What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bryce Gibbs insults Hannant

TimmyB

Juniors
Poor Rocco, can't handle the fact the Bulldogs won and his Broncos are the team causing the bad image for Rugby League at the moment while the Bulldogs have shown how to turn a club round.

Poor sad little Rocco, hope mummy gives you your dummy tonight.

As for what happened, Hannant certainly looked upset so whatever was said did get to him. Good on him for not rushing out and giving anything to the media straight away. Once he has some time to calm down and think about the incident then he may speak, or he may just leave it on the field.
How about a little bit of balance, rather than just random speculation driven by your support for the Dogs.

Who knows if Gibbs was provoked? Who knows if what was said was even particularly bad - perhaps Hannant overreacted to an innocuous comment. Why take Hannant's side unconditionally?
How ab

Things like these would be said every week, but now Hannant can't take it and tries to make a deal about it? Get over it. Hannant's lucky he didn't go after Gibbs anyway, Fifita would've roughed him up.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
There's more anti-feeling towards this sledge than there was for the Billy the Grub 'depression' one. Weird.

When I first saw the topic, I thought it'd be about Hannant and his homesickness.

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
Things like these would be said every week,
Religious slurs? No, they wouldn't.
Tigers_are_Pro said:
but now Hannant can't take it and tries to make a deal about it?
Actually, Hannant did the opposite. He was clearly offended by what Gibbs said and wanted to sort it out with him. When asked by the media what Gibbs said, he didn't tattle. Clearly the actions of someone who doesn't want to make a deal of it.

Tigers_are_Pro said:
Get over it. Hannant's lucky he didn't go after Gibbs anyway, Fifita would've roughed him up.

Glad we agree Gibbs is too soft to fight his own battles.

Religious slurs? No, they wouldn't. Actually, Hannant did the opposite. He was clearly offended by what Gibbs said and wanted to sort it out with him. When asked by the media what Gibbs said, he didn't tattle. Clearly the actions of someone who doesn't want to make a deal of it.

When I wrote this I actually hadn't read the thread and didn't see it was a religious one heh or the article itself, I was just going off what I saw last night, my bad. I was almost certain it would've been about his homesickness or something of the like.

Anyway, onto your point. There would be a fair few personal insults each week, not maybe religious insults but still breaking the barrier of what's right and wrong. We saw the one on Patterson.. the one last year from Gallen on Paea, and I'm sure quite a few come out just not as publicised. This one was probably a bit deeper than normal, but it's really no different to most others.

I was refering on the field though when he kept mouthing off at Gibbs post-match, however I commend what Hannant did off the field and I expected no different from him since he's proven to be a reasonable person from all accounts I've seen of him off the field on the footy show etc etc.

:p, I was muckin around haha. Though I wouldn't have minded seeing Gibbs and Hannant going at it in a good old biff.

ironhorse

Juniors
Ironhorse said:
Re: most annoying players in the leauge
Dean Young
Jarrod Hayne
Beau Scott
Chris Sandow
bryce gibbs
Micheal Robertson
mick ennis

should cover most of it .

Zing ! Gibbs is always a farkin A-Grade merkin .

Religious slurs? No, they wouldn't. Actually, Hannant did the opposite. He was clearly offended by what Gibbs said and wanted to sort it out with him. When asked by the media what Gibbs said, he didn't tattle. Clearly the actions of someone who doesn't want to make a deal of it.

I tell you I would put my money on Gibbs he can fight in real life. I am gald Gibbs is firing up. The tigers need to have more mongel about them.

Was at the game and the dogs were the better side. Dogs fan should not complain about any other side sledging when they have Ennis in the side.

Gibbs was outstanding in a match that was ruined by some of the most one sided refereeing I have ever seen. If sledging Hannant helped his performance, I say keep it up Bryce!

Loudstrat

Coach

Hannant looked like he wanted to make a big deal of it - no one would have known had he carried on like someone had stolen his toy.

Hannant is playing great footy - but geez he's becoming King Sook when the game is not on. I thought the sledge must have been about his "desperation" to dump the dogs to do the usual Queensland sook about being closer to the family and earning more. Looked like he was goping to cry.

Paterson at least had an excuse, Slaters act was grubby. God knows what Ennis said to the Tigers during the game - especially winning it. Possibly a bit of payback, and Hannant chest puffing like a prize twat after the game.

God-King Dean

Immortal
prophet-seer.jpg

Cammo

Bench
How about a little bit of balance, rather than just random speculation driven by your support for the Dogs.

Who knows if Gibbs was provoked? Who knows if what was said was even particularly bad - perhaps Hannant overreacted to an innocuous comment. Why take Hannant's side unconditionally?
How ab

It's quite possible Gibbs was provoked, nowhere in my post did I blame Gibbs for anything. I don't know what was said or why it was, I was just saying good on Hannant for not bowing to the pressure he would have been put under by the journalists to talk about the incident.

Latest posts