What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Buderus: getting crapper and dirtier

roopy

Referee
actually, when you think about it Hodges giving a call like that on anyone else is pretty ironic, because he is slipping fast.
He used to have some game to back up his big mouth, but is quickly just becoming a big mouth.

roopy

Referee
abpanther said:
I disagree, you cannot compare the importance of a good kicking game for a hooker with a centre. A hooker with a good kicking game can add variety to your attack and can help put pressure on the opposing team by kicking out of dummy half and gaining and extra 5-10 metres. A centre doesn't get the ball often enough to warrant a good kicking game and it is not part of the roles or responsibilities.

Another poster put it best when they said that Buderus is an old-school hooker who does not have the attacking skills or creativity that the new generation presents (ala Farah and Smith)
enormously overstated.
a kicking game is just a little add on - mind you - it would have been very handy for NSW because no one had a kicking game.
For Australia - a kicking game would be the bottom of the list of things you would want your hooker to do well.
As for newcastle - would be nice if bedsy could kick, because the team has not one quality kicker at present.

abpanther

Staff member
roopy said:
enormously overstated.
a kicking game is just a little add on - mind you - it would have been very handy for NSW because no one had a kicking game.
For Australia - a kicking game would be the bottom of the list of things you would want your hooker to do well.
As for newcastle - would be nice if bedsy could kick, because the team has not one quality kicker at present.

A hooker with a good kicking game provides a team with another kicking option, both in attacking situations and to help the team get out of its own half. The fact that NSW has limited kicking options would suggest that a hooker who can kick should be a consideration for game 2 (particularly since Farah is playing great club football)

roopy

Referee
abpanther said:
A hooker with a good kicking game provides a team with another kicking option, both in attacking situations and to help the team get out of its own half. The fact that NSW has limited kicking options would suggest that a hooker who can kick should be a consideration for game 2 (particularly since Farah is playing great club football)
why not pick a half and 5/8 with a good kicking game? - or is that too 'old fashioned'

abpanther

Staff member
roopy said:
why not pick a half and 5/8 with a good kicking game? - or is that too 'old fashioned'

It's not old fashioned because a half and 5/8 have always been required to have a good kicking game. However, generally hookers in the past have not developed their kicking games to make them legitimate kicking options, however in todays game it is a huge asset.

Why would I pick a half or 5/8 at Hooker?? :oops:

The question really is good hooker without a kicking game vs a good hooker with good kicking game, I know which one I would choose in the modern game.

Yosh

Coach
Look Buderus is a CHAMPION. He doesnt do stupid s**t and get penalised for it every time and s**t. What he does is gamesmanship and it comes with experience and being a great player.

Look Cam Smith is a great player of that is no doubt. Has a great kicking game which sh*ts all over Buderus' kicking game. However when it comes to other aspects of a hooker's game he has it all over Cam Smith. He knows how to steer the forwards around the park, gives great passes which help forwards get over the advantage line. He also runs great runs at immaculate times, and whoever said that running the ball and making those metres isnt that important for hookers anymore, you go talk to any forward or coach in the NRL they will tell you that those metres are as valuable as any.

Cam Smith also defends really well, solid I consider him a good defender. BUT Danny Buderus has an AWESOME defensive game. He tackles 30+ every game and he makes great one on one tackles on huge forwards even though he isnt that big himself. More impressive is his toughness and passsion when he tackles everything that moves around the ruck. He is so passionate.

Okay I'll say one more thing before I leave. "Origin isnt won with skill its won with passion" said someone and Cam Smith is a model professional in the modern game. Great skills, cool, calm, collected and is very disciplined HOWEVER when it comes to passion and toughness seroiusly Buderus F**KING S**TS all over him. Origin was made for players like Buderus. I have seen some good hookers in the past, will definately see some amazing hookers in the future, but non of them will be in the leauge of DANNY BUDERUS!!! I LOVE YOU SO MUCH!!!

P.S. Farah is good but f**k oath cant be seroius he is any where as good as Cam Smith and Buderus.

Frederick

Staff member
langpark said:
i don't have to give you the exact minute in the match it happens coz;
1. you know i wouldn't remember wat minute it happens
2. he does it so often i don't need to give specific examples, just keep an eye out for it. make sure your that one eye of yours is open.
:lol: Pathetic. Absolutely pathetic. Claim that there are plenty of specific examples of Buderus being a grub, yet when pressed are able to provide ZERO evidence of these "specific examples"

Bazal

Post Whore
Yosh said:
Look Buderus is a CHAMPION. He doesnt do stupid s**t and get penalised for it every time and s**t. What he does is gamesmanship and it comes with experience and being a great player.

