What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

BS aside - Can we truely turn this around?

st penguin

Juniors
Deep down I feel that we can turn this around. This week will set the tone for the finals. Widdop and Vaughan loss has weakened us dramatically. Every player needs to put in 110%.
Once the finals start it is anyone’s guess who will beat who. The only side with any form of late is Brisbane.
Holy shit. You’re as deluded as me!

st penguin

Juniors
Cast your mind back to 2010...

We had our set play of always with Boyd sweeping left, scoring a heap of points..

Teams cottoned on.. and talk was all about how the Roosters had our measure in the grand final..

Until, Boyd shifted to the right and we scored 3 of our 5 tries on that side.. it was Wayne’s master stroke.. lull them into a false sense of security..

Mary’s following the exact same game plan..

We look soft and weak to the opposition.. They stop analysing our games and just turn up, expecting an easy win..

You watch.. we’ll come out firing and win the first final by 24pts..

Mary, you cunning, magnificent bastard.
Mary’s playing the long con. Like...a 4 year con.

They’ll never see it coming.

boardlumps62

Juniors

We had our set play of always with Boyd sweeping left, scoring a heap of points..

Teams cottoned on.. and talk was all about how the Roosters had our measure in the grand final..

Until, Boyd shifted to the right and we scored 3 of our 5 tries on that side.. it was Wayne’s master stroke.. lull them into a false sense of security..

We look soft and weak to the opposition.. They stop analysing our games and just turn up, expecting an easy win..

If we have Brian Johnson Gasnier Matt Cooper Soward Paul Vaugh Jamie Ainscough Nathan Blacklock in the team we have some chance

j0nesy

Bench
No, I don’t think so. The guys are physically exhausted. Maybe we can turn it around for one or two games but no more.

Forster Dragon

Juniors
There is no way in the world we can turn this current mess around.Enjoy Saturday against the Knights and elimination semi and that is it.
Two games and it is all over,cannot happen soon enough.

The Damo

Juniors
Does the team have the ability to win 2-3 more games? Yes.
Are their any indications they will play to that ability? No.
Even though there were plenty of negatives from the Panthers game onwards, there was also some positives that said a turnaround was at least possible. The parra game shot those to pieces, there was a chance to level the slide with the tigers win, but to then put up that shit show vs the dogs... I’d put the chances of us exiting week one of the finals at least 80%.
To win our next two games would take a total turn around in their defence, decrease errors by at least a third, improved kicking game, much better support play, forwards running as a pack not individuals, and Widdop returning in much better form than he left. Possible - but very unlikely.

FlameThrower

Bench
No Vaughan, no chance

Widdop is busted and should save himself for next season

Confidence zero

Only positive is Mary is a dead man walking
Or we crash and burn, McGregor is retained - that’s the worst outcome - even with about half dozen experienced coaches available- we retain him for 2019 and it’s back to Groundhog Day. Years and potential talent wasted away.

I said before the Dogs game that if Mcgegor couldn’t get the Dragons up for that game with it being the last home game at Kogarah, Nightingales last game at Kogarah, tribute to LT, top 4 spot up for grabs, he should give it away.

We lost the first half 18-0 and his halftime speech inspired them to lose the second half 20-0.

So what chance he can inspire them to beat Newcastle.
Not a lot.

watatank

Coach
Not this year. We're cooked.

I think we might be good for one more good performance which could be this week or next. Other than that we're pretty much done.

My nightmare scenario is we squeak past Newcastle, finish 6/7th, play Penrith who play like the complete rabble they are, beat them and get pumped by the top 4 loser the next week.

We play two finals, win one, McGregor retained for next year.

Now keep in mind I’m having nightmares about the Dragons WINNING two out of three games, how sad is that?

321Davoe dragon

Juniors

Could happen hope your right ,dont know if i would like to bet on them against knights the way theve been playing maybe its a trick...hope so.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
Have I missed something? Is Paul McGregor no longer Saints’ coach?

There’s your answer.

Bugger all and none.

On the bright side, this torture will be over in a fortnight’s time.

SEAT 1A

Bench
There is more chance in rain then this mob turning it around. The camp is shot and the coach has no answers.

LMAO!!!

Latest posts