hybrid_tiger said:
Fact: Gibbs is a known trouble maker and has been involved in incidents in the past, so it's only natural that people will jump to conclusions. It's human nature, despite you not thinking so.
Fact: Past incidents have nothing to do with the current incident.

It was a polite request on my part. I'm guessing the message has been received?

Feel free to PM me if you need further clarification.

Latest posts