Look Cam Smith is a great player of that is no doubt. Has a great kicking game which sh*ts all over Buderus' kicking game. However when it comes to other aspects of a hooker's game he has it all over Cam Smith. He knows how to steer the forwards around the park, gives great passes which help forwards get over the advantage line. He also runs great runs at immaculate times, and whoever said that running the ball and making those metres isnt that important for hookers anymore, you go talk to any forward or coach in the NRL they will tell you that those metres are as valuable as any.

Cam Smith also defends really well, solid I consider him a good defender. BUT Danny Buderus has an AWESOME defensive game. He tackles 30+ every game and he makes great one on one tackles on huge forwards even though he isnt that big himself. More impressive is his toughness and passsion when he tackles everything that moves around the ruck. He is so passionate.

Okay I'll say one more thing before I leave. "Origin isnt won with skill its won with passion" said someone and Cam Smith is a model professional in the modern game. Great skills, cool, calm, collected and is very disciplined HOWEVER when it comes to passion and toughness seroiusly Buderus F**KING S**TS all over him. Origin was made for players like Buderus. I have seen some good hookers in the past, will definately see some amazing hookers in the future, but non of them will be in the leauge of DANNY BUDERUS!!! I LOVE YOU SO MUCH!!!

P.S. Farah is good but f**k oath cant be seroius he is any where as good as Cam Smith and Buderus.

You, uh, want a tissue? Clean up that mess?

Mr Saab

Referee
roopy said:
actually, when you think about it Hodges giving a call like that on anyone else is pretty ironic, because he is slipping fast.
He used to have some game to back up his big mouth, but is quickly just becoming a big mouth.

Ooooooooooook.
What yr are you in? 2003 or 2007?
In 2003 he was an angry man in poor form and sledging when he shouldnt be as he had no game
In 2007 he is the 1st center chosen and is not like the chump he was 3-4 yrs back.

ByRd

First Grade
Bomber said:
I'd be the best hooker in the world if I played all of my career - club, state and international - with Andrew Johns.

Without Joey to pass the ball to, we're finally seeing just how good Buderus really is.

Hodges got it right. Smith 1, Buderus 2.
LOLL, im a blues fan but how funny was it when Hodges said that to Buderus and i agree, Smith is the best and Farah has taken his game to another level this year and is a better player then Buderus.

_Johnsy

Referee
lang park you have lost and credibility you had. Wake up moron. Smith is the best hooker atm no doubting that. Grub, fmd have you any idea at all ?

_Johnsy

Referee
Mr Saab said:
In 2007 he is the 1st center chosen and is not like the chump he was 3-4 yrs back.

based on wednesday nights game, nope not even close he did S F A.

Eddie.

Bench
Farah outplayed Buderus and Smith just a few weeks ago. In fact in Gosford Farah was incredible, best player on the field by 10 lenghts coming off a few days rest. Made Smith look pedestrian

Robbie Will be NSW 9 next season and Australian Number 9 very soon after that.

Dutchy

Immortal
Eddie. said:
Farah outplayed Buderus and Smith in the Space of 3 days just a few weeks ago.

Robbie Will be NSW 9 next season and Australian Number 9 very soon after that.

ha. ha.

Eddie.

Bench
Whats so funny?

Look at the Dally M Table for 2007?

R Farah - Leader 17 Points (averaging 2 points a game)

The takeover is happening. Just wait and see.

Bazal

Post Whore
Farah is already better than Buderus...only a matter of time before he is as good as or better than Smith

Shorty

Staff member
Come off it,Smith is far better than any 9 in the game at the moment.
Farrah,yes he's good,he's not better than Smith,and won't be for quite a while.

icewind

Juniors
_Johnsy said:
based on wednesday nights game, nope not even close he did S F A.

yup, I agree. Seems to be playing on one leg atm, and Mal should consider someone else should his knee not improve. He's not the quickest player on the field at the best of times (not slow but just not quick like Hayne) and you really need to be at 100% at origin level. (unless ur Lockyer or Johns where their 75% would equal most people's 100%.)

Dazzat

First Grade
It's hardly surprising that the wheels are falling off the Buderus train ... he only got where he is today on Andrew John's shirt tails ...

No Johns, no saloon passage for young Danny Boy ...

IMO Luke Priddis was always a better hooker forward than Buderus ... now Farah has overtaken both. Even Michael Monaghan is a superior player now.

I definitely put Buderus in the Jamie Lyons category ... week after week you hear the commentators rave about a player, and week after week you wonder, "Am I looking at the same player?"

As for Cameron Smith, his kicking game (not to mention kicking and general play) puts him at the top of the tree ... compare Smith's kicks which consistently found space with Buderus' out-on-the-full effort on Wednesday night.

Latest posts