What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bryce Gibbs insults Hannant

macavity

Referee
So...what shouldn't be fair game?

anything you have no choice about - race, disability, family.

believing in things is a choice - whether it be jesus, buddha or underpants gnomes.

it is pathetic that people try to make religion off limits. it might be poor taste, but if people are free to believe stupid things, others should be free to bag them for it.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
Gibbs continues to act like one sandwich short of a lunchbox.The same clown did a nice job on young Cleal a few years back,he gives away penalties montonously ,now this .
He can be a decent player if he cuts out the crap.
ATM he gives true meaning to the name airhead.

No doubting Gibbs is a meathead.

However he has been absolutely outstanding this season. Made the most metres of any forward on the field last night I believe, also played 80 minutes last week up in Townsville.

He is going great guns. And this is coming from someone who was the biggest bagger of Gibbs in history - I wanted him in reserve grade earlier last season.

Dazzat

First Grade
Yeah ... go ahead and sledge ... its just a sign of deficiencies in your character.

Players who (deep down) don't believe they can compete through their own natural ability will resort to trying to bring others down to their level.

Who's the toughest prop in the game? Undoubtedly Petero. Never seen him sledge once throughout his great career. Doesn't need to ... he dominates through his ability, and has the respect of his peers.

In the light of day, Hannant will be disappointed he reacted to such an imbecile as Gibbs.

Red Bear

Referee
When you come out an claim to be homesick, and then it is also revealed you want an extra 150K a year (real homesick there), you deserve any insults you get. As for his religion, meh, its a pretty stupid religion amongst a host of stupid religions.

Big Pete

Referee
Imagine if Hazem El Masri's religion was ridiculed by the likes of Gibbs?

You wouldn't be able to keep all the do gooders out of here.

Red Bear

Referee
And as has been mentioned, reacting to sledging is what the sledger wants. Just ignore it and it goes away.

gronkathon

First Grade

The difference is in that instance that comments about Islam are generally laced with racism as well

Vic Mackey

Referee
steve waugh once famously said 'i never sledge the good players, it does'nt effect them'

i personally think hannat is being a massive sook HOWEVER even though im not religious i would never sledge someone about their religion, i do think its a line you dont cross

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
Geez the game's getting soft......

x2. Society in general. Can't even call blokes names any more with out a doo gooder outcry, or, in Hannants case, just a simple cry.

Anyway Benny, don't worry champ. God will get himback for teasing you.

gronkathon

First Grade
Next week someone will get in trouble for sledging the political leanings of an oppostion player.

There are 3 no go zones.

1. Children
2. Racism
3. Disability/Mental Ilness

WaznTheGreat

Referee
Bryce Gibbs is a genuine dope,does he hold the world record for giving away most penalities in a NRL career?

Manu Vatuvei

Coach

Exactly

Hilarious to see people trying to rationalise how what Gibbs did is ok when it's obviously just fashionable to bag certain religions

stuke

Bench
Well Hannant isnt one to get angry and that is the most fired up ive seen him, whatever Gibbs said, it got to Hannant

that's rubbish. Hannant carried on like a pork chop after the Eels bundled them out of the comp last year.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
I think Gibbs is a dumb meathead (but also a very good player whos been playing out of his skin of late).

I think Hannant is a great player, but he's obviously as soft as f**king butter.

Meth

Staff member

Excellent point.

Either sledging all religions is fair game or out of bounds- 1 or the other. If making fun of a Mormon on account of his faith is permissible, so too is making fun of a Muslim on account of theirs

broncos2011

IMO they are just words. Make sure you can throw back something back that is bizarre and awesome. Alllll good.

some guy: "yo I f**ked your daughter"
Me: "yeah well she has aids and now you have it. enjoy dying twig"

the end.