What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bryce Gibbs insults Hannant

Loudstrat

Coach
How come everyone is blaming Gibbs? We wouldn't have known about it of sooky boy hadn't blown up in the sheds.

Hannant neds to talk to Mario Fenech, who copped probably the worst sledge of all time from a certain Tigers hooker - and never uttered a public word about it.

Shifty

Juniors
I was never one for sledging, but if you're going to sledge, at least be good at it.

Putting a player off their game by having them run at the defense rather than the gaps or giving away silly penalties is alright for those with the knack. All Gibbs does is fire up the players the rest of his team would rather stayed quiet.

Gibbs is notorious for picking the wrong targets and not being able to back it up. O'Donnell, Gallen, Ryles, etc are understandable, though it often backfires on Gibbs because he can't stand up for himself when they come at him. Hannant may have had a sook, but he's not likely to get himself penalised, let alone sent off or suspended for his reaction and all it is likely to do is make him run harder and further.

O'Meley is definitely the best example of why Gibbs should just shut up and play.

LESStar58

Referee
BULLDOGS prop Ben Hannant was left fuming last night about a comment directed at him by opposing front-rower Bryce Gibbs as the players shook hands at the Sydney Football Stadium.

Visibly upset at the remark, understood to have been an insult of a personal nature, Hannant faced up to the Tigers prop before the pair was separated by Bulldogs team manager Fred Ciraldo.

Sitting among teammates in a jubilant Canterbury dressing room after their victory, Hannant was the odd man out, clearly still upset by the confrontation which had looked set to worsen.

He would not say what was uttered by Gibbs but the Tigers' hardman's words clearly had the desired effect.

''I'll keep it to myself,'' Hannant said. ''He knows what he said. I don't really want to comment on it at this point in time.''

Asked whether he was upset by what Gibbs had said: Hannant replied: ''It looked that way.''

Gibbs was not in the mood to chat about the incident either, as he sat in the Tigers' room. ''I don't want to say anything. There is no point,'' Gibbs said. Of his subsequent altercation with Ciraldo, he offered: ''He was just trying to push me out of the way, I guess.''

Source: Sydney Morning Herald

Wonder if it'll come out in the wash up and if Gibbs will cop the same flack as Slater.

God-King Dean

Immortal
For the life of me I can't find that picture of the 2006 season opening clash between Dragons & Tigers of Ryles punching Gibbs with flem flying everywhere.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
Id have Moi Moi over Gibbs any day of the week.

This year Gibbs has been better than any Parramatta prop, including Moi Moi. Not that this is something to crow about.

Gibbs is a dickhead, but he's been in outstanding form and was again good last night, in both attack and defence.

By the way, the flare up was a result of things said during the game. Hannant refused Gibbs' handshake after the match. f**king sook.

I bleed blue & gold

First Grade
This year Gibbs has been better than any Parramatta prop, including Moi Moi. Not that this is something to crow about.

Gibbs is a dickhead, but he's been in outstanding form and was again good last night, in both attack and defence.

By the way, the flare up was a result of things said during the game. Hannant refused Gibbs' handshake after the match. f**king sook.

Yes, this year.

Ulysseus

Bench
For the life of me I can't find that picture of the 2006 season opening clash between Dragons & Tigers of Ryles punching Gibbs with flem flying everywhere.

jasonryles_wideweb__470x311,0.jpg

gronkathon

First Grade
Unfortunatley for Ryles and the entire Dragons side Gibbs got under their skin that night and all discipline cost them a game they should have won

Shorty

Staff member
I heard every time Hannant made an error Gibbs called out "Dumb dumb dumb dumb dumb"
That's surprising considering Gibbs wouldn't have the brain capacity to string that amount of words together.

It's funny how apparently Mormon's can get crap, but do it to a Muslim and it'd be a completely different story.
Hypocritical.

Who the f**k does it after full time? That's just p*ssweak.
Hope Gibbs gets whats coming to him, waste of space.

adamkungl

Immortal
Couldn't give a sh*t about sledging tbh....man up.
Grubby thing to do, sure, but Hannant's just as much a sook as Gibbs is a grub.

I bleed blue & gold

First Grade
That's surprising considering Gibbs wouldn't have the brain capacity to string that amount of words together.

It's funny how apparently Mormon's can get crap, but do it to a Muslim and it'd be a completely different story.
Hypocritical.

Who the f**k does it after full time? That's just p*ssweak.
Hope Gibbs gets whats coming to him, waste of space.

:lol:

>zuzu<

Juniors
Hold on

We have one bloke getting abused by Slater for his past battle with depression. A private nature. Then we have another bagging another bloke for his religion - also of a private nature.

And we have people here bagging him for retaliating?

Gibbs has a tendency to mouth off and gets what he cops. Hannant reacted to something he did not like and thats that. I find it funny that people actually are abusing him for having a sook. Did he carry it on off the field? No. Did he tell the reporters what Gibbs said? No.

It stayed on the field so leave it at that.