What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bryce Gibbs insults Hannant

stuke

Bench
But if you know he has a dodgey shoulder you can run at him all day long.

One action results in nothing at all - the other could end a players season.

One is OK, the other is deemed a dog act.

if a player has a dodgy shoulder and decides to stay out on the paddock he is fair game. you can't just put your hand up and say "don't run at me". what next, because someone is out of breath they should slow the game up?

hybrid_tiger

Coach
Excellent point.

Either sledging all religions is fair game or out of bounds- 1 or the other. If making fun of a Mormon on account of his faith is permissible, so too is making fun of a Muslim on account of theirs

*opens can of worms*

Muslims love playing the victim card though, so anything associated with that is blown out of proportion.

You know it's true.

gronkathon

First Grade
Insults against the Muslim face are rarely phrased as insults against the faith. It often crosses the line to race.

Calling a Muslim a terrorist is interpreted as racism.

Saying The Koran has the believability of a comic book is fine

hybrid_tiger

Coach
Maybe Gibbs told Hannant he looked like Gary Busey?

gary_busey.jpg

0,5001,6688607,00.jpg

Meth

Staff member
Insults against the Muslim face are rarely phrased as insults against the faith. It often crosses the line to race.

Calling a Muslim a terrorist is interpreted as racism.

Saying The Koran has the believability of a comic book is fine

Fair point. The whole generalization that Muslims are terrorists is not acceptable.

But Pete's point still stands- I doubt there would be the same reaction if a player called a Muslim a ''dirty/stupid etc Muslim''.

Highlander

Juniors
Next week someone will get in trouble for sledging the political leanings of an oppostion player.

There are 3 no go zones.

1. Children
2. Racism
3. Disability/Mental Ilness

Children??? C'mon the old "Hows your wife and my kids' is a great sledge in a scrum!!!!!!!

Noa

First Grade
I heard every time Hannant made an error Gibbs called out "Dumb dumb dumb dumb dumb"

Loudstrat

Coach
anything you have no choice about - race, disability, family.

believing in things is a choice - whether it be jesus, buddha or underpants gnomes.

it is pathetic that people try to make religion off limits. it might be poor taste, but if people are free to believe stupid things, others should be free to bag them for it.
Hence a decade of sledging Knights supporters about drugs.

I doubt Gibbs would have gone off without prior provocation - otherwise he'd do it after every loss and we'd call him Michael Ennis.

You either sledge, or you don't. If you sledge, you open the door. Seems like Hannant can give it but not take it. He's a f*ckwit is can stand beside Ennis all game and laugh at his crap, and not take it himself.

Besides, it was Hannant vs a number of Tigers - didn't Farah say he pulled Heighington away? Sounds like Hannant mouthed off like a giant blonde f*cktard and couldn't handle it.

Ulysseus

Bench
Gibbs is a bit of a dickhead, and Hannant would probably tear his head off and sh*t down his spinal column, so maybe he needs to buy Fred Ciraldo a beer or two.
Gibbs does seem to have this knack of being a dickhead, he also seems to have a knack of getting smacked for doing it, Rd1 2006 - Ryles clocked him on the chin.
Had Hannant clocked him on the chin and then decided to go on with it,................. ugh, he would be a lot less pretty now.

Apey

Staff member
Illegal physical violence.

Sledges may be cheap shots & the work of a merkin, but reacting to them in any way is just plain stupid.

anything you have no choice about - race, disability, family.

believing in things is a choice - whether it be jesus, buddha or underpants gnomes.

it is pathetic that people try to make religion off limits. it might be poor taste, but if people are free to believe stupid things, others should be free to bag them for it.

agreed ^^

It's tough to comment on because we're not out there playing but I think I'd rather just remember what he said for next time I run at him or he runs at me like O'meley vs Gibbs :lol:

Benji Magic

Juniors
Get over it Hannant, learn to handle it. If religion is so important then give up footy and take up door knockin' like all the others.

Parraren

Bench
Get over it Hannant, learn to handle it. If religion is so important then give up footy and take up door knockin' like all the others.

I don't have a problem with sledging during the game but when the whistle's blown, that should be it, be a man shake hands and walk away.

Gibbs is a tosser if he's gone on with it after the game and Hannant had every right to want to clock him for it.