What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Buderus: getting crapper and dirtier

_Johnsy

Referee
icewind,

Hodges is really struggling atm, he seems more intent on shuffling around the ruck instead of hitting it hard out wide. Inglis at 4 and billy on wing ?

Mr Saab

Referee
Carrying a knee injury doesnt help him.
Still, he was not a passenger out there and is the best center in the game.

aqua_duck

Coach
Dazzat said:
It's hardly surprising that the wheels are falling off the Buderus train ... he only got where he is today on Andrew John's shirt tails ...

No Johns, no saloon passage for young Danny Boy ...

IMO Luke Priddis was always a better hooker forward than Buderus ... now Farah has overtaken both. Even Michael Monaghan is a superior player now.

I definitely put Buderus in the Jamie Lyons category ... week after week you hear the commentators rave about a player, and week after week you wonder, "Am I looking at the same player?"

As for Cameron Smith, his kicking game (not to mention kicking and general play) puts him at the top of the tree ... compare Smith's kicks which consistently found space with Buderus' out-on-the-full effort on Wednesday night.
Luke Priddis was a good footballer but Buderu was better and is better, Smith has overtaken Buerus but the gap isn't as big as people make out, there are aspects of Danny's game which are still superior to Smith's, for example running from dummy half. Farah is abit different, he's flashier and stands out more than Smith and Buderus because he runsalot from dummy halfand often lines up at 1st receiver. As for Monaghan, his best performances have been in he halves this season, he's hardly played at hooker. Btw Johns never made buderus, buderus won a dally m medal without johns, and it could be argued that buderus actally made johns a better playr since it was buderus passing johnsth ball all the time as opposed to it being the other way around. With that kind of thing you could say for example Steve Menzies made Cliff Lyons a better player since Lyon was giving the ball to menzies an menzies use to make the breaks, but logic says that they complimented each other which is what buderus and johns had

Serc

First Grade
Again...its amazing how peoples opinions change so quickly across the board. Everyone used to be on the Buderus bandwagon until this year where bagging him is the new fashion.

A significant part of why Johns was so amazing is because someone gave him great ball from dummy half for all these years...I wonder who that was?

And for all of you wanting to hear it - yes Smith is #1 these days but its by a gnat's franger.

Shorty

Staff member
Funny how it's most Newcastle fans defending him.
I don't think Buderus will ever see an Australian jersey again,Smith will keep it firmly and then Farrah will be in the running for it.

It's clear as day it's between Smith and Farrah now.

RABK

Referee
Cowgirl86 said:
Funny how it's most Newcastle fans defending him.
I don't think Buderus will ever see an Australian jersey again,Smith will keep it firmly and then Farrah will be in the running for it.

It's clear as day it's between Smith and Farrah now.

Similar to how only Cowboy fans think Bowen is as good as Hunt?

Shorty

Staff member
Red and Blue Knight said:
Pardon me,could you please find in this thead where I mentioned Bowen?
Wait you can't.

Further more,what does Bowen have to do with Smith/Farrah or Buderus?

Shorty

Staff member
That's what i'm talking about you plonker.
Great,that still doesn't have anything to do with this thread sunshine.

Bazal

Post Whore

Nah, Bowen is just as good as cutie....they're both as sh*t as each other

Apey

Staff member
Who cares if he's number 3 :? There's 16 teams out there, I wouldn't mind being 3/16.

icewind

Juniors
_Johnsy said:
icewind,

Hodges is really struggling atm, he seems more intent on shuffling around the ruck instead of hitting it hard out wide. Inglis at 4 and billy on wing ?

maybe. i still think, if Moggy is coming back from esl in time, I would prefer him. Qld have Inglis, Thurston etc. as game breakers. Moggy has great defence, is a proper winger, safe as a house under the high ball, and is a great finisher.

id love to find a place for billy. but barring an injury to hunt, i can't see it.