What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bud News

possm

Coach
Sullivan's hamstring injury is his main problem. An entitlement attitude is his second problem. I'd day bad advice from his manager would be his third problem. With the loss of Hunt, the dragons will need an experience player in the halves. Flanno will ensure his son is up to the job.

hewi

Bench
His hammies at his age are a huge problem in my opinion. Secondly he is no walk up to be the tigers starting half back and lastly which is the better club us with Flanno or the Tigers as they are. Call me biased but I don’t think the Tigers would pay him as much money and we are looking better. Lastly he would have to pass a medical and that might not be easy.

TheRev

First Grade
Bud has done far more time in Ressies than Amone or Sloan has.. and been an absolute standout at that level.. leading that side to wins in almost all of his games.... reminds me of Ramsey actually, one of the very few who got dropped and just went out and gave 150%, and they played Ramsey everywhere but fullback too..

I also keep hearing this small body thing, but Bud hits harder than Amone or Sloan.. but they do run at him all night if hes the main playmaker.. and he's not exactly behind a winning pack.

Sloan has had 30odd and Amone 50 games in the NRL, Sullivan has really played maybe 4or5 as the primary 7?

Anyway doesnt really matter, if he ends up going that's his call.. maybe we regret it, but we move on.. its a risk either way also, those hamstrings.. maybe its our fault the way we train him.. I also reckon he has put some weight on, he looks barrel chested like Bird, maybe thats due to injury, or maybe its just the weights program they do, iirc Sullivan lifts weight well above his weight class..

I've run out of f***s to give, whether he stays or goes, i'll be watching him with interest.

jeffdragon

Bench
His hammies at his age are a huge problem in my opinion. Secondly he is no walk up to be the tigers starting half back and lastly which is the better club us with Flanno or the Tigers as they are. Call me biased but I don’t think the Tigers would pay him as much money and we are looking better. Lastly he would have to pass a medical and that might not be easy.
He's only going to the Tigers hardly cause for concern.

Illusion

Bench
Sullivan has not really done the hard yards as many before him have.His injuries and Covid have not helped him.Would like him to stay however there are good reasons for him to go.Wish him well and given a clear run and free of injury we may see him reach the heights that he aspires.Good luck Bud.
Yes mate , Im sorry to see him go and wish him all the best ...... I think his biggest concern is injuries , maybe the club is thinking another Kyle Stanley ? But then again the Club doesn't think much at all .......

Dragonslayer

First Grade
A lot of 'ifs' with Bud atm.

Again it's his manager who requested this.
Even if he requests we still in our rights refuse the request if it is formally asked.

I find it strange also that he is 'touring' the WT facilities today,but not q of yhe coaches will he there to walk-through with him or even greet. They're preparing elsewhere for their game. So, strange 'appointment" imo.

Not saying Bud won't go, it just appears a bit contrived.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
All Saints need now is Amone to be charged and out for a few years and have Flanno and Hunt as halves. From a potential great future spine of Sloan/Amone/Sullivan/Hunt to =Lomax/Flannagan/Hunt/Liddle....All because Hunt does not want to play 9.

It will be sad if next season Tigers are finals bound this time of year on the back of an outstanding season by Sullivan and Saints still down the bottom losing to most sides by less than 10 because we have a half who cannot close out a game. But hey he tries so hard. Sullivan will have Api at 9 who will make him look great with Papalii, Bateman running off him.

I love bagging Dogs supporters for letting Jonathon Thurston go all those years ago for Sherwin. I feel I may cop the same in the future over Sullivan. I really hope not and I am completely wrong. You never know though as Sullivan could still end up being a Kyle Stanley mark 2 which I hope not. Still feel so sorry for Kyle, would hate that to happen to anyone else.